Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/05/2011

Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 22/05/2011

Postby SE13 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Yet again, proof that Wenger has completely lost the plot, saved only by a late Walcott goal.

Sorry, but I say let's not give him the summer, nothing is going to change, we all know it - Players back from injury will be like a new signing, players coming through the ranks will be like a new signing blah blah blah, heard it all before.

If you can't grasp the simple concept of teams like Stoke hurling a long throw in and being unable to defend it within minutes of kick off for the umpteenth season running, then there's really no point. Getting basics like that wrong time after time after time ad nauseum just don't wash with me, he ain't going to change all the time he has a hole in his arse, so bid a fond farewell now, go into damage limitation next season as the clearout happens, and start all over again.

For everyone that knows me, and those that don't, silverware isn't the bee all and end all of why I support Arsenal, there's a lot more to it than that - But I'm sick of the current situation where even my two year old daughter can predict what's going to get thrown at the team, and yet Wenger simply can't see it. Change has to happen, and the sooner the better. It's been proven time after time that we can't keep trying to score the perfect goal, we can't pass the ball into the net.

Thanks for the memories Arsene, but please admit you've got it all wrong.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Bergkamp64 » Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Let's see what he does during the summer . If he doesn't bring in quality players ( like Parker ... I know I keep banging the Parker drum ) , and we start next season with the same lightweights ( Diaby , Bendtner , Almunia , Squillaci et al ) then I say Wenger will deserve all the flak that'll fly his way .
Bergkamp64
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Zedie » Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Sounded like boos to me.

There was no booing to speak of, i stayed behind for a while after the match. There was definately a few chorus's of "Spend some fuking money!" blaring from the away end, i know Wenger heard it!

TBF our lot drowned out the whole stadium up until the 2nd goal (for Fulham) then it went a bit quite. We had quite a few decent songs for a change, i defo prefer the away buzz, if only the home lot could be the same.

Take note, Miquel was spanking shots in against Lehmann during the warm up,the guy has a decent shot on him!

Theo was woeful, he scored 1 goal during the 15-20 minutes of warm up time and he was taking loads of shots. I really thought someone was going to get seriously hurt in the upper stands...

His goal on the other hand was pure class, that lifted us.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Zedie wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Sounded like boos to me.

There was no booing to speak of, i stayed behind for a while after the match. There was definately a few chorus's of "Spend some fuking money!" blaring from the away end, i know Wenger heard it!

TBF our lot drowned out the whole stadium up until the 2nd goal (for Fulham) then it went a bit quite. We had quite a few decent songs for a change, i defo prefer the away buzz, if only the home lot could be the same.

Take note, Miquel was spanking shots in against Lehmann during the warm up,the guy has a decent shot on him!

Theo was woeful, he scored 1 goal during the 15-20 minutes of warm up time and he was taking loads of shots. I really thought someone was going to get seriously hurt in the upper stands...

His goal on the other hand was pure class, that lifted us.

Great to know that they're working on shooting. Now if only we can get them to do more of it during a match......... :think:

Seriously though, Its great to know what they do during the warm-up. Never would have guessed that Miquel could shoot :arsesmile:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Zedie » Sun May 22, 2011 7:27 pm

He was quite impressive for a CB.

Nasri got the biggest cheer of them all, he had one shot, a rifle into the top right corner, it was unstoppable!!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunflash » Sun May 22, 2011 9:12 pm

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-tells-fans-We-can-t-buy-players-for-50million-That-is-a-fact-article739695.html

Wenger using the classic spin doctor argument, the straw man. Nobody is asking him to spend 50 million on a player. Man City got Kompany for £6m.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dejan » Sun May 22, 2011 9:49 pm

nasri was so horrible today. He gave the ball away about billion times more then shava does lol
what the f**k is wrong with him
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun May 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Gunflash wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsenal-boss-Arsene-Wenger-tells-fans-We-can-t-buy-players-for-50million-That-is-a-fact-article739695.html

Wenger using the classic spin doctor argument, the straw man. Nobody is asking him to spend 50 million on a player. Man City got Kompany for £6m.

I know, its not about buying one player for 50 million. It shows a lack of understanding too. The fans don't want an overpriced 50 million player, they want investment over the whole squad.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Please, no more reminders that Kompany only cost £6m. It hurts too much!

... have you ever seen a grown man cry?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Sun May 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Just 19 points from our last 14 matches....

What an absolutely pathetic end to the season. I know it's all been said before, but that's just embarrassing.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:59 pm

And there are absolutely no excuses this year, just mental frailty!

We've had ridiculous injuries issues over the last few years, and they are perfectly good excuses for being off the pace. But not this year. The whiney little f**ks gave in long ago.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ProudGooner » Sun May 22, 2011 11:10 pm

You guys need to watch this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13495031.stm

Its good that reporters are pressing him more for answers. This interview shows you exactly the problem with Wenger. When asked are you frustrated about not winning anything for a long time he started talking about 14 years in the CL blah blah.

I dont know what to make of it, on the one hand he looks devastated and really feels as if he has been let down by his players. Then on the other hand its the same old stubborness. He said to the reporter its not as bad as you make it out to be. That to me just shows how out of touch he is with reality that he thinks that the media are making this all up or exaggerating it.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Sun May 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Est83 wrote:And there are absolutely no excuses this year, just mental frailty!

We've had ridiculous injuries issues over the last few years, and they are perfectly good excuses for being off the pace. But not this year. The whiney little f**ks gave in long ago.

THIS.

We have had such shit luck with injuries over the past few years, but this year we cant complain as much, with the exception being Verms.

Imagine Manure not having Vidic for a whole season.
Look what happened to Cheslcum when they lost Terry.

AW loves to gamble too much with injured players and not providing adequate like for like replacements.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Sun May 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Chelsea sacked Ancellotti. He won the double for them last year. While I do not condone this kind of behaviour it really does show you how Arsene Wenger is just in a completely different situation to the rest of the managers. He must have the least threatened football managerial role in the history of football.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Bergkamp64 » Sun May 22, 2011 11:34 pm

I watched Wenger's post match interview with amusement and a degree of dismay . He was bound to be evasive but eluding to our 14 yr CL qualification as reason to be upbeat and suggesting that we haven't endured a relagation dogfight and the interviewer was pessimistic because it was his job to be was mystifying .
" Now's not the time to talk about that " .
Bergkamp64
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11