West Brom Vs Arsenal | Premiership 19/03/2011

Re: West Brom Vs Arsenal | Premiership 19/03/2011

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:47 am

Leody wrote:GG, I really think it's greatness by comparison with Fabianski and Ches. When you look at what they've done this year after what we've had to deal with the last 2-3 years they look much better than they really are.

Don't get me wrong, they've been good. But they're nowhere near the level of a Cech, Buffon (in his prime), VDS, Casillas... you get the idea. They're not the type of keeper that's going to win you the title, lead you to glory in Europe and command the defense... yet. They could be one day, but right now they're average keepers for the EPL, maybe slightly more.

I feel a bit more positive about Flappy & Sneezy myself.
I agree that after our other keepers it wouldn't be hard for Sneezy to look good but I felt totally comfortable with him there.
He looked really solid between the sticks imo and his confidence is literally unshakeable.
Yes he made that mistake in the CC but I wouldn't judge his abilities based on that because a) It was partly Koscielny's fault and b) Petr Cech and Ivanovic made the same mistake a couple of weeks before that which proves it can happen to absolutely anyone.

When you think that it's his first season in the Prem and that's his only mistake I'd say that was pretty impressive.
No they aren't near the level of Cech, Buffon etc. but you wouldn't expect them to be at that age.
Having said that next season I wouldn't complain too much if we didn't buy a GK believe or not! As long as the order is 1 - Sneezy 2 - Flappy 3 - Almunia.

I genuinely think Sneezy is good enough to win us a pot.

GunnGunn wrote:You have to ask yourself what if Fabianski hadn't gotten injured...Would we now have a trophy? Would we still be in the FA Cup? Would we be second in the table?

We will never know, all i know is how f***ing unlucky does a team have to be in order to lose both its first choice keepers and both its first choice CB's?

Its a joke.

Yeah I agree.
Why are all our injuries always concentrated in one part of the pitch ffs?
It's either 4 strikers injured or 3 GKs or 3 DMs.

:BangHead:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 am

Fabrestuta wrote:I have to agree with senor muffin top (as leody should be called...but thats just me).

:grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:I have to agree with senor muffin top (as leody should be called...but thats just me).

dead ringer for a guy in my team
Leody, are you sure you're not Australian?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:44 pm

SE13 wrote:Almunia howler

That genuinely is one of those "what the f**k is he doing?" moments.
There was no danger until he left his line.

As i said in the other thread, i half expected the camera to pan out and show that Lehmann was on the pitch and chasing after him!

f***ing Almunia! :BangHead:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gzagee » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 pm

Libertine wrote:
SE13 wrote:Almunia howler

That genuinely is one of those "what the f**k is he doing?" moments.
There was no danger until he left his line.

As i said in the other thread, i half expected the camera to pan out and show that Lehmann was on the pitch and chasing after him!

f***ing Almunia! :BangHead:

That's the maddest I've ever seen you on here. :lol: :hiding:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Libertine » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:58 pm

gzagee wrote:That's the maddest I've ever seen you on here. :lol: :hiding:

The man is a walking f**k up!
As i said earlier, he should've gone after that Man Utd game and that was 2005!

I thought i'd seen it all after he headed that goal in against Man City last year!
But, no, his inability knows no boundaries! He keeps inventing new ways to f**k up!

He's shit, he's always been shit and, unbelievably, he's getting shitter! :BangHead:
Last edited by Libertine on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Van The Man Persie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:00 pm

To blame him for the Man City goal is a bit harsh seeing as it hit the post and then him on the head and went in.

Still shit though and must go
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:10 pm

where's starman? :O
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Leody wrote:GG, I really think it's greatness by comparison with Fabianski and Ches. When you look at what they've done this year after what we've had to deal with the last 2-3 years they look much better than they really are.

Don't get me wrong, they've been good. But they're nowhere near the level of a Cech, Buffon (in his prime), VDS, Casillas... you get the idea. They're not the type of keeper that's going to win you the title, lead you to glory in Europe and command the defense... yet. They could be one day, but right now they're average keepers for the EPL, maybe slightly more.

I feel a bit more positive about Flappy & Sneezy myself.
I agree that after our other keepers it wouldn't be hard for Sneezy to look good but I felt totally comfortable with him there.
He looked really solid between the sticks imo and his confidence is literally unshakeable.
Yes he made that mistake in the CC but I wouldn't judge his abilities based on that because a) It was partly Koscielny's fault and b) Petr Cech and Ivanovic made the same mistake a couple of weeks before that which proves it can happen to absolutely anyone.

When you think that it's his first season in the Prem and that's his only mistake I'd say that was pretty impressive.
No they aren't near the level of Cech, Buffon etc. but you wouldn't expect them to be at that age.
Having said that next season I wouldn't complain too much if we didn't buy a GK believe or not! As long as the order is 1 - Sneezy 2 - Flappy 3 - Almunia.

I genuinely think Sneezy is good enough to win us a pot.

Inch, I would agree and I'm not really getting down on Chez... I'm just saying he's not the worldclass keeper (right now) that a club like Arsenal should have. He certainly could be someday though. He's the best shot stopper I've seen in and Arsenal shirt in a long time, he has a very good aggressive nature about him and comes out at the right times. Could use a little work on marshaling his defenders and commanding his area though, and he's not the leader of men that a keeper needs to be... right now.

What I am saying though. Is he's still a work in progress and I don't want to be waiting around for a work in progress. We pretend to be a top club, it's time we get a goalkeeper that already belongs at a top club. It drives me absolutely batty that we've profited from player transfers of over the last half a decade and had we just spent all those profits on a keeper to break even... we could have any keeper in the world that we wanted. Where would we be then?
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby S4cePL » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:01 pm

did not watch the match as I had an epic hangover after a stellar bday weekend but for fucks suck

ALMUNIA GTFO!

en d of.
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

This gets my vote!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ProudGooner » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:16 pm

everything is bull shit i have lost all interest in even debating, discussing or arguing over things. f**k it
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:51 pm

YES!!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Libertine » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:56 pm