Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
User avatar
GunnGunn
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18992
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: London

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:10 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
CrimsonGunner11 wrote:
Leody wrote:I can't believe people are actually HAPPY about this... indifferent I could understand

Perfect world we would have signed a better winger and kept fivehead as a squad player.

Spot on.

Shut up wrote:People tell me you cant criticize Ramsey as he always gives his all, Gervinho always gave his all, yet he got criticized.


Spot on.

VCC wrote:
Leody wrote:I can't believe people are actually HAPPY about this... indifferent I could understand

Perfect world we would have signed a better winger and kept fivehead as a squad player.

we already have theo podolski and miyachi



Theo "One good game in ten" Walcott :hiding:
Lukas "Often goes missing in games" Podolski
Ryo "The high school kid" Miyachi

Gervinho has his flaws but our other wingers/forwards have theirs too. Haters gonna hate :hiding:


You always say how you rate Wenger's judgement right? So how come you are moving goal posts when it comes to Gervinho? It is Wenger's call that he simply is not good enough so what do you have to say about that?

Walcott was our highest goal scorer and if he was only good once every ten games then imagine what he could do when he is good every other game ;)

I don't rate all of his judgements. He makes some good decisions and he also makes some bad decisions. Selling Gervinho and getting back the money we used to pay for him is good for the squad so im not complaining on that front. But he certainly needs replacing though. We either have to buy another player or hope that Chamberlain steps up next season. I back Gervinho because people go over the top when criticizing him. I don't think he deserves the abuse he gets when tbh some of our other players can be just as frustrating and at time even moreso
Leno
(Martinez/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Sokratis Tierney
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Holding/Chambers) (Monreal/Dinos) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka(c)
(Luiz?/Medley)
Torreira --- Ceballos
(Guendouzi/Elneny) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Mkhi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 8/8/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 17784
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:11 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.
Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36375
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Leody » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Massa wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.


Yeah, that's only 3rd best in the entire league when you covert it to per 90 min played!

He's SHIT!!!

Image
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Is his brother Ricky avaliable?
User avatar
Royal Gooner
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8819
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.


Yeah, that's only 3rd best in the entire league when you covert it to per 90 min played!

He's SHIT!!!

Image

Did you read that table lol? It's a 'most frequent dribblers' list. He dribbles the 3rd most per 90 mins, yes, but look at the 'Dribble success rate'. 33.3%. Joint 3rd worst in that table. Just because a player does something alot doesn't mean he's good at it
Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36375
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Dejan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:36 pm

He improved last season and we shouldnt of sold him. He will do well in Rome.
He needs replacing.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(


Image
User avatar
Dejan
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 24183
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Leody » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 pm

Massa wrote:
Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.


Yeah, that's only 3rd best in the entire league when you covert it to per 90 min played!

He's SHIT!!!

Image

Did you read that table lol? It's a 'most frequent dribblers' list. He dribbles the 3rd most per 90 mins, yes, but look at the 'Dribble success rate'. 33.3%. Joint 3rd worst in that table. Just because a player does something alot doesn't mean he's good at it


Yeah, because he takes chances other players don't. That's like saying Denilson was a great passer because his completion rate was consistantly 95% or better, but because he only passed it backwards. Gervinho runs at people constantly. His success rate is naturally going to be lower because he's forcing the issue more than most.

Just like CMs who are constantly trying to make defense splitting passes are going to have a lower passing %.

Look at Suarez, his is only 37% and people think he's God's gift to strikers right now.
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby JohnDuval » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:40 pm

So glad he's gone but no doubt in a couple of years I will miss him..
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.


Yeah, that's only 3rd best in the entire league when you covert it to per 90 min played!

He's SHIT!!!

Image

Did you read that table lol? It's a 'most frequent dribblers' list. He dribbles the 3rd most per 90 mins, yes, but look at the 'Dribble success rate'. 33.3%. Joint 3rd worst in that table. Just because a player does something alot doesn't mean he's good at it


Yeah, because he takes chances other players don't. That's like saying Denilson was a great passer because his completion rate was consistantly 95% or better, but because he only passed it backwards. Gervinho runs at people constantly. His success rate is naturally going to be lower because he's forcing the issue more than most.

Just like CMs who are constantly trying to make defense splitting passes are going to have a lower passing %.

Gervinho also has a poor shots on target percentage, does that mean he's good at is cause he's constantly shooting? 'Forcing the issue' with an attribute you're not good at doesn't make you better at it. If Gervinho was as good a dribbler as people make out his successful dribbles per game/successful dribbles percentage stats would be higher.

Either way it's a pretty meaningless table and is certainly not strong enough evidence for you to accompany it with a sarcastic comment.
Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36375
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Leody » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Massa wrote:
Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.


Yeah, that's only 3rd best in the entire league when you covert it to per 90 min played!

He's SHIT!!!

Image

Did you read that table lol? It's a 'most frequent dribblers' list. He dribbles the 3rd most per 90 mins, yes, but look at the 'Dribble success rate'. 33.3%. Joint 3rd worst in that table. Just because a player does something alot doesn't mean he's good at it


Yeah, because he takes chances other players don't. That's like saying Denilson was a great passer because his completion rate was consistantly 95% or better, but because he only passed it backwards. Gervinho runs at people constantly. His success rate is naturally going to be lower because he's forcing the issue more than most.

Just like CMs who are constantly trying to make defense splitting passes are going to have a lower passing %.

Gervinho also has a poor shots on target percentage, does that mean he's good at is cause he's constantly shooting? 'Forcing the issue' with an attribute you're not good at doesn't make you better at it. If Gervinho was as good a dribbler as people make out his successful dribbles per game/successful dribbles percentage stats would be higher.

Either way it's a pretty meaningless table and is certainly not strong enough evidence for you to accompany it with a sarcastic comment.


Would you say C. Ronaldo is a good dribbler?

I think most sane people on the planet would...

His success rate is 34% and he averages 1.3 a game
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.


Yeah, that's only 3rd best in the entire league when you covert it to per 90 min played!

He's SHIT!!!

Image

Did you read that table lol? It's a 'most frequent dribblers' list. He dribbles the 3rd most per 90 mins, yes, but look at the 'Dribble success rate'. 33.3%. Joint 3rd worst in that table. Just because a player does something alot doesn't mean he's good at it


Yeah, because he takes chances other players don't. That's like saying Denilson was a great passer because his completion rate was consistantly 95% or better, but because he only passed it backwards. Gervinho runs at people constantly. His success rate is naturally going to be lower because he's forcing the issue more than most.

Just like CMs who are constantly trying to make defense splitting passes are going to have a lower passing %.

Look at Suarez, his is only 37% and people think he's God's gift to strikers right now.

Plus Samba Diakite at 66% makes him the best dribbler on that table :lol: . Stats never tell the whole story. If anything that table shows me how involved Gervinho is per game. It's no wonder Theo's so low on the list and Podolski's nowhere to be found :hiding:


Gervinho > Aguero > Hazard > Bale :thumbsup:
Leno
(Martinez/Macey)
Bellerin Saliba Sokratis Tierney
(Niles/Osei-Tutu) (Holding/Chambers) (Monreal/Dinos) (Kolasinac/Bola)
Xhaka(c)
(Luiz?/Medley)
Torreira --- Ceballos
(Guendouzi/Elneny) --- (Ozil/Willock)
Pepe -------------------- Auba
(ESR/Mkhi) -------------------- (Nelson/Saka)
Lacazette
(Martinelli/Nketiah)


Last Updated: 8/8/19
User avatar
CrimsonGunner11
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 17784
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 pm
Location: The Peach State

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby Massa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
Leody wrote:
Massa wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
Massa wrote:Hleb was twice the dribbler Gervinho is


And twice as bad at finishing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Disagree. Hleb was one of our main players in the best seasonn we've had since 05. Gervinho could never have that type of impact. His dribbling ability is overrated, he averages 1.3 successful dribbles per game, compare that to any other top winger and it's likely to be worse. Considering that people consider that his best attribute it's a testament to how bad he is.


Yeah, that's only 3rd best in the entire league when you covert it to per 90 min played!

He's SHIT!!!

Image

Did you read that table lol? It's a 'most frequent dribblers' list. He dribbles the 3rd most per 90 mins, yes, but look at the 'Dribble success rate'. 33.3%. Joint 3rd worst in that table. Just because a player does something alot doesn't mean he's good at it


Yeah, because he takes chances other players don't. That's like saying Denilson was a great passer because his completion rate was consistantly 95% or better, but because he only passed it backwards. Gervinho runs at people constantly. His success rate is naturally going to be lower because he's forcing the issue more than most.

Just like CMs who are constantly trying to make defense splitting passes are going to have a lower passing %.

Gervinho also has a poor shots on target percentage, does that mean he's good at is cause he's constantly shooting? 'Forcing the issue' with an attribute you're not good at doesn't make you better at it. If Gervinho was as good a dribbler as people make out his successful dribbles per game/successful dribbles percentage stats would be higher.

Either way it's a pretty meaningless table and is certainly not strong enough evidence for you to accompany it with a sarcastic comment.


Would you say C. Ronaldo is a good dribbler?

I think most sane people on the planet would...

His success rate is 34% and he averages 1.3 a game

I have him at 1.7 a game

Fair enough re: Ronaldo. But using his low percentage to justify Gervinho's is hardly a convincing argument. I could therefore say anyone with that sort of percentage is a good dribbler. I think what we have established is that stats are pretty useless to determine a good dribbler lol
Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36375
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby JohnDuval » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Do we have to look at stats to see that gervinho is shit?
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Re: Gervinho completes transfer to Roma

Postby GSK_AFC » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:52 am

Wish him all the best in Rome. He looked promising at times and was our best dribbler IMO but I don't think he'll be missed. Chamberlain should take Gervinhos gametime.
Image
User avatar
GSK_AFC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 12759
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to 27. Gervinho

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest