Bolton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/04/11

Re: Bolton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/04/11

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:03 am

Chrissiii wrote:First of all, why is RVP taking free kicks!!?? He alwaaaaaaays skies them (from my memory anyway). I don't know who'd be much better than him at taking the free kicks but at least give someone else a chance to take one, that is shootable, not the ones they cross.

I remember when Van Persie was banging them in top corner from all over the park, I remember one against Wigan in Carling Cup Semi Final which was out of this world but since then he's scored only a couple and I can't think of one he's scored in the past 2 seasons, I saw Walcott take one a few weeks back and that produced a fine save from a keeper, but I can't remember the game. Something must be happening on the training ground, TV took one against Liverpool on the opening day when he was layed off maybe he could be our taker for next season, I dunno?
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 am

Kos is supposed to pretty good at free-kicks
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:34 am

shamrock11 wrote:Kos is supposed to pretty good at free-kicks

I'll have to see it to believe it... or were you having a laugh?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:08 pm

No really France manager said it was a big reason he brought him into the squad when he did,he said he is outstanding at taking FK's
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Everybody here knows (or should know) my once staunch position on us possibly still having a shot as long as it's mathematically possible and giving Wenger a break and giving him a little while longer... Not blaming him, etc etc.

But I said something at full time of this game and I'll say it again... Our season is over and I am definitely now a member of the "WENGER OUT" Brigade.

I'm sorry the guy IMO IS a "genius" and "A Professor" of the game... And I know it'd be a sickening moment the day it's confirmed but I honestly, whole-heartedly believe that we need to scrapheap what we've got and rebuild from the ground up, with a fresh start on the staff including our Manager...
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:23 pm

Jay22 wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:No really France manager said it was a big reason he brought him into the squad when he did,he said he is outstanding at taking FK's

He certainly can't do any worse than our current FK takers. Seriously, when was the last time we scored from a FK? :think:

I believe it was Nasri earlier this season.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 pm

No, RVP in the fa cup. thats the only free kick we've scored if i remember correctly
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 pm

My brother said during the game yesterday that he though RVP had scored from one earlier this year...

It was shot right into the wall, but they parted and it deflected in.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 pm

Jay22 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
shamrock11 wrote:No really France manager said it was a big reason he brought him into the squad when he did,he said he is outstanding at taking FK's

He certainly can't do any worse than our current FK takers. Seriously, when was the last time we scored from a FK? :think:

I believe it was Nasri earlier this season.

I vaguely remember that, but I think it was deflected, I maybe wrong though.

I know he curled one in, but it may have been the season before.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Forest » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:30 pm

SE13 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:The comments about Bendtner 'playing his own game' is the reason I want a proper old fashioned CB. The reason we were so good when we had Adams and co is that regardless of what went on before the game, when it was backs to the wall time they organised themselves. If we had someone on the pitch who could do that, then regardless of Wenger telling people to play the ball out from the back someone would be there screaming 'get rid' or 'mark him' and the like.

This.

The last few armbands have been dealt out in some sort of desperate attempt to keep players - It's got to stop. Arsenal need a natural leader, and for all the player he is, Cesc is not a leader. In fact, the armband has turned him into a complete moaner who questions everything. He clearly doesn't look happy any more, and with Ramsey coming back and Wilshere shining through, is he actually surplus to requirement now?

Agree with your point like Hels does but must bring up again that Gallas did the things PG talks about like shout and have a go at players yet he got called several names that i wont repeat.

Cant have it both ways, Imagine Adams would of been called in this day and age, its only because it happened years ago and we won pots that we forget all the other things.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:32 pm

RvP scored a deflected one vs Birmingham on new years day
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Forest » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Was all that begging and convincing you were doing other day ;)
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:55 pm

Forest wrote:Agree with your point like Hels does but must bring up again that Gallas did the things PG talks about like shout and have a go at players yet he got called several names that i wont repeat.

Cant have it both ways, Imagine Adams would of been called in this day and age, its only because it happened years ago and we won pots that we forget all the other things.

Gallas didn't organise and motivate, Gallas moaned, stropped and blamed others (Kolo) for his own failings! Adams, despite his off-field problems, had the respect of the squad - he'd earn't that as he grew up with the club and led by example they saw how hard he'd had to work to become the captain of Arsenal Football Club. He also didn't do it through the press, he did it face to face.

Gallas moaned, said things to the press behind people's backs, hadn't earned the captaincy, went missing when we needed him most and NEVER put in the kind of commanding performances in an Arsenal shirt that Adams did.

Adams spent half a season in prison and still contributed more in that season that Gallas did in his entire Arsenal career! End of discussion :snooty:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:02 pm

Please don't tell me your comparing Gallas to Adams. There is a difference, when Gallas rose his voice it was to have a go, Adams was consistently patting players on the back, Gallas was watching his own game, Adams had his game in one half and the teams in another.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Forest » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:08 pm

So Gallas didnt encourgae Mannone and pat him on the back? okay.

Yeah Gallas did his bit of moaning but no different than Wenger, they both see what thay can do in training yet comes to the game and they dont show it.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11