Chrissiii wrote:

:rofll: The dog made that video for me :lol:

lol @ the "f**k OFF AMY!" right at the end
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/08/2011

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I am NOT saying it would be negative for us. For Gods sake all I was saying that the game would not have played out the same way.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Debate all we like, but these decisions do and have gone for ManUre all season, and more so because they get decisions the other way around as a bonus on top, MOTD (albeit briefly) highlighted it last night.

If Auntie Beeb have enough time on their hands to find those, perhaps they could find more that we've all seen from all the top flight clubs, and finally expose some of the corruption fast creeping into our game.

It was the dream of The FA to "knock Liverpoo off their perch" and so it's become, but honestly, the stats are there for all to see, they've had a huge helping hand.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Chrissiii wrote:

:rofll: The dog made that video for me :lol:

lol @ the "f**k OFF AMY!" right at the end

Can someone make me a gif of this video, or show me how to make one (never made one before)?
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:I am NOT saying it would be negative for us. For Gods sake all I was saying that the game would not have played out the same way.

the way you describe it, you are saying it would be a negative
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby SE13 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:54 pm

BTW, I've started to hammer my BBC contact - He does carry some weight, he covered the entire BBC network for the last cricket World Cup, so he's well connected.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:58 pm

Gunner11 wrote:Can someone make me a gif of this video, or show me how to make one (never made one before)?

Well it wouldn't be the same without sound, so never mind
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 15, 2011 6:00 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I am NOT saying it would be negative for us. For Gods sake all I was saying that the game would not have played out the same way.

Did you actually read what I posted? I said different things could have happened if we'd missed or scored. I never once said it would be negative.

Its the butterfly effect. IF it had been given then the game likely wouldn't have looked anything like what we saw so the other decisions may not have happened. Too many people are saying that if they'd all been given we'd have won 3-2, I am merely saying you can't use all 3 examples. Yes they were dodgy but if any had been given other things likely would not have played out the way they did.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

Did you actually read what I posted? I said different things could have happened if we'd missed or scored. I never once said it would be negative.

Its the butterfly effect. IF it had been given then the game likely wouldn't have looked anything like what we saw so the other decisions may not have happened. Too many people are saying that if they'd all been given we'd have won 3-2, I am merely saying you can't use all 3 examples. Yes they were dodgy but if any had been given other things likely would not have played out the way they did.

but you cannot possibly deny that the referee wrongfully denied us many excellent opportunities to get back into the game
yes, by some freak of nature, these can work against you, but the vast vast VAST majority of the time, scoring a goal when you have all of the play shifts the momentum in your favour and makes it more likely that you'll score another
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun May 15, 2011 6:23 pm

well that was crap.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Right, I've put this on a different general football forum, if anyone has a spare moment or ten, can you add a comment. The owner is quite connected as well, so hopefully we can get a ball in motion, and try and expose some of the possible corruption, and the need for technology:

SE13 wrote:Well, I'm sorry to say that the whole season has been nothing short of a farce. ManUre get everything their own way, the stats prove that if technology had been used, they wouldn't have lifted the crown.

MOTD highlighted it (albeit briefly) last night, the published it (albeit briefly) on their website.

Sorry, but something simply has to be done, I've seen awful decisions for all teams this season, but it was almost as though it was planned for the season to pan out this way, and it really needs an investigation.

As some of you know, I do have connections at The BBC, and my main sport connection has promised that he will have a look, and at least try to highlight the need for technology rather than the "conspiracy" theory, so at least we have a start.

Congratulations to ManUre though, never say die and all that - Perhaps the others could learn that the game isn't over until the final whistle.

And at the foot, Wet Spam go, and what a scrap next weekend. Ought to be compelling viewing whoever you support.

Clickety I know it'll be Arsenal bias, but the point remains, and the more it's highlighted and branded around the web, hopefully someone will have to sit up and take notice. Thanks to those who follow the link and help.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun May 15, 2011 6:34 pm

Dare I say that player ratings are up
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Sun May 15, 2011 6:49 pm

on the result...
It's very disappointing because we were caught on a very bad start. After that we became stronger as the game went on and we were a bit unlucky on top of that. So we come out of the game very disappointed. We dropped three points today which could cost us the automatic qualification for the Champions League.

on a slow start to the game...
We were punished because we went into the game too tentative. We were not dominant enough in anything we did and we were on the back foot at the start. After that we battled to get back into the game but we were a bit unlucky. I feel we had a penalty, a goal that I have not seen cancelled often away from home. Overall of course we are frustrated and I am frustrated by the performance.

on the reason for their tentativeness...
We have been hit very hard by bad results and you could see that at the start of the game, we suffered a little bit. But we have to rise above that and overall you could see we were a bit nervous defensively. Once we were in the game we looked comfortable but it was too late.

on Squillaci and Vermaelen's partnership...
They are two players with experience so normally it should work. Vermaelen grew stronger and stronger as the game went on and they have not played since September so it is a lot to ask to be dominant like he was before. I believe we gave very cheap goals away today.

on his half-time substitution...
I was in a position where we had to take a gamble, we had to score two goals. Because they closed us down we had to play out from the back and we needed somebody - a midfielder - at the back.

on the prospect of finishing fourth…
It will be a big set-back but we will adapt our preparation in pre-season to it.

on the 'lap of appreciation'…
It was our job to thank the fans and you never have to be embarrassed when you do your job. It was not a tour of glory, of course. But I think, no matter what happens, you have to respect your fans for turning up for the whole season. It is not an ego trip, it is a respect trip for the fans.

on fans leaving the stadium beforehand…
You have to accept that and you have to thank those who are still in the stand. What is important is that this Club has values and respects those values. I feel fortunate that for 15 years we have played with full stands so when people are not happy they can show it. We are in a job where you have to please people and if they are not happy, we have to accept that.

on whether he feels pressure to spend money…
The fans want to win football games. They will not check how much money we spend, they want to win football games. When we don’t, they are not happy and that is completely normal. We will try to strengthen our team, of course, but the best way to keep our fans happy is to win the games.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... ws+Feed%29
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Leody » Sun May 15, 2011 11:24 pm

11pts from our last 10... 19 points dropped, and at least two excuses for each point...

I'm so sick of it all. Our run in really has become an absolute laughing stock.

At that point pace for a whole season we'd be fighting off relegation.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 am

wow people some serious reading there,sad our season has come to this and to here people starting to voice the AW out is suprising,i dont think he needs to leave i think they should clear his desk for him,he has gone as far as he can with his experiment,every team now is capable of taking points at the Emerites with this defense,I dont think he will attract great players actually think we will see the likes of Nasri Cesc leave,next season will be very tough fans are already upset over price hikes and the last thing needed is to finish fourth,and if two of our best players leave AW better re-learn the art of attracting the kinds of players that get fans excited at the prospect they bring but i wouldnt hold my breath AW p.o back to france and take your missreable french defense with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11