Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 01/05/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 01/05/2011

Postby Gunner Down Under » Mon May 02, 2011 5:55 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Still, happy St Totteringhams day everyone! :-)

It is?!
:icon_party: :arse fan: :arse fan: :arsenal3:
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:03 am

Q: What’s the difference between Alex Ferguson and a jet engine?

A: A jet engine eventually stops whining!!

------------

To be really picky, it's another point until we can officially celebrate St Totteringham's Day, but they now can't finish with a higher points total - Champagne still on ice here.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 am

Gunner Down Under wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Still, happy St Totteringhams day everyone! :-)

It is?!
:icon_party: :arse fan: :arse fan: :arsenal3:

technically no
they can still finish on the same amount of points as us, but their goal difference is far worse than ours
so for all intents and purposes, it is St Totteringham's Day
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunflash » Mon May 02, 2011 9:37 am

I'm not sure where that win came from but I'll take it. :arse fan:
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Mon May 02, 2011 11:34 am

Zedie wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:When Eduardo "dived" vs Celtic there was a public outcry with all the media organisations for some inexplicable reason getting onto Eduardo's case. I never understood at the time why they made a big fuss out of it and neither do I understand it now.

What vidic did today was as blatant as it comes to cheating and conning the referee. There isnt even any shred of doubt in what he did. Its so anti-football, its so wrong, so unfair and goes against the spirit of any sport and is as pure an example of cheating as you would ever find.

Yet I dont see any where near the same level of outcry that followed an incident which was no where near as clear cut. Where is the witch hunt against Vidic?

This season I have lost count on how many times I have seen vidic get away from getting a red card.

I raised this in another thread, think it was concerning Barca/Alves/Basquets play acting. What makes their actions even more poinant, is that their particular performances happened during a Champions League match, the same competition where Eduardo was hung out to dry like some criminal.

Its an absolute joke, but the whole world including the fabled UEFA 'disciplinary panel' seem cool with ignoring it and focusing on the other parts of Barca's performances.

Its an absolute joke...

Edit: Going back to the Vidic situation, you heard the line that the FA will tow directly from Fergies rancid mouth.

Because it was so hard to see, you cant blame the ref for missing it. However, appartently Owen's penalty claim was more valid because there was no doubt....

If a penalty is given, Vidic has to walk, if Vidic walks, he misses the next few games including the Chelsea match, if this happens, it reduces the chance of Manure picking up their 19th league title, meaning that the FA's media hyperbole will have to be parked.

Now Fergie and the FA couldnt have that could they?

Rant over.

For the time being.

Thats the funny bit, Ive heard fergie and several other manu players and ex players say that yeah the vidic one was a penalty but the ref couldnt see it but the owen (offside anyway, I heard) one should have been given as the ref could clearly see it.

They are talking about it as if its injustice that the more seeable incident wasnt given as a penalty. Its a joke. Anyone that saw that game will clearly see manu by and large got the rub of the green. Only God knows how vidic was still on the pitch, he could easily have recieved a straight red for 2 incidents alone.

Rooney, after being booked, should have been booked for his fight with Song. Its standard practice, whenever there is a fight the ref books both players. Look at O hara v gardner incident, both players got a yellow. But cause its rooney there is a different rule for him, he needs to commit 3 bookable offenses before he gets 1yellow.

I dream of the day when we will no longer be talking about officiating bias and will be talking about why we lost because of the football we played.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Younggooner08 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:27 am

Ramsey is actually a God, he knew he was going to score. and schzissllemanizzle! 6'5 monster
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed May 04, 2011 8:41 am

Was away for the weekend but watched the whole thing on Sky + last night. Great game, especially the last ten minutes.
Very cool finish from Rambo. Funny cos he wasn't even having a great game but he got that one spot on. :clap:

So good to finally get revenge on those manc c****. It feels like years since we've beaten them. :banana:
Not only beat them but also dominate the game. I think Grannyshagger only touched the ball 3 times all game, and their new golden boy pea-head did f**k all as well.

Our defence was really solid and Koscielny was awesome imo.
Just a shame that I had to listen to the bullshit from Alan Smith all game. I've heard Spud commentators who hate us less than he does.
Hopefully that victory will restore some much needed belief into the team, even though there's not much of the season left.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC111158 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm

It was a good solid game from us,from the off makes you wonder really,we could've won 10-0 and Fergie would have something to gripe about,i'll take the 1-0 though just felt so good beating those Mancs at last!Sneezy was awesome and some solid defending helped they were outplayed but still the excuse was Man Ure were below par,makes you laugh,maybe they just didn't fancy it?
AFC111158
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby VCC » Wed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm

good game sad our season was already over,i wonder if the title race was still on would we have put in that performance i like to think so.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu May 05, 2011 9:38 am

ProudGooner wrote:I dream of the day when we will no longer be talking about officiating bias and will be talking about why we lost because of the football we played.

Erm....I know this is a new concept with Manure games but we won the game.....?

;)

Speaking of refs though, that one was certainly on the Manure payroll though. Did you see how many times he intercepted our passes?
Did it about five times in the same game! Never seen that before in my life!
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu May 05, 2011 10:29 am

He also blocked off one of our players when we were starting an attack Inch. It was a masterful display of defensive midfielding all round. He did all he could to disrupt play but sadly the ref just isn't a goal scorer and was failed by others in that area.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 am

Fabrestuta wrote:He also blocked off one of our players when we were starting an attack Inch. It was a masterful display of defensive midfielding all round. He did all he could to disrupt play but sadly the ref just isn't a goal scorer and was failed by others in that area.

I remember, the throughball to Theo wasn't it?

Get rid of Song, Chris Foy should be our new DM.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:He also blocked off one of our players when we were starting an attack Inch. It was a masterful display of defensive midfielding all round. He did all he could to disrupt play but sadly the ref just isn't a goal scorer and was failed by others in that area.

I remember, the throughball to Theo wasn't it?

Get rid of Song, Chris Foy should be our new DM.

not only Theo, did it to RVP too
also cut out one of Wilshere's passes

it's getting blatant now...
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11