Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 01/05/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 01/05/2011

Postby mg86 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:21 pm

S4cePL wrote:Cesc who? good result for the lads. i just hope AW doesnt revert to his old stubborn ways. we need to pick up a CB, CDM and maybe a CAM/CF this summer.

Before this season it was a completely different set of players I thought we needed.

Now looking at it, I can't really excuse buying a starting 11 keeper or cb seeing as we have Fabianski/Szczesny and then Djourou/Vermaelen/Koschielny available to start.

I no longer think personnel is the reason for much of our failures. That's more due to leadership and tactics.

One of our personnel weaknesses is with Diaby/Rosicky. We need a younger CAM with something to prove, rather than an aging squad member and one who makes you wonder if he is ever going to materialize.

Also, I would like to see a younger CB come in that can develop behind the more experienced four.

Other than that, we are not going to get what we want. Wenger will not buy a world class striker to aid RvP, or a world class CB better than Vermy or Djourou so there is no reason to hope or harp about it.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Sun May 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Hmmm, looking through this thread I haven't seen any crumbs of comfort from Gunflash thus far....
He usually comes on briefly to have his piece directly after the game.
Wonder where he's gone? :sneaky2:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Dejan » Sun May 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Any positives from my side:

-The commandings and calmness of Sczesny. During the match, I think with a throw in, I heard someone shouting so loud, and I wondered who it was. It was sczesny commanding the defenders!!! quality stuff :lol:

- Ramsey

- Wilshere once again. Its pretty funny, he's actually a lil brat. He was using bad language against a manc player. Good stuff, keep opening your mouth :clap:

- Song, Solid as a f***ing rock!

And oh yeah, Rvp shouldnt shoot a freekick ever again :dizzy:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun May 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Agreed Dejan Chesney was solid all game and put out fires Almunia would not have. His kicking seems to have improved too and I was liking his time wasting, taste of their own medicine
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby SE13 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:53 pm

:grin: :grin:

Lovely!

On the bright side for the Mancs, it's only a tube ride home.

C$KA Fulham beat them next week and it's really interesting...

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby SE13 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Aaron Ramsey, 1-0 - Not the greatest quality, but still enough to pull the p!sser over!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby GunnGunn » Sun May 01, 2011 7:00 pm

Ches is quality, unless we go for someone like Buffon or another top quality GK i don't see many other GK's, especially ones as young as him, who we could.

His kicking has improved, his distribution has improved, and he is a lot more vocal, seems to have an iron mentality, it was a situation like the Brum game that broke Fabianski, and if anything its made Chesney better.

I'd be happy for him to be made Number 1 next season with a 2 and 3 of Fabianski and Mannone with Almunia being shown the door.

Yes, he is young, but so was Valdes at Barca, Casillas at Real, Cech at Chelsea, Buffon at Parma and Juve, even Lehmann started at a very high level at Schalke when he was Ches's age, and in terms of ability, Ches is up there with these players at this age.

As for the rest of the team, defence = Awesome today, a proper unit, shame about Djourou, midfield = superb, Song especially was just a beast today, he had their entire midfield in his pocket, Wilshere and Rambo, no more needs saying.

Forward 3 was a little meh for me today, and Nasri's fatigue showed today, even with an engine as good as his, it was bound to run out of steam at some point.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun May 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Jay22 wrote:Song from FB:

If Nani wants to take this to the streets by all means lets go

Dance off
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun May 01, 2011 7:23 pm

I thought Walcott put in some great crosses and has been most of the season but as usual no one getting anywhere near them. It must be infuriating for him to constantly read how he can't cross then practice a lot like he clearly has done yet there's still no one to slot them in
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Goose » Sun May 01, 2011 7:23 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Ches is quality, unless we go for someone like Buffon or another top quality GK i don't see many other GK's, especially ones as young as him, who we could.

His kicking has improved, his distribution has improved, and he is a lot more vocal, seems to have an iron mentality, it was a situation like the Brum game that broke Fabianski, and if anything its made Chesney better.

I'd be happy for him to be made Number 1 next season with a 2 and 3 of Fabianski and Mannone with Almunia being shown the door.

Yes, he is young, but so was Valdes at Barca, Casillas at Real, Cech at Chelsea, Buffon at Parma and Juve, even Lehmann started at a very high level at Schalke when he was Ches's age, and in terms of ability, Ches is up there with these players at this age.

As for the rest of the team, defence = Awesome today, a proper unit, shame about Djourou, midfield = superb, Song especially was just a beast today, he had their entire midfield in his pocket, Wilshere and Rambo, no more needs saying.

Forward 3 was a little meh for me today, and Nasri's fatigue showed today, even with an engine as good as his, it was bound to run out of steam at some point.

I win!!

I said Ches for No1, when you said Mannone! Lol

For real though, Ches has this air of confidence around him, when Almunia is under pressure he always have a look of fear on his face and you know he is about to concede a goal any moment

Ramsey was great, he was dictating the midfield and telling the players what positions to take

Song was a beast, our defense really didnt have to do much, as for once our midfield dominated and defended
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun May 01, 2011 7:25 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby liam_cork » Sun May 01, 2011 7:32 pm

[quote="Dejan"]Any positives from my side:

-The commandings and calmness of Sczesny. During the match, I think with a throw in, I heard someone shouting so loud, and I wondered who it was. It was sczesny commanding the defenders!!! quality stuff :lol:

- Ramsey

- Wilshere once again. Its pretty funny, he's actually a lil brat. He was using bad language against a manc player. Good stuff, keep opening your mouth :clap:

- Song, Solid as a f***ing rock!

And oh yeah, Rvp shouldnt shoot a freekick ever again :dizzy:[/quote]

are you mad?
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Sun May 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Goose wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Ches is quality, unless we go for someone like Buffon or another top quality GK i don't see many other GK's, especially ones as young as him, who we could.

I win!!

I said Ches for No1, when you said Mannone! Lol

For real though, Ches has this air of confidence around him, when Almunia is under pressure he always have a look of fear on his face and you know he is about to concede a goal any moment

Ramsey was great, he was dictating the midfield and telling the players what positions to take

Song was a beast, our defense really didnt have to do much, as for once our midfield dominated and defended

The difference is mate, i knew Ches would be made Number 1, i still would want Mannone to be made Number 1, but i have warmed to Ches a lot, Mannone doesn't, and never really did stand a chance, and i think AW's treatment of him has been diabolical.

But thats not Ches's fault, he has grown and made that spot his own, the only thing that needs to happen now is for that Number 1 shirt to be printed with his name above it.

Or AW might just keep Almunia as Number 1...which i can see him doing btw.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Sun May 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Almunia is gone, he is fit and able to play and cant even make the bench, Denilson as well

2 weeks ago, AW said both of them were fit but would not be included in the squad vs Liverpool

They will be sold in the summer, or given away with a new home shirt.....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Myrmedus » Sun May 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Thank f**k.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11