Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 02/04/11

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 02/04/11

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 am

There isn't a plan B, and our plan A has become predictable and easy to beat by the the right tactics, been saying it for over a season now.

The fact is is that our current formation only favours a few players in the team, when those players are out we don't change things, for example, when Walcott etc was out we were playing Bendtner out wide...WHY?

For games when we played both Chamakh and Bendtner one target man was crossing to another target man, i bet we were a right laughing stock for doing that.

Begs the question as to why we have to resort to playing a striker on the wing when Eboue has proven he can do a great job on the right side, because he certainly isn't a RB anymore.

You don't have to be a tactical genius to see whats wrong with the team and what needs doing, the whole World can see it, Aliens can see it, blind, deaf, celibate monks on some far off planet can f***ing see it...

AW's biggest flaw is that he is stubborn, and unwilling to try things on the fly, when we have our backs against the wall in a game, that is his biggest failing. It makes me laugh that he brings on Bendtner to play on the wing when bringing on Eboue would be the logical choice that any other manager would do, it annoys me also because when Bendtner doesn't score 80000 backflipped overhead kicks from the wing people have a go...

AW needs to realise that against teams like Blackburn you can't play the same way as other teams, you need power to beat these teams, we should have played 2 up top and flooded the box with players, then we would have seen results, why go for the norm of the tippy tappy shit when its so obvious now that teams can counter it? Play RvP on the left wing, Walcott on the right and stick two very good 6ft 4 target men up top and lets see if teams can deal with that, i doubt they could.

But no, we will never change it because its not in AW's makeup anymore, note anymore. AW has changed as much as the team has, he will not see us win a trophy for anything less/more than the way we play now, it was admirable at first, but now its just a foolhardy attempt to prove everybody wrong and its damaging the team.

The thing i don't get is that AW bases our system on the Ajax/Dutch teams of old...WHY? That system is never going to be replicated, even Barcelona don't/can't do it as effectively, so why do we try to? Why does AW try to replicate these dead tactics that were a complete and utter one off when he himself came to England and invented a style of football that this League and indeed the World had not seen before and that lots teams have aspired to since?

He came to England and showed the World that you can mix the pace, power and grit of the English game with stunning football and he abandoned it.

Some people blame the players, i don't agree with this when they can't even be bothered to cheer for 90 minutes, i blame AW however, it must be incredibly difficult to get motivated when he sits there for 10 minutes in silence and then probably whispers to go out and do the business, but still while giving complete respect/your arse in the second half...Oh yeah lets go :tumbleweed:

Those players wouldn't know what f***ing hit em if i was managing the team, i would turn all of them into burning monsters. But there might be a few deaths involved to get the point across but i would get the motivated, its not bloody hard to get a team pumping so why doesn't AW do it?

The only time he ever gave the players the hair dryer treatmeant was arguably one of the best Arsenal comebacks ever, 1-0 down to Liverpool, backs to the wall, came out in the second half and gave a performance worthy of Champions.

Anyway i am rambling on now but you all get my point, its been covered to death.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:13 am

Arshavin was voted MOTM, says it all really.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Goose wrote:Why is our away form better than our home form?

Is the away support better?

Are the team less scared to fail?

Do the home team in our away match have the need to attack more?

Chelsea salvaged a draw against Stoke yesterday after going a goal behind, but yet I am sure a lot of people on this thread would prefer to have half of the players in their squad over ours, yet still they are behind us.....

Utd wont win all their games, it can still go either way, but it will be tough

I asked the same question earlier this season:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18133

Back then I saw it was a problem and nearly everyone else outside Arsenal saw it as a problem. Although we are 2nd, which is no mean feat, we do appear to be strangled by weight of expectation at home.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:36 pm

chamack has got to start more games imo he hasn't got any kind of a chance lately
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Popey » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Forest wrote:Arshavin was voted MOTM, says it all really.

he was good from what I saw...

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Dejan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:11 pm

fuk me GG u sure love to type
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Libertine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Dreadful game and an awful performance.
It was hard work watching it!

Bit suprised by the amount of booing at the end but people have paid their money and are entitled to their opinion.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:30 pm

I don't like the booing, but I understand the frustration.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:34 pm

GunnGunn wrote:AW needs to realise that against teams like Blackburn you can't play the same way as other teams, you need power to beat these teams, we should have played 2 up top and flooded the box with players, then we would have seen results, why go for the norm of the tippy tappy shit when its so obvious now that teams can counter it? Play RvP on the left wing, Walcott on the right and stick two very good 6ft 4 target men up top and lets see if teams can deal with that, i doubt they could.

But no, we will never change it because its not in AW's makeup anymore, note anymore. AW has changed as much as the team has, he will not see us win a trophy for anything less/more than the way we play now, it was admirable at first, but now its just a foolhardy attempt to prove everybody wrong and its damaging the team.

Wow, we agree twice in a day! That's not happened since like when- 2009!
Coincidentally about time when I started a thread about RvP not being a spearhead.
This is quite incredible.
I feel so lucky I will play the lottery!
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:40 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I don't like the booing, but I understand the frustration.

So do i, but fans have a bit of a cheek to put more effort into booing than cheering the team throughout.

When we were dominating in the first 10 minutes there wasn't any noise, why? When we were looking most likely to score, where was the noise?

Were the team looking gutless then?

Fair enough, they pay their money to go there, i choose not to because i doubt i will ever be able to set foot in that gutless bowl again.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I don't like the booing, but I understand the frustration.

So do i, but fans have a bit of a cheek to put more effort into booing than cheering the team throughout.

When we were dominating in the first 10 minutes there wasn't any noise, why? When we were looking most likely to score, where was the noise?

Were the team looking gutless then?

Fair enough, they pay their money to go there, i choose not to because i doubt i will ever be able to set foot in that gutless bowl again.

I know. I watched the end of the Blackpool game yesterday, and they were losing 3 nil, and they showed a whole section of their support standing up and singing, even at 3 nil down, but they were just happy to be there. I guess its just that big club mentality.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:49 pm

You say big club mentality but we wern't even a goal down mate!

We were drawing against a team that always gives us trouble, we needed the 12th man, we needed the team to know we were behind them 110%.

Instead they got a massive boo at the end for their troubles.

Least we know why our away form has been so good...The players can't stand some of the muggy "fans" who tend to go the Ems nowadays.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:50 pm

GunnGunn wrote:When we were dominating in the first 10 minutes there wasn't any noise, why? When we were looking most likely to score, where was the noise?

I thought the atmosphere was ok to start with? :dontknow:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Van The Man Persie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Didnt we score something like 18 goals past them in the last 4 games at our ground?
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Libertine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Van The Man Persie wrote:Didnt we score something like 18 goals past them in the last 4 games at our ground?

We normally stick a few past fatty Robinson.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11