Frimpong - I’ve got more self-belief now

Postby Trina » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:33 am

Emmanuel Frimpong’s first-team experiences have boosted the midfielder’s self-belief.

Earlier this year the 19-year-old admitted he didn’t feel ready for Premier League football but Arsène Wenger has put his faith in Frimpong and the midfielder has repaid him with a string of powerful performances.

Frimpong now has 11 first-team games under his belt and much more faith in his own ability.

“Around the time I made those comments I think I was just coming back from injury and I had doubts about my ability to do certain things on the pitch,” he told Arsenal Player.

“Since then I've been working hard on the training ground to get over that kind of thing and now I believe in myself a bit more.

“I've played against some top-class players this season and I feel like I've done well on the big stage. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to play against more top players like [Manchester City duo] Nigel de Jong and Owen Hargreaves in the future.”

Frimpong admits he is surprised by his progress in the past few months and he is hungry for further opportunities.

“I think considering where I was pre-season, I didn't expect to be where I am now,” he said. “But that's football.

“For every player to show what he can do he has to be given the opportunity on the pitch, and I've had my chance this year. I've played 11 games this season and I think I've done really well. Hopefully I'll get more games under my belt before the season ends.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... belief-now
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:58 am

I hope he gets more playing time this season.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Return to 26. Emmanuel Frimpong