Frimpong sold

Frimpong sold

Postby prolific » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:44 pm

Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1
Told that Frimpong will be out on loan in Jan, offers from two teams in Turkey
4:56 PM - 4 Nov 13
https://twitter.com/DarrenArsenal1/stat ... 2419523584

Such a shame its had to end, I stand by his potential to become a real squad player at the very least but he has screwed it. Good luck to him when his contract ends at the end of the season.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Frimpong Loan

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 pm

Turkey? Really?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby AFC10 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Too many people are taking this as the end of Frimpong. This could be his last big chance to prove a point and to hopefully earn a new contract. Good luck to him but this should of come a lot sooner
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:16 pm

I agree that it could be his last big chance, but I don't hold much hope for him.

I don't think he's done anything personally to damage his chances though, or specifically I don't think the music or anything 'DENCH' related has anything to do with it.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Callum » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:17 pm

I think a lot of people have overreacted with regards to his off-field antics. He doesn't do anything illegal or negligent, nor does he seems to be struggling in training - he's just a bit of a pleb. He could still come good, and a loan move seems like the best thing for him.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunpowder » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Hmm haven't read anything around here. Would watch him some time if he joins a good side.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:54 pm

Callum wrote:I think a lot of people have overreacted with regards to his off-field antics. He doesn't do anything illegal or negligent, nor does he seems to be struggling in training - he's just a bit of a pleb. He could still come good, and a loan move seems like the best thing for him.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, if he goes on loan abroad then I can't see him coming back.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:59 pm

He's poor and will never make it here.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby AFC10 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Callum wrote:I think a lot of people have overreacted with regards to his off-field antics. He doesn't do anything illegal or negligent, nor does he seems to be struggling in training - he's just a bit of a pleb. He could still come good, and a loan move seems like the best thing for him.

Agree. I think he's probably frustrate and boredom has a lot to do with it. He's young and been out for a very long while and is struggling to get a game! I do hope he does well though because it would be a shame to see him go, he's been at the club since he was 9... Gooner through and through.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zenith » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:

Agreed.

Unfortunately, if he goes on loan abroad then I can't see him coming back.

+1. I'm one of the few on here who prefers him over Coquelin. Kept his football simple and didn't try ridiculous no-look passes that never came off, unlike Coquelin. Several long-term injuries didn't do his development much good. Often criticised for his antics off the pitch but from what i've heard he's one of the most disciplined and hardest working players in our squad. His injuries didn't stop him from becoming a regular for Wolves and Fulham, wheras Coquelin is second/third choice in a side that find themselves in the relegation zone of the Bundesliga. Neither of the two look like they're going to make it here though.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Est83 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:00 am

Do you know who else tried a lot of no-look passes?.......... Ramsey.

Just sayin' ;)

I don't see why he would want to go abroad. He needs to find another Wolves.

Palace could be realistic.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Zedie » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:58 am

Est83 wrote:Do you know who else tried a lot of no-look passes?.......... Ramsey.

Just sayin' ;)

They need a player like him as well. He really does need some regular football, hes not going to accomplish anything sitting on his hands.

people seem to forget his tenacity, desire to win, strength and passing range because he is now more known for his instagramming than his football. He needs to sort his ligaments out and play a solid half a season before we know what future he has.

he could defo end up a tank for a team.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:57 am

Yup if he manages to stay for a season or two straight he could definitely turn into a Tioté type of player. Mind you Tioté couldn't even get into Anderlecht's first team when he was Frimpong's age. These physical type of midfielders are very often late bloomers. I'm not saying he could become as good as Tioté but he's got all the attributes to become a similar type of player.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Frequent football would be good for him, as would a change of scenery. Still don't think he'll turn out to be good enough for us though.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Zëdië wrote:
Est83 wrote:Do you know who else tried a lot of no-look passes?.......... Ramsey.

Just sayin' ;)

They need a player like him as well. He really does need some regular football, hes not going to accomplish anything sitting on his hands.

people seem to forget his tenacity, desire to win, strength and passing range because he is now more known for his instagramming than his football. He needs to sort his ligaments out and play a solid half a season before we know what future he has.

he could defo end up a tank for a team.

Jedinak is a big physical midfielder and he's Palace's captain, I don't see why they'd want Frimpong as anything more than a squad player.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Next

Return to 26. Emmanuel Frimpong