January loan deal a possibility

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:56 am

http://news.arseblog.com/2011/11/frimpo ... ssibility/

Frimpong: January loan deal a possibility

Emmanuel Frimpong admits that he could go out on loan in January if regular first team minutes are not forthcoming by January.

The Ghanaian-born midfield enforcer has been a significant squad member this season, starting games in the Carling Cup, Premier League and Champions League. However, acknowledging that Alex Song, Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey are the current first choice midfield trio, and that Jack Wilshere is still to return from injury, the 19-year-old recognises a need to play in order to improve.

Speaking to the Arsenal official matchday programme ahead of yesterday’s Carling Cup tie with Manchester City, Frimpong noted:

“Obviously I had a decent start to the season but when players like Alex Song are back, along with Mikel Arteta and Aaron Ramsey, it’s normal that they’ll play because they’re more senior than I am.

“Aaron and Alex had to wait for their chances in the past and that’s what happens in football – you have to be patient and can’t expect to be thrown straight in. You need to keep learning and hope that, when your chance comes, everything goes well.

“At the moment it’s hard for me to get into the team, no doubt about that.

“When you aren’t playing, the obvious choice is to go out for a little while and try to get some game time. When January comes we’ll see – you never know how things will go, so we’ll look at it then.”

One quality Frimpong has made clear he won’t be changing, despite aiming to develop his game, is his tenacity in the centre of the park. Learning from his red card against Liverpool, the youngster stressed he still enjoys being the hard man.

“Mistime one or two [challenges] and you run the risk of getting sent off, so I’ve learned from that and know I need to work on making the right challenges at the right times. But I’m still improving.

“It’s important that when I do play, I bring that aggression to the side – Arsenal aren’t necessarily known for that, so I’m happy that when I play I can bring something a little bit different to what we do.”

That ‘aggression’ is exactly what Samir Nasri experienced last night on his return to the Emirates. From the outset the little money-grabbing turdlet found his path blocked by Frimpong and was so completely nullified that he attempted to leave the field of play as a sub despite his number not being shown.

Arseblog News keeps it’s collective fingers crossed that The Frimster can maintain his development and become a long-term member of Arsene Wenger’s plans.

So true.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Re: January loan deal a possibility

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:25 am

I love this guy's attitude towards the club and himself as a footballer .

A loan deal would be great for him cos we have enough cover there with Song and Coquelin .
But you never know , when the injuries come they come in bucket-loads as we saw with our RB
situation . So let the boss decide , its a dicey decision which can go either way .
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Futuo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Chelscum apparently interested in him !! :angry:
Futuo
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:28 am

No way Chelscum are getting him!

I like the way the article is written, cracked me up when Nasri thought (hoped) he was being subbed :lol:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby VCC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:49 am

I think it would be a big mistake to loan out frimpong or coq this season,they are developing nicely and will get further oppotunities this season.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:30 am

They are both developing really well, but I think they'll now be limited to the FA Cup and the odd sub appearance... and that'll just be for one of them, the other will have to be disappointed.

Le Coq's already had his loan, and it made him the player he is now. Makes sense to Frimpong out of the two.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Tweeted an hour ago:

RT @Frimpong26AFC: Long day here....Fresh start keep you updated:)

Is he suggesting he's off?
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:33 pm

As I just posted in the Cahill thread.

The new 'story' is the Chavs deal's fallen through and we're offering the same (£7m) OR a little less, plus Frimps to BWFC for Cahill.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:19 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:As I just posted in the Cahill thread.

The new 'story' is the Chavs deal's fallen through and we're offering the same (£7m) OR a little less, plus Frimps to BWFC for Cahill.

please god tell me this isn't true, cahill is over-rated and frimpong is so promising :(
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:51 pm

SSN reporting he's gone to Wolves until the end of the season.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Chrissiii » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:SSN reporting he's gone to Wolves until the end of the season.

Didn't they want to loan both Ping-pong and Coquelin? I'd like to see them loan Coq as well with the option to recall him if we get any injuries
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:30 pm

Chrissiii wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:SSN reporting he's gone to Wolves until the end of the season.

Didn't they want to loan both Ping-pong and Coquelin? I'd like to see them loan Coq as well with the option to recall him if we get any injuries

I wouldn't, we need one of the two to cover short term injuries/suspensions to Song! We also need le Coq as fifth choice right back behind Sagna, Jenkinson, Koscielny and Djourou!
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Chrissiii » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 pm

:lol:
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:25 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16369898.stm

Ghana-born Frimpong (right) has been at Arsenal since the age of nine
Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is set to join Wolves on loan until the end of the season.

Talks between the two Premier League clubs are ongoing and a deal is expected to be concluded by Monday.

The 19-year-old has made 14 appearances this season - starting three Premier League matches, three Carling Cup ties and three Champions League games.

He will bolster a Wolves midfield that has lost Jamie O'Hara for a month after undergoing surgery on a double hernia.

Wolves drew 1-1 at Arsenal on Tuesday and sit two points clear of the relegation zone in 17th.

The fifth-place Gunners appear well-stocked in midfield, with Jack Wilshere - who came through the club's youth system with Frimpong - and Abou Diaby working their way back to fitness.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Chrissiii » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:42 am

If he does go I hope he comes back just as good as Wilshere! :pray:

Hoping for too much?

I'd also like to see Coquelin loaned out, too. I know we might end up needing him incase of more injuries and that he has already been loaned out but that wasn't to a PL club, which could really help his development. We can always recall him if we need him
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Next

Return to 26. Emmanuel Frimpong