Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 01/05/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 01/05/2011

Postby mg86 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:13 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Agreed Dejan Chesney was solid all game and put out fires Almunia would not have. His kicking seems to have improved too and I was liking his time wasting, taste of their own medicine

Yea, he officially should be our number one as much as I hate to dismiss Fabianski after his poor luck getting injured.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Myrmedus » Sun May 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Yeah the time-wasting was good because it showed an ability to learn from mistakes, something which many of our players don't seem to do - he made the mistake of not wasting time against Liverpool but rectified that today.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby shamrock11 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Great win today guys just a shame we couldnt get three points from 2 of our last 3 games
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sun May 01, 2011 9:53 pm

shamrock11 wrote:Great win today guys just a shame we couldnt get three points from 2 of our last 3 games

When I was thinking- how the f*ck does that work? Lost to Bolton, drew to tons of teams and beat Man United??!
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun May 01, 2011 10:18 pm

Its because the pressure was off Gunner down under.Ii knew we would win today (and i am rarely optimistic) simply cos we didn't really have much to play for... Sigh...

Still, happy St Totteringhams day everyone! :-)
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Maxduke » Sun May 01, 2011 10:53 pm

Well done Arsenal! Love you right now.

I had a feeling you'd win, like GG said. If you was still in the title race you'd have lost but because they had no pressure they played like you know they can.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun May 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Maxduke wrote:Well done Arsenal! Love you right now.

I had a feeling you'd win, like GG said. If you was still in the title race you'd have lost but because they had no pressure they played like you know they can.

Yeah.. it's pretty sad really innit. Still that was quite a big monkey off our backs first time we've beaten them in a long long time.

Watching the highlights again Owen was clearly half a yard offside anyway so their crying can stop right now. That lino had a shocker
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ProudGooner » Mon May 02, 2011 12:04 am

When Eduardo "dived" vs Celtic there was a public outcry with all the media organisations for some inexplicable reason getting onto Eduardo's case. I never understood at the time why they made a big fuss out of it and neither do I understand it now.

What vidic did today was as blatant as it comes to cheating and conning the referee. There isnt even any shred of doubt in what he did. Its so anti-football, its so wrong, so unfair and goes against the spirit of any sport and is as pure an example of cheating as you would ever find.

Yet I dont see any where near the same level of outcry that followed an incident which was no where near as clear cut. Where is the witch hunt against Vidic?

This season I have lost count on how many times I have seen vidic get away from getting a red card.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Mon May 02, 2011 12:24 am

ProudGooner wrote:When Eduardo "dived" vs Celtic there was a public outcry with all the media organisations for some inexplicable reason getting onto Eduardo's case. I never understood at the time why they made a big fuss out of it and neither do I understand it now.

What vidic did today was as blatant as it comes to cheating and conning the referee. There isnt even any shred of doubt in what he did. Its so anti-football, its so wrong, so unfair and goes against the spirit of any sport and is as pure an example of cheating as you would ever find.

Yet I dont see any where near the same level of outcry that followed an incident which was no where near as clear cut. Where is the witch hunt against Vidic?

This season I have lost count on how many times I have seen vidic get away from getting a red card.

I raised this in another thread, think it was concerning Barca/Alves/Basquets play acting. What makes their actions even more poinant, is that their particular performances happened during a Champions League match, the same competition where Eduardo was hung out to dry like some criminal.

Its an absolute joke, but the whole world including the fabled UEFA 'disciplinary panel' seem cool with ignoring it and focusing on the other parts of Barca's performances.

Its an absolute joke...

Edit: Going back to the Vidic situation, you heard the line that the FA will tow directly from Fergies rancid mouth.

Because it was so hard to see, you cant blame the ref for missing it. However, appartently Owen's penalty claim was more valid because there was no doubt....

If a penalty is given, Vidic has to walk, if Vidic walks, he misses the next few games including the Chelsea match, if this happens, it reduces the chance of Manure picking up their 19th league title, meaning that the FA's media hyperbole will have to be parked.

Now Fergie and the FA couldnt have that could they?

Rant over.

For the time being.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Swan » Mon May 02, 2011 1:08 am

just finished the watching the game..

great game happy to have beaten those feckers (I really hate them)..

just like to say what a game from Arshavin.. he stood out the most for me i don't think i have ever seen the guy make so many great tackles
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Mon May 02, 2011 1:14 am

Swan wrote:just finished the watching the game..

great game happy to have beaten those feckers (I really hate them)..

just like to say what a game from Arshavin.. he stood out the most for me i don't think i have ever seen the guy make so many great tackles

Thats why i had to give him an 11 out of 10 in the ratings thread. The guy dropped some absolutley massive tackles today. One of them was a proper cruncher as well. I dont think anyone nailed as many sliding tackles on the park today as he did!

He made me proud today, even after the stick people, including myself, have given him. If he can transfer that level of energy over 90 mins week in week out, he'll go a long way to answer the critics.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Swan » Mon May 02, 2011 1:19 am

yeah seemed like something got him going today now if he could get that all the time..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby elkanofan » Mon May 02, 2011 1:31 am

ProudGooner wrote:When Eduardo "dived" vs Celtic there was a public outcry with all the media organisations for some inexplicable reason getting onto Eduardo's case. I never understood at the time why they made a big fuss out of it and neither do I understand it now.

The Eduardo vilification is the biggest joke i've seen in the last 5 years in football!

You have absolute disgraces such as Alves, Busquests, Crisitano, Rooney, and MANY MORE serial divers and cheats who dive, dive and dive more but people just say a few words and move on, no retrospective action or anyting.

Crisitano if i'm correct scored that free kick goal against in the champions league semi final (Almunia shit goalkeepeing, wall was awful). he DIVED to win that free kick, Van Persie tackled him fairly but he theatrically fell and conned the ref. Where was the suspension? WHERE IS THE f***ing CONSISTENCY?

Eduardo dives once and is vilified and roundly booed? Really? Why is Gerrard roundly booed, i mean do his dives not count then? that really pissed me off! Worst thing was that Eduardo had only 18 months ago had his leg snapped in half and you would understand him wanting to avoid tackles, it seems since he's an Arsenal player our officials don't have the brown envelopes which barca and United do to protect players!

It's getting to the stage where I'd be very surprised if referees were not bribed by the big teams!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Mon May 02, 2011 2:40 am

Looks like I missed a great game. Got a mate to text me updates at work though... not quite the same.

Can somone post the highlights as soon as please?

Readng about the game after, my first thoughts were:
RAMBO???
NO CESC???
NASRI OFF AT HALF TIME???
DJOUROU INJURED???
HOW THE F**K DID WE WIN!?!

That must surely fill everone with confidence. Yes this ManUre team are the worst in years but they're winning and they're top of the Prem. They came to the Emirates full of confidence whereas we had just thrown everything away after what's become our regular end of season implosion. This was a massive win.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Younggooner08 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:52 am

Well impressed
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext