Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 02/04/11

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 02/04/11

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Libertine wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:When we were dominating in the first 10 minutes there wasn't any noise, why? When we were looking most likely to score, where was the noise?

I thought the atmosphere was ok to start with? :dontknow:

Atmosphere and Arsenal are not two words i associate with each other nowadays.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:57 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Libertine wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:When we were dominating in the first 10 minutes there wasn't any noise, why? When we were looking most likely to score, where was the noise?

I thought the atmosphere was ok to start with? :dontknow:

Atmosphere and Arsenal are not two words i associate with each other nowadays.

I'm not saying it was deafening GG but i didn't think the noise level was bad to start with.
You were saying there was no noise at the start but that wasn't what it seemed like to me.
It seemed to drop off as the 1st half went on.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:00 pm

It should be deafening though, fans should not need a reason to cheer the team and if you do you are clearly supporing the wrong team in the wrong sport.

Its makes you wonder what the point of moving to the Emirates was? Was it so we could fit more fans in? Compete with the big boys?

I feel a thread coming on...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 pm

All big teams have the same problems, and if they don't, they will soon. As your club gets more popular, you get more and more fans. Unfortunately, some of those fans are just glory hunters, that don't know what it means to support a football club, they don't know what passion means, and they usually are only use to that team winning, so when they don't win, they don't know how to act cause they're not use to it. Some of our fans only go to games because its probably the "in" thing to do now, not because they the love the day out supporting their club and hanging with mates. Thats what its really about, the result shouldn't matter as much, but being loud, singing, and backing your club through thick and thin is lost with some of these new supporters. And like I said that will happen to any club when it enjoys success like we had the past couple of decades.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Libertine » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 pm

GunnGunn wrote:It should be deafening though.

But when is it ever?
I was just responding to you saying that the atmosphere was dead from the start because it wasn't like that.
Or, at least, it certainly didn't seem like that to me from where i was sitting.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11