American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Sims wrote:
Zenith wrote:
Sims wrote:north koreas missiles are pretty much the equivalent of a paper plane flying about

That was 10 years ago.

Their most advanced missile is expected to be ready soon and can travel over 11000 km.

Scenes when it's made out of polystyrene

Scenes when they're actually fireworks.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Angelito » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:50 am

Va-Va-Voom wrote:America will blow North Korea out of existence in 5 minutes if that fat pig tries anything.

It's all posturing, North Korea will never do anything, they know their place.

If it's going down, North Korea will take South Korea with them.

I also doubt China and Russia (ya know that country's Trump's supervisor lives) would take this easily.

Just don't think USA would want to be dragged into a war with N.Korea.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GoonerAlexandre » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:58 am

North Korea can't beat South Korea, let alone the US

They can kill from 2 million people to 10-15 million in Seoul though, because of the city's proximity to the border

For that reason, the US can't beat NK
GoonerAlexandre
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:10 am

GoonerAlexis wrote:They can kill from 2 million people to 10-15 million

That is the point. Many people will die, North Koreans, South Koreans.

There is no point endangering lives of people who are not even involved in the war.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:32 pm

It's the republican way to go to war. Unfortunately it boost the American economy and could help Trump win a second term.

If innocent people are dying (and they will), then nobody wins a war.

Humans really are pathetic. I always think of Carl Sagan's pale blue dot. We're an idiotic bunch of creatures.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Relax, it's just sabre rattling. North Korea is just that kid that acts stupid just to get a reaction. There is no way they are going to be stupid enough to launch that missile due to the basic MAD theory and the US has a President who will react with force. Although in this case it would be more of a SAD theory for North Korea.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:46 pm

I agree, but I wouldn't put it past Trump to look for any little silly reason to start a war.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Slick » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:53 pm

StLGooner wrote:It's the republican way to go to war. Unfortunately it boost the American economy and could help Trump win a second term.

Humans really are pathetic. I always think of Carl Sagan's pale blue dot. We're an idiotic bunch of creatures.

It's not just the Republicans though. Hilary was a hawk and Obama rained down more drone strikes than ever before. It's the American way. We think we can solve all problems by war and nation building. We don't learn from past mistakes.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zenith » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:57 pm

Meanwhile China is well on its way of surpassing the States on economy level.

Surely 'murica wouldn't just let that happen without starting another war of some sort? Especially considering China are North Korea's closest allies.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Slick » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Zenith wrote:Meanwhile China is well on its way of surpassing the States on economy level.

Surely 'murica wouldn't just let that happen without starting another war of some sort? Especially considering China are North Korea's closest allies.

I'm not sure I follow.

You think the Donald is provoking North Korea because China is kicking ass?
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zenith » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:49 pm

Slick wrote:
Zenith wrote:Meanwhile China is well on its way of surpassing the States on economy level.

I'm not sure I follow.

No, replace Donald with the intimidated Kim Jong-un who is provoking the USA. He comes across as a man who is worried he might end up like Gaddafi and therefore tries to make as much noise as possible to try and scare off those by whom he feels intimidated.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby StLGooner » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Slick wrote:
StLGooner wrote:It's the republican way to go to war. Unfortunately it boost the American economy and could help Trump win a second term.

It's not just the Republicans though. Hilary was a hawk and Obama rained down more drone strikes than ever before. It's the American way. We think we can solve all problems by war and nation building. We don't learn from past mistakes.

True, it is the American way, I think the repubs love it more though. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Slick » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Zenith wrote:
Slick wrote:

I'm not sure I follow.

No, replace Donald with the intimidated Kim Jong-un who is provoking the USA. He comes across as a man who is worried he might end up like Gaddafi and therefore tries to make as much noise as possible to try and scare off those by whom he feels intimidated.

Okay thanks. Yes, I agree. The US didn't start this particular problem although President dip shit's comments yesterday didn't help.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Angelito » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 am

Zenith wrote:
Slick wrote:

I'm not sure I follow.

This is true.

One of the reasons why N. Korea tests its missiles and keeps nuclear weapons is to harbour off any threat from America. The leaders there don't want a repeat of Saddam/Iraq or Libya/Gaddafi incident. They know that America is obnoxious and haven't been true to their word in the past. If it proves strategic enough for the USA, it will strike without remorse.

America will crush North Korea, but the Koreans want to make it as tough for Americans as possible. They will go down all guns blazing than with a whimper as was the case with Saddam. Is America willing to risk agitating China? The present regime is much more acceptable for China as opposed to a chaotic North Korea after US invasion. Plus, why would China allow Americans to establish their version of democracy in North Korea?

All USA does is install a puppet government in the name of democracy.

If USA attacks N. Korea, Seoul would be crushed to a rubble and China would be agitated. Not something America would want, although it's a country that does senseless things, so you never know.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby LMAO » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:43 am

f**k Donald Trump and his weak ass condemnation. He had the gall to go at Obama for not saying "radical Islamic terrorism," but his punk ass can't call those people today "white supremacists" and "white terrorists."

f**k those racist AmeriKKKan neo-nazi fucktards. The entire alt-right movement can go to hell, acting like white is superior just because white people happened to be RNG born white. Going on about "muh heritage," piggybacking off their ancestors when most of the alt-righters today haven't contributed anything positive to society. Calling liberals snowflakes, but they proceed get their panties in a bunch over a Robert E. Lee (an American traitor at that) statue being removed. Ffs :doh:

And f**k anyone trying to justify the violence.

The aliens will finally show up when we all figure out we're part of the same species.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate