Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 17/04/2011

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Premiership 17/04/2011

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:43 pm

Van The Man Persie wrote:Referee didnt make our team foul the opposition player

Dunno which end you were at. But Lucas barged into Eboue as he was trying to round him to get the ball; he didn't even make a challenge... And if you feel I'm wrong, there's a vid here which shows it CLEAR AS DAY. Watch it.

Your bollocks "Realistic" attitude is really starting to grate my nerves now mate. Go support another club if you're that "Frustrated".
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:47 pm

Its always the referee's fault.

Lucas was clever but Eboue was stupid.

The problem is we panicked as we always do. There is only one team on this planet capable of drawing a game when 1-0 up in the 98th minute.

The reality is we are mentally weak and choke at every occassion. After seeing this over and over again if you are not convinced of this fact then you never will be. We had maybe 1 minute to defend but we panicked. Look at the defending after we scored.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:50 pm

ProudGooner wrote:Its always the referee's fault.

The problem is we panicked as we always do. There is only one team on this planet capable of drawing a game when 1-0 up in the 98th minute.

The reality is we are mentally weak and choke at every occassion. After seeing this over and over again if you are not convinced of this fact then you never will be. We had maybe 1 minute to defend but we panicked. Look at the defending after we scored.

How the hell can you say Eboue was stupid? He didn't "Move into" Lucas, "challenge Lucas" or w/e you wanna call it.

He was trying to go around him; Lucas pushed into him & went to ground...

What about that, don't you get? 0_o
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:51 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:

How the hell can you say Eboue was stupid? He didn't "Move into" Lucas, "challenge Lucas" or w/e you wanna call it.

He was trying to go around him; Lucas pushed into him & went to ground...

What about that, don't you get? 0_o

I'll answer your question, with a question... if you'll allow.

How many times does this team have to show you they're not capable of winning, before you'll believe they're not good enough?
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Leody wrote:I'll answer your question, with a question... if you'll allow.

How many times does this team have to show you they're not capable of winning, before you'll believe they're not good enough?

Where in this particular "Discussion" are we debating on whether or not the team's good enough? I've not once doubted it...

Watched the game for a full 102 minutes in my seat and we should have / could have won the game 3-1 as per my prediction in the prediction's thread... We didn't, we squandered it.

That game should have been over by HT, it wasn't... We f***ked it up.

Not once have I opposed that fact, which is what it is... A fact.

My point is, once again... A referee's (wrong) decision, has cost us something we still could have won, even with our bullshit play. And people wonder why so many of us Arsenal fans rag on ref's... FOUR Minutes, into the initial EIGHT Minute injury time?

Liverpool took their Kick-Off goal attempt after we scored and Chez hung on. Ref SHOULD have blown then.

Free-Kick (allegedly Wenger was informed by 4th official the game would be over once it was taken despite the result of the Free-Kick) -- Ref SHOULD have blown then.

And back to the point on topic of my "argument" -- Eboue DID NOT make a challenge. If anything at all, whatsoever; that call SHOULD have been a Free-Kick to us, for the foul on Emmanuel Eboue, by Lucas Pezzini Leiva.

Through all our faults and cock-ups in this game, which we might've taken easier had we been a better side; Eboue did not cost us, the Pen. It was a very nice, strategic tactic by the Liverpool MF; which paid off, for them.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mossy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:58 pm

Read some quote from ferdinand the other day where he said he couldnt sit in a dressing room with players who dont mind not winning..........most of our team today just didnt give a f**k...dont tell me thats knee jerk....thats a fact. on top of that can anyone explain how walcott is replaced on the wing by a centre forward????? and a defensive midfielder comes on for an atttacking one??????...bewildering!!!!!
mossy
Patrick Vieira

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:00 pm

mossy wrote:Read some quote from ferdinand the other day where he said he couldnt sit in a dressing room with players who dont mind not winning..........most of our team today just didnt give a f**k...dont tell me thats knee jerk....thats a fact. on top of that can anyone explain how walcott is replaced on the wing by a centre forward????? and a defensive midfielder comes on for an atttacking one??????...bewildering!!!!!

Um... When you've gone around the dressing room with your survey clip-board and asked every single player whether they "gave a f**k" and each one answered no... THEN, you can say it's fact.

Until then, yes... It is "Kneejerk".
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mossy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:09 pm

no survey needed...not lookin for an agument...we're all on same boat..but unless our players match the desire of the obviously less talented utd players we will win nothing...yes the refs hav robbed us at vital times this year but we hav also put ourselves in the same position in games week in week out and i put that down to lack of desire of a lot of our players or maybe im mixin up desire with heart....if we only had ten other wilsheres....
mossy
Patrick Vieira

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:22 pm

mossy wrote:no survey needed...not lookin for an agument...we're all on same boat..but unless our players match the desire of the obviously less talented utd players we will win nothing...yes the refs hav robbed us at vital times this year but we hav also put ourselves in the same position in games week in week out and i put that down to lack of desire of a lot of our players or maybe im mixin up desire with heart....if we only had ten other wilsheres....

Good post, spot on!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Van The Man Persie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 pm

This

Also when it comes to TRA, its always the referees fault. DOnt think hes ever seen Arsenal lose or draw without it being the refs fault. :lol:
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:40 pm

lol
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunflash » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:52 pm

I haven't seen the Liverpool penalty incident but from what I read it was a moment of madness and since it's Eboue, I'm not surprised. And what the hell were Arsenal doing allowing themselves to be forced right back after scoring. Have they learnt nothing from their games with Liverpool at Anfield in 2008 and 2009? Or perhaps I should just shorten that sentence to 'have they learnt nothing?' The bit in bold is spot on. Arsenal seem to be racking up a lot of these, what with throwing away 4-0 leads and now drawing despite taking the lead in the 98th minute. The thing is, I wasn't surprised. When I checked the update and saw 'PENALTY TO LIVERPOOL' I wasn't angry or shocked because I know full well that Arsenal were likely to be defending in a kamikaze fashion after taking the lead.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Van The Man Persie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:11 am

Just looking at that Liverpool side that finished the game.

How did we not win that?

2 shite full backs, 2 average CBs, Spearing, Shelvey, Lucas in midfield. Only decent players were Kuyt, Suarez and Reina.

Shocking from us not to come away with the points
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:11 am

i take it back, completely not eboue's fault
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:11 am

Van The Man Persie wrote:Just looking at that Liverpool side that finished the game.

How did we not win that?

2 shite full backs, 2 average CBs, Spearing, Shelvey, Lucas in midfield. Only decent players were Kuyt, Suarez and Reina.

Shocking from us not to come away with the points

and Suarez had a shocker too
by far the worst game I've ever seen him play, and that includes the one where he bit someone
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11