Arsenal vs Sunderland | Premiership 05/03/11

Re: Arsenal vs Sunderland | Premiership 05/03/11

Postby Trina » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 pm

I've only seen the highlights not the full game. But to me it looked like one of those games where that damn ball just wouldn't go into the net! Hit everything aside from that!

Their GK was very good I thought too, had to make a fair few saves. Then there is the bar/post, the decisions. Was just one of those games. From what I saw I dont think we played badly. Don't know why anyone is slagging Bendy off either, saw it in the last game on here too. I think if he scored 5 goals in 1 game some people still wouldn't be happy with him. Ches had a really good game too, some good saves there too which I think is really good for him. Confidence booster.

They need to put it behind them and focus on Barca now though. Massive game in only 3 days time.
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Van The Man Persie wrote:We were awful. Having been at the game, i can confirm that Diaby and Bendtner are 2 of the worst players in living history.

Chamakh should have started. We looked far more dangerous when he was on. Nasri has hit a blip at the wrong time especially with RVP dead and Cesc out.

Also someone needs to tell Wilshere that he is allowed to be more creative. The amount of times he had the ball in the final third only to pass sideways was annoying especially when Chamakh was on and he was playing on the shoulder of the centre backs waiting for a ball to be put through something Cesc would have done. It may seem harsh to compare Cesc with Wilshere but Wilshere was in Cescs position today.

You were there?
Were you watching or texting your mates?

Bendtner set up Arshavin's "offside" goal and forced a wondersave from their 'keeper.
Nasri hit a blip? He looked himself to me - nice dribble all the way into the box more than once.
Wilshere more creative? His over the top passes and crosses were absolutely stunning today, Cesc would've been proud of those.

:dizzy:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Van The Man Persie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:35 pm

I can only say what i see.

Plus i dont get reception for whatever reason in the stadium
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Van The Man Persie wrote:We were awful. Having been at the game, i can confirm that Diaby and Bendtner are 2 of the worst players in living history.

You must of been playing PES 2011 or something? Bendtner bad? he was of our of better players today, forced a wonder save from the keeper, made decent runs and setup Arshaivin with a great pass for the phantom offside goal.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:04 am

Van The Man Persie wrote:We play one up front. Bendtner was that man today. Fact hes rarely in the box and always dropping deep or going out wide was a major problem as we regularly had no one in the box.

That has been a complaint at arsenal for God knows how long. Since 2006 that has been an issue, even when Ade had that great season you often saw him wide left and cutting in. That isn't really Bendtner specific, all players seem to do that in our system. RVP is a bit better at getting in there but we often saw him out right and supporting/interchanging with Walcott or Nasri. The idea for us is to score goals despite hardly having anyone in the box, it's no specific flaw of Bendtner's.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:25 am

Chamakh should have started. We looked far more dangerous when he was on. Nasri has hit a blip at the wrong time especially with RVP dead and Cesc out.

Also someone needs to tell Wilshere that he is allowed to be more creative. The amount of times he had the ball in the final third only to pass sideways was annoying especially when Chamakh was on and he was playing on the shoulder of the centre backs waiting for a ball to be put through something Cesc would have done. It may seem harsh to compare Cesc with Wilshere but Wilshere was in Cescs position today.

Sorry Van gotta disagree with you there, even though I'm one of the few who does not rate Bendy too highly. He played well today. He had nothing to work with tbh.

Also, Nasri was exceptional.

Everything was there to win the game. ................ :think: Don't know why we couldn't pull it off. Just one of those games I suppose :dontknow: (However, its quite clear that Diaby and Denilson were our worst players on the day)

Van The Man Persie wrote:We play one up front. Bendtner was that man today. Fact hes rarely in the box and always dropping deep or going out wide was a major problem as we regularly had no one in the box.

This is one of the reasons why I dislike him. That and he's lazy, and often times shows little passion. His cocky nature is a plus in my book, though ;)
Last edited by CrimsonGunner11 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:RVP is a bit better at getting in there but we often saw him out right and supporting/interchanging with Walcott or Nasri.

Sometimes RVP is the worst of the lot!
When the others drop off the back four to pick up the ball they usually don't go any deeper than that.
Sometimes I have to rewind the game because I can't believe that RVP is picking the ball up off of the CBs!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:27 am

Bendtner was allright, but he dropped back wayyy too often. When he dropped we had nobody up front at all, its like having 6 midfields
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:00 am

Simple really enough of us have said Denilson and Diaby need to be elsewhere. we are stuck with them for now but summer should see change,and the need for another top draw striker is there to rotate or play when RVP is injured,Chamak and Bendy still have the roll as back up or starters against lower opossition as today,having only seen highlights the problem seemed to be in that DM area.Cant be to critical 3 points behind same amount of games as Manure so all is not lost,officials need a bullet,and as for strikers dropping deep that is AW game plan with no other plan.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby elkanofan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:02 am

shon wrote:Simple really enough of us have said Denilson and Diaby need to be elsewhere. we are stuck with them for now but summer should see change,and the need for another top draw striker is there to rotate or play when RVP is injured,Chamak and Bendy still have the roll as back up or starters against lower opossition as today,having only seen highlights the problem seemed to be in that DM area.Cant be to critical 3 points behind same amount of games as Manure so all is not lost,officials need a bullet,and as for strikers dropping deep that is AW game plan with no other plan.

Agree Diaby needs to go but i really don't mind Denilsion as long as he's backup really, he's still pretty talented!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:35 am

diaby > Denilson bigtime
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 am

Dejan wrote:diaby > Denilson bigtime

Agreed. Diaby has moments in the match where he gets the bit beneath his teeth out of the blue and goes and on impressive runs or uses his strength to force his way through a player or two. Denilson doesn't do this and seems to keep himself on one level the whole match, it isn't a bad level but I don't think it will do in our system. Also Diaby's dribbling can save the move and keep it going at key moments although it has to be said that his passing can throw it away just as easily.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:23 am

Inchpractice wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:RVP is a bit better at getting in there but we often saw him out right and supporting/interchanging with Walcott or Nasri.

Sometimes RVP is the worst of the lot!
When the others drop off the back four to pick up the ball they usually don't go any deeper than that.
Sometimes I have to rewind the game because I can't believe that RVP is picking the ball up off of the CBs!

He's been better this and last season in general though. Since his role changed to lone striker I think RVP has really improved his abilty to get into the box when it matters. His headers this season are a good example.

Bendtner thinking he's Bergkamp does annoy me too because his strengths are so obviously within the box, not dropping deep and you want him to give the CB's a hard time for 90 mins. He wasn't particularly poor yesterday though, certainly not one of the worst performers
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:30 am

The 4231 doesnt work properly without Cesc, Bendy like to drop deep and get involved so theres no reason why cant play Bendy and Chamakh because both can drop deeper to pick up the ball to feet, we have to change the formation to who we play and the personel we have available.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Van The Man Persie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Denilson was fine yesterday.

Did what he had to do with some ease.

Diaby was awful.

Keep Denilson who is a far better player and sell Diaby
Van The Man Persie