Stoke Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/05/11

Re: Stoke Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/05/11

Postby gzagee » Mon May 09, 2011 7:12 am

GunnGunn wrote:
gzagee wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
gzagee wrote:Both me and Chvster were saying recently JD has the touch of the Kolo's about him.
Believe it or not he needs someone to tell him where to go, what to do and when to do it. He cannot be depended upon to lead our defence because he's not intelligent enough a CB to do so.
Get him an organiser to play alongside and we'll see the best of JD.

So in the 31 out of 34 games this season where he was superb, and easily our best defender, unbeaten in 17 league games with him, and the seasons before that, who was organising him? It wasn't Kos, or anyone else in our defence.

I think saying he needs a leader next to him is massive bullshit, nothing about him strikes me like Kolo, at Djourou's peak this season he was easily the most vocal of our defenders.

He has just come back from an injury and came back into a team massively underperforming and one that has utterly capitulated, it doesn't surprise me he hasn't instantly regained the form from prior to his injury.

It ain't bullsh*t. It's the truth. Instead of using his brain to anticipate a situation you sometimes see him using his speed to react to things as was witnessed today. He's not a poor player, he's a very good CB but he needs to be guided.
He was our best CB this season but look at who he's playing with please before telling me i'm chatting bullsh*t (and that includes your mate Tonto the Clown).
In the seaons prior he had the likes of Campbell, Gallas, Senderos and others to tell him what to do.
Hes' not and never will be an organiser.
And coming back from a shoulder injury isn't an excuse to defend him with. So please stop rolling that one out every time he gets slated.

Fair enough, Vermy is back now, there is Mr Motivator, Mr talky talk man, job done right?

Like you said, we should see the best of Djourou with him back, so now we don't need another defender, right?

Is it? Is Vermaelen that guy? i don't know the answer to that. You obviously do. What I do know is we need another organiser in there. I'd like an established quality CB brought in.
But if you think TV can solve those problems then yeah, cool. Job's good. :thumbsup:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:40 pm

UFGN wrote:Ok i'll just ignore the maniacs who are still desperately trying to swing an angle where the man in charge of the entire club isnt to blame for another repeat helping of bullshit pie.

The latest one seems to be "yeah hes shit but he hasnt been shit for long enough"

We will be having the same convo this time next year, and the same people will still be saying "one more year, he still the best man for the blah blah blah"

Fair enough and we probably will be having this same conversation next year. I'm no doubt frustrated with how the season ended and I blame the management staff, but I don't think that firing Wenger is the only way to go about it. Believe it or not, this season was not as bad as people are making it to be. Sure we didn't win any silverware this year and sure our performances has been below par since the CC exit, but there were loads of positives to take away from this season too. No one can guarantee that Wenger would change things for the better next season. At the same time, no one can guarantee that a new manager would be the answer.

I also can't comment on season's past since I just recently started monitoring Arsenal games religiously (The last 3-4 seasons to be accurate. I was off and on the seasons before that), so you've probably watched more Arsenal games than I have.

I would like to know, however, who it is you'd want to replace Wenger since you're adamant that he's no longer the man for the job.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Est83 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:54 pm

You should maybe rephrase the question to: Who could come in and change things without spending a penny?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11