It feels so good to be back

Re: It feels so good to be back

Postby Est83 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:54 pm

:scratch:

What has he actually said to make himself sound like some kind of arrogant celebrity?

He comes out with jokes and rivalry banter, gets a bit cheeky and cocky, but that's about it. Nothing about his talent, good or bad.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:10 pm

I honestly couldn't care less one way or the other about the kid. He's shown nothing beyond the expected for a promising youth, so I'm not excited about him. Just rubs me a the wrong way a little with his off the field antics. He's just not my cup of tea, as far as personality. He's an immature, unprofessional little clown.

Some people like those antics and banter, which is fine. I don't care for them.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gzagee » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Nothing the boy has said smacks of being egotistical. He plays and enjoys the game.
Last season folks said he was reckless and had a poor football brain yet hr only had one more booking than Coquelin before he fell injured.
Ask the Wolves faithful if he had an ego or thought he was better than his teammates, and they'll tell you quite the opposite.
I don't care that he was messing around with his cousin doing music whilst injured. He needed something to take his mind off the injury and that was his outlet. Certainly beats going out late night, being accused of rape or wrapping your car round a tree.
And he's worked hard to return from two serious injuries. That takes dedication and will power.
More power to the kid.
Hope he gets back to where he was when he burst on to the scene a few years ago. Stick two fingers up to the haterz and back biters.

BAWSE. Lol
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Leody » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:28 am

His constant twitter statements don't strike you as immature and unprofessional?

Even if they're things we fans are thinking, a true professional wouldn't say them. You wouldn't see Henry or Bergkamp saying things about former teammates in the public like he has, no matter how they felt about them.

Has nothing to do with him making it here or not, I just don't like players that act like him in the public eye. I don't hold it against him, he's just a kid after-all. But it's not to my liking is the only point I'm making. And if it weren't for his antics, few would give a toss about him because he doesn't have the footballing quality to warrant the attention that he receives. Yet.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 am

Players like Wilshere, Frimpong and Jenkinson would not wish to leave the club and willing to accept modest salary. By the way, I think Wenger has talked about Frimpong more than Coquelin in the last few years. He should not be that bad.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:12 am

From the outside looking in, I've been impressed by Yenaris.

Who knows what happens in reserve matches and training though.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:14 am

Leody wrote:His constant twitter statements don't strike you as immature and unprofessional?

Even if they're things we fans are thinking, a true professional wouldn't say them. You wouldn't see Henry or Bergkamp saying things about former teammates in the public like he has, no matter how they felt about them.

Has nothing to do with him making it here or not, I just don't like players that act like him in the public eye. I don't hold it against him, he's just a kid after-all. But it's not to my liking is the only point I'm making. And if it weren't for his antics, few would give a toss about him because he doesn't have the footballing quality to warrant the attention that he receives. Yet.

Exactly.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:42 am

There is a line between tweeting as a supporter and tweeting as a player. Frimpong, Szczesny, Wilshere and some other young players cross it regularly. Just like you said, they are kids.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Fran Solo wrote:There is a line between tweeting as a supporter and tweeting as a player. Frimpong, Szczesny, Wilshere and some other young players cross it regularly. Just like you said, they are kids.

Didn't Szczesny delete his account?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:38 pm

Yeah Wilshere did aswell.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Kyle? » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:06 pm

I'd start Frimpong against West Ham, his physical prescence would be useful.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fran Solo » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:12 pm

It's good if they have deleted their accounts. Seeing Wilshere bantering with Spurs fans were rather embarassing. Don't want to see them end up like Joey Barton.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 pm

He might be going out on loan again this week:

On twitter:

Emmanuel Y Frimpong ‏@Frimpong26AFC

Subject to rumours am not leaving afc I am positive of going on loan this week which am really excited about and I am fully commited to afc

Emmanuel Y Frimpong ‏@Frimpong26AFC

And am not in my last year or looking to be sold just to clear matters thank you and going on loan to get games and cum back to arsenal
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 pm

It's the right thing to do. Unfortunately he's so far behind with having to come back from two injuries, that he'd probably have to go to a Championship team when he should be at a Prem team.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby tkmullan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:15 pm

I know a lot of people have their issues with how Frimpong acts, or how he conducts himself on twitter or whatever, but what I can say is that he does at least like a really honest, genuine kinda guy. Comes across as a bit of a nutter sometimes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. If he could add a bit of defensive maturity to his game, he's definitely the sort of player I could see being at the heart of our team for years to come.

It's a shame really though that he's had these massive setbacks with injuries because it's hard to say now whether he'll really ever achieve the potential that he promises. Hope he finds somewhere good to go on loan and can really get a good run of games to show us really what he can do.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to 26. Emmanuel Frimpong