Frimpong - I’m more than just a hard man

Postby Trina » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Emmanuel Frimpong insists there is much more to his game than simply being Arsenal’s resident hard man.

The 19-year-old has quickly acquired cult status among the Club’s supporters for his tough tackling, enthusiastic on-pitch approach and his infectious personality.

But Frimpong says that while he enjoys the physical nature of life in the Premier League, he also wants to show that his style is not one-dimensional.

"Sometimes I'll go on Twitter the day before a game to see what the fans are saying and people are suggesting I'll deal with any players they don't like - 'Frimpong will get him' and that kind of thing,” he told the Official Arsenal Magazine.

“They seem to have created a 'wanted' list of people for me to go for - I don't know what they think of me!

“I think I'm going to have to make a YouTube video to show the fans the other things that I am good at. But then again, I'm not exactly Lionel Messi!"

Frimpong has had his fair share of first-team football this season, and started matches against Manchester City and Olympiacos recently. But despite losing both games, the Ghanaian-born player was pleased with how they went.

“The City game was a great one from start to finish,” he said. “The boys did really well and I think I did decently too. We were on top of our game, Francis Coquelin and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain did really well and so did the back four. With a very young side, I thought we gave City a really good game.

“Olympiacos was a hard game in a very hostile atmosphere. It was a shame we lost, but I’ve learned that I can play in an environment like that. I’m just happy to be playing – it’s always a pleasure to be selected.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... a-hard-man
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Frimpong - I’m more than just a hard man

Postby Zenith » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:14 pm

I just love this guy, can't really say why but his winner attitude is just outstanding.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:18 pm

Gotta love Frimps!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard