Stoke Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/05/11

Re: Stoke Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/05/11

Postby dubgooner » Sun May 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Both me and Chvster were saying recently JD has the touch of the Kolo's about him.
Believe it or not he needs someone to tell him where to go, what to do and when to do it. He cannot be depended upon to lead our defence because he's not intelligent enough a CB to do so.
Get him an organiser to play alongside and we'll see the best of JD.

And give him 80,000 pounds swell!
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GunnGunn » Sun May 08, 2011 10:59 pm

gzagee wrote:Both me and Chvster were saying recently JD has the touch of the Kolo's about him.
Believe it or not he needs someone to tell him where to go, what to do and when to do it. He cannot be depended upon to lead our defence because he's not intelligent enough a CB to do so.

So in the 31 out of 34 games this season where he was superb, and easily our best defender, unbeaten in 17 league games with him, and the seasons before that, who was organising him? It wasn't Kos, or anyone else in our defence.

I think saying he needs a leader next to him is massive bullshit, nothing about him strikes me like Kolo, at Djourou's peak this season he was easily the most vocal of our defenders.

He has just come back from an injury and came back into a team massively underperforming and one that has utterly capitulated, it doesn't surprise me he hasn't instantly regained the form from prior to his injury.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Est83 wrote:I'm talking about previous seasons.

It's only the last two seasons that our 4-3-3 has been the norm.

My bad.

I'm just gutted that we couldn't produce any silverware this season. Imo this team was more than capable of winning all four trophies this season. Something went wrong and at the moment I question the management of this club
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby dubgooner » Sun May 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Gunner11 wrote:

My bad.

I'm just gutted that we couldn't produce any silverware this season. Imo this team was more than capable of winning all four trophies this season. Something went wrong and at the moment I question the management of this club

How can you question Arsene Wenger.
Seriously!!!!!!

You said that the team was good enough to win all four comps.
His team, not yours, HIS! :dontknow:
Without that little voice in your head, you wouldn't be able to read this!
dubgooner
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 pm

dubgooner wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:

My bad.

Seriously!!!!!!

I don't only blame Wenger, but the entire management staff.

We managed to beat Barca, Chelsea, and United this season. We managed to outplay most of our opponents this season, but only to come up short in the end. We could have easily been miles away from everyone else in the league if it wasn't for our team failing to capitalize when United stumbled. Should have won the CC, Should have knocked Utd. out of the FA Cup, and probably should have qualified against Barca. I have no doubt in my mind that this was our season and we had the depth and players capable of doing it.

Why wouldn't I blame them. How can we go from beating United one week to conceeding 3 against Stoke a week later. Fatigue is no longer an excuse as we're already knocked out of all competitions. Inexperience is no longer an excuse as we have the funds to rectify that as well as the depth to cope with any mental stress that any of our younger players may have gained during the season. Injuries is no longer an excuse as there's the January transfer window for a reason

Imo, there's only one guy to point the fingers at.............
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby gzagee » Sun May 08, 2011 11:31 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
gzagee wrote:Both me and Chvster were saying recently JD has the touch of the Kolo's about him.

So in the 31 out of 34 games this season where he was superb, and easily our best defender, unbeaten in 17 league games with him, and the seasons before that, who was organising him? It wasn't Kos, or anyone else in our defence.

I think saying he needs a leader next to him is massive bullshit, nothing about him strikes me like Kolo, at Djourou's peak this season he was easily the most vocal of our defenders.

He has just come back from an injury and came back into a team massively underperforming and one that has utterly capitulated, it doesn't surprise me he hasn't instantly regained the form from prior to his injury.

It ain't bullsh*t. It's the truth. Instead of using his brain to anticipate a situation you sometimes see him using his speed to react to things as was witnessed today. He's not a poor player, he's a very good CB but he needs to be guided.
He was our best CB this season but look at who he's playing with please before telling me i'm chatting bullsh*t (and that includes your mate Tonto the Clown).
In the seaons prior he had the likes of Campbell, Gallas, Senderos and others to tell him what to do.
Hes' not and never will be an organiser.
And coming back from a shoulder injury isn't an excuse to defend him with. So please stop rolling that one out every time he gets slated.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Est83 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Gunner11 wrote:

My bad.

This team was certainly capable, the team in '08 were also the best team in the league. But as far as the other four seasons are concerned, we didn't have a team good enough.

For everyone to blame the way this season ended on Wenger is fair enough, we were all calling for a change in formation amongst other things, but that's just this season. The stadium move and lack of funds has had an effect, and it's dictated the kind of squad Wenger can build. Realistically we've only been good enough to lift a trophy twice in the last six years. On one occasion it seemed to be the injury to Eduardo and the effect it had on the team that brought our challenge to a hault, and on this occasion it's arguably the manager and his stubborness that's cost us.

But like I said, that's two seasons in the last six... and now people want Wenger gone.

Wenger's good enough, but he's a in a position that no other manager is in. Most of the best managers in the world would also flop in his position.

The last team that were good enough to win something were dismalnted the very next season (Flamini and Hleb were huge losses!), if this team can be kept together I reckon you'll see Wenger do what needs to be done to get this team lifting trophies next season.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Est83 wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:

My bad.

This team was certainly capable, the team in '08 were also the best team in the league. But as far as the other four seasons are concerned, we didn't have a team good enough.

For everyone to blame the way this season ended on Wenger is fair enough, we were all calling for a change in formation amongst other things, but that's just this season. The stadium move and lack of funds has had an effect, and it's dictated the kind of squad Wenger can build. Realistically we've only been good enough to lift a trophy twice in the last six years. On one occasion it seemed to be the injury to Eduardo and the effect it had on the team that brought our challenge to a hault, and on this occasion it's arguably the manager and his stubborness that's cost us.

But like I said, that's two seasons in the last six... and now people want Wenger gone.

Wenger's good enough, but he's a in a position that no other manager is in. Most of the best managers in the world would also flop in his position.

The last team that were good enough to win something were dismalnted the very next season (Flamini and Hleb were huge losses!), if this team can be kept together I reckon you'll see Wenger do what needs to be done to get this team lifting trophies next season.

Spot on.
I've voiced my opinion on whether Wenger should stay or go in the "Stay or Go" thread and even went as far as to say that I would allow him one more season because I hail what he's done for this club. However, the board and the management staff needs to sit together and take a long hard look at this season. We can't pretend that this season was down to bad luck and resume business as usual next season.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli

CrimsonGunner11

Postby StLGooner » Mon May 09, 2011 12:17 am

gzagee wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

It ain't bullsh*t. It's the truth. Instead of using his brain to anticipate a situation you sometimes see him using his speed to react to things as was witnessed today. He's not a poor player, he's a very good CB but he needs to be guided.
He was our best CB this season but look at who he's playing with please before telling me i'm chatting bullsh*t (and that includes your mate Tonto the Clown).
In the seaons prior he had the likes of Campbell, Gallas, Senderos and others to tell him what to do.
And coming back from a shoulder injury isn't an excuse to defend him with. So please stop rolling that one out every time he gets slated.

I agree gza, he still has a way to go to get to where he needs to be, and I'm not sure if he can learn better positioning and when to step up, and when not too, it can be taught to an extent, but alot of it is just natural instinct. Yes he's played good at times, but not as much as gunn likes to think, in alot of those games he didn't have much to do because of our possesion. At least thats how I remember his season going.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Mon May 09, 2011 12:45 am

Ok i'll just ignore the maniacs who are still desperately trying to swing an angle where the man in charge of the entire club isnt to blame for another repeat helping of bullshit pie.

The latest one seems to be "yeah hes shit but he hasnt been shit for long enough"

We will be having the same convo this time next year, and the same people will still be saying "one more year, he still the best man for the blah blah blah"
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon May 09, 2011 3:02 am

dubgooner wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:

My bad.

Seriously!!!!!!

That reasoning makes no sense. If this team was good enough to win 4 competitions, and didn't, who's fault is it? Gunner11 is 100% correct. It is all managements fault. Players play the games, but if they consistently f**k up or make stupid mistakes then it is up to the powers that be to make sure they stop doing them.

I am tired of having this debate as it got quite ugly a few weeks ago, but its the managers responsibility to prepare his players. It's really not that difficult a concept.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon May 09, 2011 3:22 am

mg86 wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:I lost count on how many times rvp got the ball, had to move to the right or the left to recieve it, took it wider and then we had no one in the middle for him to cross so he then had to pass it back to someone else. If was playing just behind a proper CF he would have more options. He looks isolated upfront to me. He has done incredibly well playing as a lone striker.

I watched the game and I was absolutely disgusted. All those pretty patterns and passes, we bossed posession and our defense had f**k all to do. The first time they are called into question they f**k it up. Doesnt that make u sick? We out possess every single team which means we have to defensively deal with the least amount of attacks and yet we are experts at screwing things up.

Djourou and Gibbs were responsible for the first goal. The second was a lucky deflection. The third was absolutely awful distribution in the box. 2 self inflicted goals.

I would say 3 self inflicted goals
awful pass from Ramsey... seriously, what the hell was he thinking? Then Djourou lets Pennant run way too far without closing him down and by the time he does decide to close it is far too late
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon May 09, 2011 3:26 am

dubgooner wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:

My bad.

Seriously!!!!!!

the players are good enough to win, but because of his stubborness, they didn't
putting the team together doesn't make you a great coach, it makes you a great scout
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Stoke Vs Arsenal | Premiership 08/05/11

Postby GunnGunn » Mon May 09, 2011 3:29 am

gzagee wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

Fair enough, Vermy is back now, there is Mr Motivator, Mr talky talk man, job done right?

Like you said, we should see the best of Djourou with him back, so now we don't need another defender, right?
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Mon May 09, 2011 4:10 am

GunnGunn wrote:
gzagee wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:

Fair enough, Vermy is back now, there is Mr Motivator, Mr talky talk man, job done right?

Like you said, we should see the best of Djourou with him back, so now we don't need another defender, right?

Yes we do need another one to cover for injury. Squish needs the sack, he is shit. We must have four cb's
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11