Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 12/03/2011

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | FA Cup 12/03/2011

Postby gzagee » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Forest wrote:People keep saying we had 5 CBs last season but fail to remember we played practically every game up til Jan/Feb with Gallas and TV, no one else got a look in hence Campbell being signed and made 3rd choice because of the quality of the other 2/3.

At least we could call on the likes of Campbell and Tweety who both had played in this league, even though Tweety had lost it.
Senderos was also there before Everton loaned him.

Forest wrote:Didnt say he was good enough to start etc but odd game here and there would do him good.

Hmm, but you suggested Miquel should be integrated next season. I think he should be loaned out.

Forest wrote:Didnt say he would be stupid but someone would of had to of gone in the summer.

Would make no odds to me if it were Squillie.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Forest » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:46 pm

gzagee wrote:
Forest wrote:People keep saying we had 5 CBs last season but fail to remember we played practically every game up til Jan/Feb with Gallas and TV, no one else got a look in hence Campbell being signed and made 3rd choice because of the quality of the other 2/3.

At least we could call on the likes of Campbell and Tweety who both had played in this league, even though Tweety had lost it.

Forest wrote:Didnt say he was good enough to start etc but odd game here and there would do him good.

Hmm, but you suggested Miquel should be integrated next season. I think he should be loaned out.

Forest wrote:Didnt say he would be stupid but someone would of had to of gone in the summer.

So your willing to say Tweety was a good back up but Squidy isnt? lets trade with Werder then.
Senderos played about 2 CC games.
Intergrated as in reserve and odd CC game or FA cup then yeah, another season with us then a loan.
I said someone and you named Squidy, what if we sold TV or JD? not bothered still as we had signed Williamson/Dann/Huth who have EPL exp right?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Jay22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Popey who is that girl in your sig? She's very cute.

Dido, she's a Gooner, too. :arse flag.gif:

exactly :arsesmile:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:51 pm

kossy can become a good CB. he showed some potential. but squil is horrible!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm

Forest wrote:
gzagee wrote:

So your willing to say Tweety was a good back up but Squidy isnt? lets trade with Werder then.
Intergrated as in reserve and odd CC game or FA cup then yeah, another season with us then a loan.
I said someone and you named Squidy, what if we sold TV or JD? not bothered still as we had signed Williamson/Dann/Huth who have EPL exp right?

Okay Tweety was shite, I agree. But Senderos was there to be called upon, even if he didn't play ( I've always maintained letting Senderos go and bringing is Squillie mystified me).

Yes, i said Squillie leaving wouldn't make any odds to me cos it wouldn't. Why would we let go of TV or JD?
And as I remember it Samba, Jags, Cahill were talked about during the January window. Dunno where you got Williamson, Dann or Huth (or were there rumours about them too?)?
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Forest » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:06 pm

gzagee wrote:
Forest wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Okay Tweety was shite, I agree. But Senderos was there to be called upon, even if he didn't play ( I've always maintained letting Senderos go and bringing is Squillie mystified me).

Yes, i said Squillie leaving wouldn't make any odds to me cos it wouldn't. Why would we let go of TV or JD?
And as I remember it Samba, Jags, Cahill were talked about during the January window. Dunno where you got Williamson, Dann or Huth (or were there rumours about them too?)?

Your assuming it would be Squidy why not the other 2? you said a CB with EPL so i named some that have as you didnt seem to mind who it was apart from having EPL experience :dontknow:
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gzagee » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:13 pm

Forest wrote:
gzagee wrote:
Forest wrote:
gzagee wrote:

Your assuming it would be Squidy why not the other 2? you said a CB with EPL so i named some that have as you didnt seem to mind who it was apart from having EPL experience :dontknow:

Errm, why would i say the other- forget it. Can't see where that discussion's gonna get us.

In the case of CB's with EPL experience I was talking about those we were linked with. And at the time I was banging on about getting Samba for the money he would've cost us. I even started a rumour thread about it. Would've thought that was obvious. Obviously not, lol.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Popey wrote:
Jay22 wrote:

You reckon they play dido songs on the team bus?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Samba would of cost alot of money.

I agree end of convo.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Jay22 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Popey wrote:
Jay22 wrote:

Nope, pretty sure they play Enya.

Surley it would be easier getting Dido?
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Forest wrote:Samba would of cost alot of money.

I agree end of convo.

And he's crap!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Jay22 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Popey wrote:
Jay22 wrote:

the way we droping off games now we need some death metal played :rofll:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:52 pm

shon wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
Popey wrote:
Jay22 wrote:

the way we droping off games now we need some death metal played :rofll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Motivational Music no brainer really OH TO BE A GOONER.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby mg86 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:58 am

Haven't said a word about the game yet, but think its time.

Chamakh looked essentially useless in front of goal and cannot start for us.

RvP looked our only threat on goal and was working hard, did good for us in my opinion.

Arshavin tried, tried again later, and then just got frustrated, starting pouting, and you could see it, and I can't be bothered with that behavior.

Wilshere worked his butt off and I thought he looked great out there, what a star for the future.

Nasri looked threatening and hard working, but wasn't exactly a key factor this game.

Diaby looked very good early on, I thought his play was tight and composed. As the game went on, his defensive frailties hurt us a little and he disappeared from the game.

Denilson didn't really do much of anything positive or negative, but was mostly useless because of this, A Song was missed.

As for the backs, Kos had an awful game, he was directly responsible for the first goal lazily not minding his area and hustling to follow up the deflection. Gibbs got turned several times as well. Other than that, our high line once again destroyed us on the counter against United.

This game was a severe confidence blow, I don't need to guess it, I know it. The team subsequently has been knocked out of the Carling, CL and FA in a short matter of time. Finding the mental strength to bounce back from that is going to be very hard, regardless of the team something like this happens to.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11