3 Match ban confirmed

Postby GoonerGetYA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:55 pm

A new hope
GoonerGetYA
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Re: 3 Match ban confirmed

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:00 pm

TBH im more annoyed that Barton didnt get charged after all he instigated it all & imo should not go unpunished, nothing but a WUM!
just need to wait & find out Songs fate now. :?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby GoonerGetYA » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:05 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:TBH im more annoyed that Barton didnt get charged after all he instigated it all & imo should not go unpunished, nothing but a WUM!
just need to wait & find out Songs fate now. :?

He'll get a 3 game ban as well, a stamp is a stamp! Its plain for all to see he's guilty.

Looking great for us, with Liverpool and utd we will have, or should i say Wenger will have all his excuses all lined up!
A new hope
GoonerGetYA
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby The Goats Horn » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Deserved and when Song gets his three matches,that will be deserved too.
The Goats Horn
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Im not complaining about our bans, had Gervinho & Song not done what they did then they wouldnt be getting done, its their own faults, the decision was right, but Barton getting off scott free for instigating it, assaulting gerv & then acting like he was punched by Bruno, falling over quicker than ronaldo in a penalty area..... is what is wrong. :@
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Song better learn his lessons and not repeat his stupidity .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:44 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Song better learn his lessons and not repeat his stupidity .

I like Song being a bit of a bully, but not like that. He was wrong, and needs to learn when to be a bully and when not to.

But this is the Gervinho thread. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:48 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Song better learn his lessons and not repeat his stupidity .

I like Song being a bit of a bully, but not like that. He was wrong, and needs to learn when to be a bully and when not to.

Why create separate threads for the two stupidities hehe
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:

Why create separate threads for the two stupidities hehe

I think there is still only 1 thread as Song's suspension hasn't been announced yet.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:26 pm

^^^Its confirmed.

Arsène Wenger's midfield crisis deepened after Alex Song was handed a three-match ban for his stamp on Newcastle United's Joey Barton, after a review of the video evidence. The Arsenal manager, who has lost Cesc Fábregas to Barcelona, faces losing Samir Nasri to Manchester City and has Jack Wilshere out with ankle trouble, has appealed against the severity of Gervinho's suspension for his red card at St James' Park. The new signing slapped Barton during the melee that erupted after the Newcastle midfielder accused him of diving to win a penalty.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... vinho-bans
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby yosifun » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Barton should have gotten at least one game ban for assaulting Gervinho.. W****rs..
yosifun
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TRA Dial Square » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 pm

The Goats Horn wrote:Deserved and when Song gets his three matches,that will be deserved too.

Sorry... I disagree. First and foremost Gervinho was clipped in the area, therefore it was a penalty... Also Barton manhandled him in the area whilst the ball's in play (it was mentioned by someone else too) so surely that should have been an indirect FK to Arsenal at best.

And I actually researched the Fifa/F.A rulebook and there's no mention of hands raised being an automatic red-card - Check it for yourself if you can be bothered to do so (I don't expect you to though lol)

That being said the only reason the referee gave a red card was because two NUFC Players one being Stephen Taylor (who actually told reporters after he "didn't see" what happened) told the ref Gervinho had elbowed Barton. When the camp slap he actually received could have been delivered harder by my sister.

But the 3 match ban clearly comes from the red card and the reason Barton wasn't punished by the F.A afterwards is because the referee had 'handled it' in-game w/ the yellow card.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 pm

The rules do not back up such a harsh ban, they have just used their discretion to make it 3 games and that is well out of order considering the circumstances. f**k off Barton
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:46 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
The Goats Horn wrote:Deserved and when Song gets his three matches,that will be deserved too.

Sorry... I disagree. First and foremost Gervinho was clipped in the area, therefore it was a penalty... Also Barton manhandled him in the area whilst the ball's in play (it was mentioned by someone else too) so surely that should have been an indirect FK to Arsenal at best.

And I actually researched the Fifa/F.A rulebook and there's no mention of hands raised being an automatic red-card - Check it for yourself if you can be bothered to do so (I don't expect you to though lol)

That being said the only reason the referee gave a red card was because two NUFC Players one being Stephen Taylor (who actually told reporters after he "didn't see" what happened) told the ref Gervinho had elbowed Barton. When the camp slap he actually received could have been delivered harder by my sister.

But the 3 match ban clearly comes from the red card and the reason Barton wasn't punished by the F.A afterwards is because the referee had 'handled it' in-game w/ the yellow card.

There probably isn't a rule mentioning that being picked up by your shirt is a foul either. ;)

Plus, Gerv didn't just raise his hand up, he smacked him. Its a red every day of the week, quit being so biased. :biggrin:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby JordanTheGunner » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:52 pm

Gervinho's appeal turned down and Song also receives three match ban. Both to miss Liverpool, United and Swansea.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Next

Return to 27. Gervinho