Gervinho our new striker?

Re: Gervinho our new striker?

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:00 am

He needs to stop trying to beat too many players, too many times. That said i am a Gervinho fan.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:30 am

friedslice wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:You hope he leaves? f**k me the amount of players who wrote their name in Arsenal history over the years who would have been slaughtered on here does make me f***ing laugh.

So he had a bad touch and a frustrating game against the best team in England? He has scored 3 goals in his last 3 games, give him a break for fucks sake.

^this.

His finishing is woeful but despite that he's still been one of our best players this season. And people want him to leave?
:rofll:
Our fans by and large are a joke, they moan constantly about the players we do sell but at the same time want us to sell everybody who's not scored a hattrick for a few games....Rosicky, Koscielny, Van Persie and Song were all players Arsenal fans have clambered onto the "get rid of asap 'cos they're shit/injured" bandwagon, all have proven within the past 18 months for the club that they are top class players. After half a dozen games most down the Arsenal whinged we'd bought a dud in Bergkamp, we've always been an impatient and highly demanding bunch.
Our fans just love to whinge, maybe that's just fans in general, but ours have always had a terrible history of major infighting amongst ourselves...and I mean long before the internet gave everyone around the world a voice.

I've digressed somewhat from the thread but I don't understand why our fans always seem to want to hate a player sooner than they like them, there's no reason to be so harsh on Gervinho imo. I think the last few weeks more than ever show the severe knee jerking from eurphoria to sack everyone we're shit and back again. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Agreed, some seem to care far more about being right about a player being shit than actually caring if we win the game or not. Matchday threads are often full of "SEE I TOLD YOU X WAS SHIT SEEEEEE" while the game's still going. If you're too busy trying to say one of our players is shit to actually watch the team you supposedly support, then I don't think you're a real fan.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Trequartista » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:45 am

A tiny, TINY part of me thinks that Wenger doing this whole 'winger as a false 9' thing is just to show Walcott who's boss. Kind of just to say, look, it's not that i don't dare to give people a chance through the middle but it's up to me so put up and shut up.

I mean it's just a bit strange to me that Podolski, a recognised central striker (who admitedly has been very good out wide) would start on the left with Gervinho playing a largely central role. I'm all for fluid front 3's, in fact I cant get enough of them, but it just seems a tad odd that we are doing things like this right now, especially with Giroud on the bench. But hey ho, if it works...can't argue with 3 goals in 3 games.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to 27. Gervinho