Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/08/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 15/08/2011

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:Win and we could have had 2nd, now it looks like 4th. In the end the table will say no progression at all.

It'll say we have gotten worse.

We have scored less goals than last season, conceded more goals than last season, and even if we win our last game, we will be 5 points worse off than last season.

Progress? What f***ing progress?

And in a shitter league overall than last season. And last season in itself was poor, as was the previous one. A small part of me is actually glad he won't be able to trot out the progress bollocks with any credibility, even if it means potentially coming 4th
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby SE13 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:24 pm

lastseeker wrote:I appreciate that we've had more than our fair share of downright shite refereeing this season (some of it bordering on corrupt) but at some point we have to look at ourselves. Our own failings are costing us games, whole months of the season at this point. These players seem to use perceived injustice to mask their lack of courage.

While this is true, you simply can't play against officials. If Arsenal are denied goals, penalties and red cards on such a frequency, what hope have we got.

That said, games should be dead and buried by the time these things happen, and they aren't, so the other person accountable is the man that tells them what to do, and the man that picks the team.

#WengerOut

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 15, 2011 5:24 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Lol potential 3 disallowed goals now? This is getting ridiculous.

tell me how Chamakh fouled anyone for his goal?
tell me how RVP fouled anyone when he set up Ramsey?
tell me how RVP was offside when the Aston Villa player played the ball to him?

Potential goals are not goals.

Look I am not saying the ref wasn't shit, he was dreadful, but you don't know what would have happened.

Ok look at it this way. Dunne gets a red and we get a peno. We could score and go onto win comfortably, or, we miss the penalty and start feeling sorry for ourselves.Villa get 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game and we cant break them down. We might not have been in the position for Chamakh to get whistled for a foul, or van Persie to be called for a foul either.
Anything could have happened, all I am saying is you just don't know.The game went the way it went and we lost. Its a mirror of our form lately. We need to get up and f***ing do something about it instead of looking for scapegoats.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Sun May 15, 2011 5:25 pm

Zedie wrote:
AvA wrote:what the fcuk skysports. they havnt even mentioned our potential 3 disallowed goals and villa getting away with 2 red cards

No one gives a shit apart from Arsenal mate, least of all Sky.

Merson hasnt even mentioned these decisions which is quite funny considering we put him on the map. Ok, he played for Villa as well, but at least he could give an even approach.

They managed to sweep the Hernandez cheap penalty moves under the carpet...

Sky do not care if Arsenal go 5 years winning trophy after trophy, or if West ham get relegated, or if another club is liquidated. They just want to get as many viewers for their coverage as possible. They couldnt really give two shits about our grivences with the official, yes he made some bad decisions, but a game is 90 minutes and in those 90 minutes it was the same old same old.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 15, 2011 5:30 pm

Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby JordanTheGunner » Sun May 15, 2011 5:31 pm

I usually moan about refereeing decisions, people often blurt it back in my face, but today took bad refereeing decisions to a whole new level.

Perfect penalty offence and red card for Dunne.
Rambo had the ball in 6 yard area from RVP but instead awards a free kick to Villa.
Chamakh has a goal wrongly disallowed.
Petrov makes a second reckless challenge and should of been awarded a red card.

There is us 3-2 and Villa with 9 men, you could understand if one of those decisions haven't been given but all four, that's beyond a joke!
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun May 15, 2011 5:31 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Lol potential 3 disallowed goals now? This is getting ridiculous.

Look I am not saying the ref wasn't shit, he was dreadful, but you don't know what would have happened.

Ok look at it this way. Dunne gets a red and we get a peno. We could score and go onto win comfortably, or, we miss the penalty and start feeling sorry for ourselves.Villa get 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game and we cant break them down. We might not have been in the position for Chamakh to get whistled for a foul, or van Persie to be called for a foul either.
Anything could have happened, all I am saying is you just don't know.The game went the way it went and we lost. Its a mirror of our form lately. We need to get up and f***ing do something about it instead of looking for scapegoats.

That doesn't make sense.
The pen is irrelevant. Villa had ten men behind the ball for the entire second half and we STILL managed to break them down by piling everyone into the box.
We broke them down and scored perfectly good goals which were ruled out.

Apart from the first 25 minutes we were the better team and this is the kind of game where Manure get the decisions and get the 3 points because Webb is on their payroll.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby lastseeker » Sun May 15, 2011 5:32 pm

SE13 wrote:
lastseeker wrote:I appreciate that we've had more than our fair share of downright shite refereeing this season (some of it bordering on corrupt) but at some point we have to look at ourselves. Our own failings are costing us games, whole months of the season at this point. These players seem to use perceived injustice to mask their lack of courage.

While this is true, you simply can't play against officials. If Arsenal are denied goals, penalties and red cards on such a frequency, what hope have we got.

That said, games should be dead and buried by the time these things happen, and they aren't, so the other person accountable is the man that tells them what to do, and the man that picks the team.

#WengerOut

Agree with all of that really. Has Wenger come out for his post game chat yet?

"We showed a lot of desire. We lacked a bit of sharpness. We will fight to the end for 3rd. Thomas is like a new signing"
lastseeker
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

potential goals? Two of them were in the back of the net
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

That doesn't make sense.
The pen is irrelevant. Villa had ten men behind the ball for the entire second half and we STILL managed to break them down by piling everyone into the box.

Apart from the first 25 minutes we were the better team and this is the kind of game where Manure get the decisions and get the 3 points because Webb is on their payroll.

Of course it makes sense. My point is the game would NOT have gone the exact same way and things would have played out differently, so you can't use all 3 examples. As I said we might have missed the penalty and then what?

I know decisions went against us BUT, its not a script so things would have been different. It might have been a completely different game so you can't say we would have won 3-2 IF Dunne had been sent off, and IF Chamakhs goal had been allowed, we MIGHT have missed the penalty and van Persie MIGHT not have scored late, and Chamakh MIGHT have never been in the position to be called for a push.

See people are looking at it as if the game would have played out the exact same way but we'd have had 2 more goals when in fact things don't work that way.

Ref hammered us but all I am saying is you never know what can happen is one thing goes a different way.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun May 15, 2011 5:42 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

That doesn't make sense.

Of course it makes sense. My point is the game would NOT have gone the exact same way and things would have played out differently, so you can't use all 3 examples. As I said we might have missed the penalty and then what?

I know decisions went against us BUT, its not a script so things would have been different. It might have been a completely different game so you can't say we would have won 3-2 IF Dunne had been sent off, and IF Chamakhs goal had been allowed, we MIGHT have missed the penalty and van Persie MIGHT not have scored late, and Chamakh MIGHT have never been in the position to be called for a push.

See people are looking at it as if the game would have played out the exact same way but we'd have had 2 more goals when in fact things don't work that way.

Ref hammered us but all I am saying is you never know what can happen is one thing goes a different way.

But like I said, the pen is irrelevant, it's debatable anyway.

I'm not saying we should've had a pen and if we had everything would've been different. What I'm saying is that even when we DIDN'T get a pen (which can be mentally damaging in itself) we still scored legitimate goals.
The game ended 2-1 but it should've been 3-2 and that has nothing to do with 'what if's' or buts it actually f***ing happened!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 15, 2011 5:43 pm

lol, been there man
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Chrissiii » Sun May 15, 2011 5:45 pm

:rofll: The dog made that video for me :lol:
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun May 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Thats fair enough. We didn't get any of the decisions and that was shit but we still could have won imo.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun May 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:

That doesn't make sense.

you are the only person I have ever seen describe getting a penalty and a red card for the opposition as a negative thing
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11