Arsenal 0 Manchester City 0

Postby Leody » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:59 pm

Refs got it wrong in your opinion.

I said it last night, I will be SHOCKED if the card is overturned.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Arsenal 0 Manchester City 0

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:07 pm

gzagee wrote:Fair play to citeh for sticking to their guns but, Yorky if we'd won 1-0 would you have felt you deserved something out of the game? It's academic i know but just wanted to know your thoughts.

It's a tough question really as we did enough to keep a clean sheet.

As much as I think you probably deserved to win the game (got everything right except put it in the net), I think we deserved a point? I know that doesn't answer the question but it's the best I got!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Jimmy Clarke » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:56 pm

I feel that result really hurt us. We badly needed a win at this point, especially at home. It's like everyone just wants to hand the title to Manure.....
Jimmy Clarke
Michael Thomas

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:33 am

Git wrote:You need to stop writing match reports GDU.

You're more of a curse than Cheese!

P: 10
W: 4
D: 2
L: 4
Postponed: 1 (I did have the gig until it was snowed out)

So it's all even stevens at this point, Win Draw Loss record at 4-2-4! ;)

Sam's record, meanwhile.........
P: 9
W: 7
D: 2
L: 0

7-2-0.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:51 am

Git wrote:You need to stop writing match reports GDU.

You're more of a curse than Cheese!

Maybe Cheese secretly still goes to games that we aren't aware of? We'll know if we lose our next away match... :shifty:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Artillero » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Chuck Felsea wrote:I feel that result really hurt us. We badly needed a win at this point, especially at home. It's like everyone just wants to hand the title to Manure.....

It's the opposite for me. I watched the match and I thought, for the first time in years: this guys are actually way better than ManUre. I actually think that from now on we are going to start a serious run.
Artillero
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby starmandb » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:One thing I do disagree with is how we didn't deserve anything out of the game. If you keep a clean sheet you deserve something! As much as Arsenal dominated they couldn't finish the job and Hart only really had 1 decent save to make whilst the others went straight to him or wide.

If we drew 1-1 I'd probably agree we didn't deserve a point.

keep a clean sheet by having nearly the hole team back desperately trying to get the ball and somehow not conceed. Ye were a disgrace to football last night you can't argue that.

How can we be a disgrace. We played to the rules and Arsenal didn't!

you were not a disgrace
how you set your team up is your business not ours
the disgrace was the referee failing to add the time on for legitimate stoppages let alone time wasting as long as that goes on it will remain a legitimate tactic to use.
our broken rule was punished sagna was sent off
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Artillero wrote:
Chuck Felsea wrote:I feel that result really hurt us. We badly needed a win at this point, especially at home. It's like everyone just wants to hand the title to Manure.....

It's the opposite for me. I watched the match and I thought, for the first time in years: this guys are actually way better than ManUre. I actually think that from now on we are going to start a serious run.

I agree.
It may have hurt us points-wise but psychologically it was a boost in a way.
Our players can watch that back and see that they were by far the better team and also that it was some of the best attacking football we've played this season in the first half.
They'll know that if they repeat that performance against Manure/other teams the goals will come.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 pm

starmandb wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:One thing I do disagree with is how we didn't deserve anything out of the game. If you keep a clean sheet you deserve something! As much as Arsenal dominated they couldn't finish the job and Hart only really had 1 decent save to make whilst the others went straight to him or wide.

If we drew 1-1 I'd probably agree we didn't deserve a point.

keep a clean sheet by having nearly the hole team back desperately trying to get the ball and somehow not conceed. Ye were a disgrace to football last night you can't argue that.

How can we be a disgrace. We played to the rules and Arsenal didn't!

you were not a disgrace
how you set your team up is your business not ours
the disgrace was the referee failing to add the time on for legitimate stoppages let alone time wasting as long as that goes on it will remain a legitimate tactic to use.
our broken rule was punished sagna was sent off

I deffo understand your points mate but this guy is trying to use Blackpool as an example of what we should of done... lol
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Inchpractice wrote:They'll know that if they repeat that performance against Manure/other teams the goals will come.

Definitely. It's not like you have come short against a poor defensive team. We have the best defence in the league as it stands and that's with other teams having to play 1 or 2 games to catch us up, which can only make there goals conceded worse.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Match Reports 10/11