Bolton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/04/11

Re: Bolton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 24/04/11

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Well that was crap wasn't it? Spineless. You can bet in the era of Adams and Vieria and co things would have been different.

Our manager has no plan B, Our captain wants to be elsewhere, teams know how to play against us and it just seems to me the players don't want it enough. Perhaps we deserved a draw but certainly not a win and where would a draw have got us anyway? Its over for this season and vcery soon i will be joining the 'Wenger out' camp if he doesn't change things - and i never thought i would be saying that. I'll give him one more season..
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby mg86 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:26 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Chamakh has dropped off the boil massively, something has definitely gone on behind the scenes.

Cham was completely off the ball today his touches were terrible and his passing was attrocious.

Would sell him to the nearest team willing to pay around what we paid. I'm dead serious. Start Bendy and RvP or bring in another striker, but I simply can't be bothered with Chamakh simply because he doesn't offer enough alone, just feeds off the good play of others. I firmly believe it was an absolute slap in the face by Wenger to bring in Chamakh over Bendy, after the heart and performances he gave us last campaign when RvP was out. I'll reiterate that anything Chamakh did this first half of the season, Bendy could have done, if not better.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mel4 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:31 pm

mg86 wrote:
mel4 wrote:
mg86 wrote:
mel4 wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:Szczesny was brilliant on a positive note.............

Honestly, he is the only lad deserving to be in an Arsenal team at the moment in my book.

Or maybe the PFA Young player of the Year, or the best striker in the league RvP? Seriously what are you on about?

"In my book" or is that so difficult for you to understand? So what Jack wins Young Player of the year and has opportunities, not just in this game to shoot at goal, he like many others will make that extra lame pass. If that is deserving to you it is not to me at this moment. Rooney has won Player of the year but in my book I wouldn't want him as an Arsenal Player.

..in all of this, IN MY BOOK is the keyword.

Anyone with the top strike rate in the league, is flat out the best striker in the league, and you're saying this isn't important to our team? In my book that is absolutely flawed logic.

.. and allow me to wallow in my flawed logic. Thanks. I repeat, Sczeczney is the only worthy player in today's game in my book.

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby JordanTheGunner » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:39 pm

mg86 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Chamakh has dropped off the boil massively, something has definitely gone on behind the scenes.

Cham was completely off the ball today his touches were terrible and his passing was attrocious.

Would sell him to the nearest team willing to pay around what we paid. I'm dead serious. Start Bendy and RvP or bring in another striker, but I simply can't be bothered with Chamakh simply because he doesn't offer enough alone, just feeds off the good play of others. I firmly believe it was an absolute slap in the face by Wenger to bring in Chamakh over Bendy, after the heart and performances he gave us last campaign when RvP was out. I'll reiterate that anything Chamakh did this first half of the season, Bendy could have done, if not better.

Bendtner is worse in my opinion I'd play Theo, the problem is with bringing someone in is that firstly you can bet that Wenger won't bring in a 30 million pound man and if he does you would have to drop either Fab, Jack, Song, Theo, Nas or RVP Unless you play 3-5-2 which Wenger will never do.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby mg86 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:41 pm

mel4 wrote:
mg86 wrote:
mel4 wrote:
mg86 wrote:
mel4 wrote:
Gunner11 wrote:Szczesny was brilliant on a positive note.............

Honestly, he is the only lad deserving to be in an Arsenal team at the moment in my book.

Or maybe the PFA Young player of the Year, or the best striker in the league RvP? Seriously what are you on about?

"In my book" or is that so difficult for you to understand? So what Jack wins Young Player of the year and has opportunities, not just in this game to shoot at goal, he like many others will make that extra lame pass. If that is deserving to you it is not to me at this moment. Rooney has won Player of the year but in my book I wouldn't want him as an Arsenal Player.

..in all of this, IN MY BOOK is the keyword.

Anyone with the top strike rate in the league, is flat out the best striker in the league, and you're saying this isn't important to our team? In my book that is absolutely flawed logic.

.. and allow me to wallow in my flawed logic. Thanks. I repeat, Sczeczney is the only worthy player in today's game in my book.

So now you're judging who's deserving to be at Arsenal FC after one game? Even more crazy talk. When you said at the moment, I even assumed you were looking at more than one game.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Well that was crap wasn't it? Spineless. You can bet in the era of Adams and Vieria and co things would have been different.

Our manager has no plan B, Our captain wants to be elsewhere, teams know how to play against us and it just seems to me the players don't want it enough. Perhaps we deserved a draw but certainly not a win and where would a draw have got us anyway? Its over for this season and vcery soon i will be joining the 'Wenger out' camp if he doesn't change things - and i never thought i would be saying that. I'll give him one more season..

Today was the day I flipped...

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:50 pm

SE13 wrote:Something I've said time and again, you can't employ the same tactics against every team in front of you. It's no secret that Stoke will launch a big throw in, and a tall player will be on the other end of it. Have lessons been learned?

Bolton will hit you with set pieces and park the bus. Have lessons been learned?

Form goes out of the window in a local derby, and the opposition will be up for it even if they're five behind. Have lessons been learned?

Go one behind and persist with the tip-tap around the box. Have lessons been learned?

Put teams to the sword and win games. Have lessons been learned?

Yeah, I find it frustrating, yes I appreciate that Arsenal have managed to screw everything up in the short space of a few weeks, and yes I agree that something needs to change.

Lessons have to be learned, and the constant problems addressed.

Hereby you see SE13 jump ship, and I'm afraid Wenger either has to change his approach (and he won't, it's been proven) or he goes.

As it goes, I don't give a stuff about silverware, it's a bonus, but perhaps the supporters of my era look differently. But to sit and watch this season on top of others where it's all there for the taking, and the above points still haven't been addressed.

Seconded. I will be content if he stays and content if he goes, but if he stays I hope he at least tries to rectify some of the above issues.

He has done loads for us and probably had at one point our most talented ever team but we must remember that we were hardly nobodies before he came. In the decade before he came we won 2 league titles, 2 league cups, an FA Cup, A Cup Winners Cup and reached another final. Not to mention that the European ban meant that we missed out on making richer history back then, who knows what we would have done in the European Cup and how much stronger our early to mid 90's team would have been if we were allowed our 2 years (at least) in the Euro cup.

To be honest Wenger's trophy record in 15 years is not that much more impressive than our haul in the 10 years before it. It is more impressive for sure, especially when he has an invincible season and a team which dropped the world's jaws in his favour but the arsenal of 87 - 94 teams also knew how to win trophies and their destiny was compromised by the ban in a way Wengers' never were.

I am not diminishing Wenger's legacy, I love the guy and he is our best manager since Chapman but if he goes it is ok, I will be just as hopeful for our future than I would be if he stays.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:52 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:
mg86 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:

Bendtner is worse in my opinion I'd play Theo, the problem is with bringing someone in is that firstly you can bet that Wenger won't bring in a 30 million pound man and if he does you would have to drop either Fab, Jack, Song, Theo, Nas or RVP Unless you play 3-5-2 which Wenger will never do.

Bendtner is constantly thrown out on the right wing. He ain't scoring too many goals over there trying to put the ball into an area where he should be. The guy is good, but to be in two places at the same time?

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby JordanTheGunner » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:56 pm

SE13 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
mg86 wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:

Bendtner is constantly thrown out on the right wing. He ain't scoring too many goals over there trying to put the ball into an area where he should be. The guy is good, but to be in two places at the same time?

Fair point but you'll often find Bendtner drifting onto the wings when he does play upfront, personally I don't rate him, he doesn't look right with the ball, he's not an Arsenal player he's very good in the air though, shame we haven't got players that have blinding deliveries so he doesn't really fit in with our current tactics.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 pm

Player ratings up
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:29 pm

The comments about Bendtner 'playing his own game' is the reason I want a proper old fashioned CB. The reason we were so good when we had Adams and co is that regardless of what went on before the game, when it was backs to the wall time they organised themselves. If we had someone on the pitch who could do that, then regardless of Wenger telling people to play the ball out from the back someone would be there screaming 'get rid' or 'mark him' and the like.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Chrissiii » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:59 am

Sigh....
I'm going to go off on a bit of a "rant" here, but before I do I want to respond to the people who questioned me over leaving Fabby out of my formation in one of the first pages of this thread. I left him out because lately he's been making a few mistakes and is always trying to go for a Xavi/Iniesta pass, in which there is nothing wrong with that but he tries it too many times, where instead he could maybe shoot or retain possession and wait for a better option. I put Nasri in his place because when Fabby was out he played great there, even better than Fab, and I don't see why Wenger doesn't still play him there instead of on the wing.
Anyway, now that I've addressed that I will begin my mini "rant" over the game and Wenger. (I'm sure you will all disagree with me about what I'm going to say about Wenger, but we'll wait and see)

I'm just gonna rant about a few things I noticed and think would help Arsenal improve.

First of all, why is RVP taking free kicks!!?? He alwaaaaaaays skies them (from my memory anyway). I don't know who'd be much better than him at taking the free kicks but at least give someone else a chance to take one, that is shootable, not the ones they cross.

Secondly, why are they crossing the ball so much!!?? Blimey! There's never anyone in the box to get to them, and when there is, which is hardly ever, they miss because their not good headerers! If they insist on crossing it then put someone like Bendy, Chamakh or even bloody Diaby in there to get to the end of them! Walcott, Arshavin and RVP aren't gonna get to 'em!

Thirdly, why isn't Nasri getting played in the middle anymore? I know I addressed this up there but I'm going to go more into it here. Well, I think I am, but it might come off as a bit silly or something, I don't know. Let's begin, eh? Yeah, that'd be nice, mate. Okdoky. JUST START ALREADY! Ok, ok, keep your hat on. Anyway, when Nasri played down the middle he looked more comfortable than he does on the wing, I think. When he's on the wing it looks like he just wants to get in the middle, and when he does I feel he plays a lot better. Whereas when he's playing on the wing he looks like he doesn't know what to do, sort of, and plays worse because of it. Anyone feel the same?

And last, but bloody hell not least, elkanofan's sig. "WHAT!?" you may be asking but just hear me out for a minute. Well, not "hear", more like "see". Oh just get on with it! Well, in elkanofan's sig you have a bunch of Arsenal players taunting Ruud, which I don't know what for but it intrigues me. I mean, their not afraid of voicing their opinions or speaking up by the looks of it, and don't look like they'll take any crap from anyone, which I can't see anyone of our current players doing that, except Szczesny for some reason. I think everyone knows that's what we're lacking by now, a bit of leadership, someone who's not afraid to speak up! I don't think anyone of our players would call a player, let's say torres, out for a dive. Just look at the Liverpool match. No one had any words for Lucas (from what I remember). They just held their heads in disappointment and if the match had of carried on, they'd of probably gave up, whereas if it were those players who were giving Ruud grief they'd of probably carried on fighting!

Anyway, I've finished my rant about that now. Time to move on the Wenger! Wooooo!

I see pretty much everyone on here is calling for Wenger out, but I don't agree with that, and here's why, after the break! Doo da doo doo! Only kidding! Not about wanting to keep Wenger but about the break thingy. Yeah, just get on with it before I hit ya! Ok!
One of the main reasons I don't want Wenger out is because of his loyalty. Sure, that doesn't make up for no titles but it must count for something, right? right? RIGHT? I mean he could of bailed out on us years ago, I'm sure a lot of club would of loved to have him so he wouldn't of had that much trouble finding a new club, but no! He stuck with us through all the bad times, even though he's got/getting a load of grief from literally everyone. He's done a lot for this club, saving it from going into debt, I believe, and still being able to "challenge" for the title. Even though he isn't winning anything at the moment I don't think he deserves to just be booted out. Sure, you might be all thinking "he's had enough time to bring in the trophys, and he hasn't - time to get rid!" but with the players he's developed, when they become more mature, they may become the best team in the world. Would it be worth the wait? Maybe. At least it'd save the club from going into debt. Probably the most important factor into wanting him out is because of his stubbornness, which I agree, is quite annoying but can relate to, having played football manager ;) In all serious though, he needs to quit being so stubborn. Maybe the people higher up could try and make him try new tactics? I don't know, maybe they have, but all I know is I'd like to see Arsenal keep him on, and with our support, and us backing up the team and keeping faith, which I know is hard with Arsenal these days, they could very well win something next year!
Also, if they do sack Wenger, we could be one of those teams that sack every manager that doesn't meet expectations in the first couple of months, like City, Liverpool and Chelsea, just to name a few. And if we do come to that it could hurt the players performances even more than when missing out on a championship, title majigy. Sorry if this sounds a bit...mumbled, I'm extreeeeeeeemely tired, so yeah. Rant over!

If you read all this then first of all thanks, as I appreciate you taking the time to read all this, and finally I would like to know your opinions on mine. And yeah, sorry if it was a bit of a mess but I'm really tired and am about to go to sleep, so if you do respond to this, it might take me a while to reply.

Good night, God bless. Well more like good morning God bless at this time :arse fan:

:arsenal3:
Chrissiii
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby SE13 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:12 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:The comments about Bendtner 'playing his own game' is the reason I want a proper old fashioned CB. The reason we were so good when we had Adams and co is that regardless of what went on before the game, when it was backs to the wall time they organised themselves. If we had someone on the pitch who could do that, then regardless of Wenger telling people to play the ball out from the back someone would be there screaming 'get rid' or 'mark him' and the like.

This.

The last few armbands have been dealt out in some sort of desperate attempt to keep players - It's got to stop. Arsenal need a natural leader, and for all the player he is, Cesc is not a leader. In fact, the armband has turned him into a complete moaner who questions everything. He clearly doesn't look happy any more, and with Ramsey coming back and Wilshere shining through, is he actually surplus to requirement now?

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:27 am

SE13 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:The comments about Bendtner 'playing his own game' is the reason I want a proper old fashioned CB. The reason we were so good when we had Adams and co is that regardless of what went on before the game, when it was backs to the wall time they organised themselves. If we had someone on the pitch who could do that, then regardless of Wenger telling people to play the ball out from the back someone would be there screaming 'get rid' or 'mark him' and the like.

This.

The last few armbands have been dealt out in some sort of desperate attempt to keep players - It's got to stop. Arsenal need a natural leader, and for all the player he is, Cesc is not a leader. In fact, the armband has turned him into a complete moaner who questions everything. He clearly doesn't look happy any more, and with Ramsey coming back and Wilshere shining through, is he actually surplus to requirement now?

I think he is the most important player in the team, the statistics show that we play much better with him in the team
having said that, he is not playing as well as he was, and we rely on him to always be at his best, even though he clearly doesn't want to be here anymore
with that in mind, we should move him on... not technically "surplus to requirements", but Cesc is just going to pine for Farca more and more and we should move him on (and hopefully get 40 milion + for him) before it ends in tears
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gooner Girl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:40 am

SE13 wrote:

This.

Totally agree with both points Chris, lately with TH14 and Cesc, the armband has not gone to someone with leadership skills but to persuade a player that doesn't actually want to be at our club to stay another season. Its wrong.

Whilst fabregas is a good player we have a lot of quality in centre mid and i for one won't be that upset to see him go this summer, especially as we will get tons of money for him (though whether Wenger will spend it is another issue altogether....)
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11