AFC111158
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Re: Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Carling Cup Final 27/02/11

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:00 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Libertine wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:You do your thing and let others do theirs, but please stop presuming your say is more important than others and that your way of thinking is "the" way and anyone else who thinks different is "an idiot who needs to grow a pair of bollocks".

+ 1.

I don't think my say is more important than others.
I posted my opinion and others have posted theirs.
But my opinion is still my opinion and i will continue to post it.

And i'm sure there's an ignore feature on here somewhere if the pair of you don't want to read my childish opinions.

I think the point TRA is trying to make is that you can make your opinions without insulting people who disagree with you.
Your opinions are welcome but not if they come with an insult to everyone else.

You could've said that people in this thread were 'overreacting' or that they have 'short memories' but coming into a thread full of disgusted fans after a very disappointing game and telling them to 'grow a pair' was unnecessary and was always going to wind them up.
Predictable really.

Thanks Inch

Pretty much sums up my point(s) perfectly.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Libertine » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Inchpractice wrote: and was always going to wind them up.

By 'them' it take it you mean yourself and TRA?

My style of posting hasn't changed since i joined this site in 2004, nor will it.
I give my opinion and i'm not bothered if people agree, disagree or whatever with it.

As i said, if you don't like reading my opinion, and you clearly don't as you've had to don your "Forum Policeman" hat on several occasions to take me to task over stuff i've posted, hit the ignore option and you won't have to. :thumbsup:
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 pm

Libertine wrote:
Inchpractice wrote: and was always going to wind them up.

By 'them' it take it you mean yourself and TRA?

No, I mean anyone in the thread who thought it was a disrespectful thing to do, which was most people.
Go back through the thread, all of these people disagreed with your opinion:

freddyboy
rev gooner
Chvint22
thereisbearcum

My style of posting hasn't changed since i joined this site in 2004, nor will it.
I give my opinion and i'm not bothered if people agree, disagree or whatever with it.

As i said, if you don't like reading my opinion, and you clearly don't as you've had to don your "Forum Policeman" hat on several occasions to take me to task over stuff i've posted, hit the ignore option and you won't have to. :thumbsup:

You haven't really grasped my last post at all so I'll explain it to you again.
Your opinions which haven't changed since 2004 etc. etc. are fine. I don't have a problem with them.
However insulting people just isn't necessary and as you've no doubt heard Trina and SE13 say thousands of times on this forum since 2004: "We like to think this is the friendliest Arsenal forum on the net and we want to keep it that way."

Whether you think that what you said is insulting or not isn't the point, people have made it clear to you that you've insulted them. The normal reaction to that is to apologise.
You're a grown man, I shouldn't have to tell you that, but apparently we're the ones that need to grow up...? :scratch:
Instead of apologising you've tried to insist that it's your 'opinion' and you we can all ignore you if we like.
Once again, I'll repeat that there's a difference between your opinion and an insult.

It's not complicated.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Oh don't put me in it, I think all I said was that if I was Kos I would've been mad under the circumstances. But it wasn't me, so I could care less really.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:46 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Oh don't put me in it, I think all I said was that if I was Kos I would've been mad under the circumstances. But it wasn't me, so I could care less really.

But the point here is whether or not Libs is being insulting and offending people personally for disagreeing w/ his opinion, which... He is.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Van The Man Persie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:35 pm

I generally agree with 95%+ of what Libs says. :D
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:30 am

Inchpractice wrote:You haven't really grasped my last post at all so I'll explain it to you again.

Please don't bother, i'm really not interested.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:23 am

Van The Man Persie wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/03/alex-mcleish-jack-wilshere-cyber-bullying

Cyber bullying? lol

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
showing your age there McLiesh?
does he even know what "cyber-bullying" is?
I advise him to go on /b/
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:03 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Van The Man Persie wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/mar/03/alex-mcleish-jack-wilshere-cyber-bullying

Cyber bullying? lol

:rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
showing your age there McLiesh?
does he even know what "cyber-bullying" is?
I advise him to go on /b/

Yes, because outing somebody = Cyber Bullying :lol:

On another note, I like how Birmingham have had to lie their way through and make out that Ferguson played with a Broken Rib on Sunday.

There's NO WAY he would have been able to make some of the tackles and jumps he did, with a f***ing broken rib, dick.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:03 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Oh don't put me in it, I think all I said was that if I was Kos I would've been mad under the circumstances. But it wasn't me, so I could care less really.

But the point here is whether or not Libs is being insulting and offending people personally for disagreeing w/ his opinion, which... He is.

I know, but it had nothing to do with me, and thats my point. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby TRA Dial Square » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:05 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:

Not that I'm bothered by a little 'cyber bullying' [Tongue in cheek]. But... Surely as a mod regardless, when someone's being "Personal" with others and insulting/offensive; it's 'to do with' you Chv? :think:
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:12 pm

I cannot believe he would call that cyber bullying, in fact that response was probably created by the Birmingham PR team just to get the headlines as they know it is stupid and will get people talking about it. The reason I say that is because someone who claims "twitter and stuff" is another world wouldn't in all likelihood even know the term cyber-bullying.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:

Not that I'm bothered by a little 'cyber bullying' [Tongue in cheek]. But... Surely as a mod regardless, when someone's being "Personal" with others and insulting/offensive; it's 'to do with' you Chv? :think:

Well when it directly involves another mod, it was up to him to handle it and he did. Thank you!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11