American Politics

Debate about anything going on in the world. Please remember, everyone has their own opinion.

Re: American Politics

Postby 22-0 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:51 pm

you're right itll be 8 years.
22-0
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm

What's happened now, I can't even keep up anymore.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Yago » Wed May 17, 2017 12:45 pm

- Trump fired Comey
- Washington post (& later confirmed by others) said Trump revealed highly classificed information to a Russian diplomat. This was intelligence Israel had provided allegedly, and they don't seem to be happy about it. White House said "naaah not true" and then Trump said "yes it was I can do that if I want to".
- NYT revealed Comey wrote a memo about Trump asking him to shut down the investigation into Michael Flynn (this was mid february)
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 17, 2017 4:11 pm

Yago wrote:- Trump fired Comey
- Washington post (& later confirmed by others) said Trump revealed highly classificed information to a Russian diplomat. This was intelligence Israel had provided allegedly, and they don't seem to be happy about it. White House said "naaah not true" and then Trump said "yes it was I can do that if I want to".
- NYT revealed Comey wrote a memo about Trump asking him to shut down the investigation into Michael Flynn (this was mid february)

LOL.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Sun May 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Trump says that "No politician, and I say this with absolute surity. has been treated worse than me"

Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela, Benezir Bhuto, Yitzhak Rabin, Jo Cox, JFK and Abraham Lincoln all say hi
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Slick » Mon May 22, 2017 3:08 am

UFGN wrote:Trump says that "No politician, and I say this with absolute surity. has been treated worse than me"

Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela, Benezir Bhuto, Yitzhak Rabin, Jo Cox, JFK and Abraham Lincoln all say hi

Don't forget this guy.

Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Callum » Mon May 22, 2017 5:15 am

Bannon in SA lmao

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 am

Slick wrote:
UFGN wrote:Trump says that "No politician, and I say this with absolute surity. has been treated worse than me"

Don't forget this guy.

WTF
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Slick » Mon May 22, 2017 3:18 pm

UFGN wrote:
Slick wrote:

Don't forget this guy.

WTF

The mouthbreathing knuckle draggers that make up the Tea Party are responsible for that stuff. Those 4 signs/photos are just the tip of the iceberg.

Obama got shat on way more than the Donald.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Zenith » Mon May 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby LMAO » Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 am

California <3

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/us/california-engages-world-and-fights-washington-on-climate-change.html?_r=1

“I want to do everything we can to keep America on track, keep the world on track, and lead in all the ways California has,” said Mr. Brown, who has embraced this fight as he enters what is likely to be the final stretch of a 40-year career in California government. “We’re looking to do everything we can to advance our program, regardless of whatever happens in Washington.”

“With Trump indicating that he will withdraw from climate change leadership, the rest of the global community is looking to California, as one of the world’s largest economies, to take the lead,” said Mario Molina, a Nobel Prize-winning scientist from Mexico who advises nations on climate change policy. “California demonstrates to the world that you can have a strong climate policy without hurting your economy.”

“China is committed to establishing a cap-and-trade this year, and we are looking for expertise across the world as we design our program — and we are looking closely at the California experience,” said Donquan He, a vice president of Energy Foundation China, an organization that works with the Chinese government on climate change issues.

“We may not represent Washington, but we will represent the wide swath of American people who will keep the faith on this,” [California Governor Jerry Brown] said.

:clap:

Those dillweeds making up the Trump Administration and most Congressional Republicans are stupid to ignore the world's sixth largest economy and the most powerful U.S. state.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 am

Brandon wrote:California <3

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/us/california-engages-world-and-fights-washington-on-climate-change.html?_r=1

“I want to do everything we can to keep America on track, keep the world on track, and lead in all the ways California has,” said Mr. Brown, who has embraced this fight as he enters what is likely to be the final stretch of a 40-year career in California government. “We’re looking to do everything we can to advance our program, regardless of whatever happens in Washington.”

“With Trump indicating that he will withdraw from climate change leadership, the rest of the global community is looking to California, as one of the world’s largest economies, to take the lead,” said Mario Molina, a Nobel Prize-winning scientist from Mexico who advises nations on climate change policy. “California demonstrates to the world that you can have a strong climate policy without hurting your economy.”

“China is committed to establishing a cap-and-trade this year, and we are looking for expertise across the world as we design our program — and we are looking closely at the California experience,” said Donquan He, a vice president of Energy Foundation China, an organization that works with the Chinese government on climate change issues.

“We may not represent Washington, but we will represent the wide swath of American people who will keep the faith on this,” [California Governor Jerry Brown] said.

Those dillweeds making up the Trump Administration and most Congressional Republicans are stupid to ignore the world's sixth largest economy and the most powerful U.S. state.

Calixit incoming

UFGN

Postby Slick » Wed May 24, 2017 1:53 pm

He sure seems to have done a great job cleaning up the mess that the Governator left him with.

His Lieutenant Governor, Gavin Newsom is a guy I really like as well. I think he'll be president one day.
Slick
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LMAO » Thu May 25, 2017 4:29 am

UFGN wrote:

Calixit incoming

It'll never happen nor would I want it to, but it'd be interesting to see what a country comprising the Baja California Peninsula, California, Cascadia (Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia), Alaska, and Hawaii could accomplish.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby UFGN » Thu May 25, 2017 11:48 am

Brandon wrote:
UFGN wrote:

Calixit incoming

It'll never happen nor would I want it to, but it'd be interesting to see what a country comprising the Baja California Peninsula, California, Cascadia (Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia), Alaska, and Hawaii could accomplish.

Would basically be another Canada but with a bit more cash

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to The Big Debate