Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Carling Cup Final 27/02/11

Re: Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Carling Cup Final 27/02/11

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Paddy was a great captain, but he was, as you said a hard midfielder, who was all over the pitch, he had his fingers in all pies so to speak so he could lead in midfield.

I actually think Wilshere could be a great captain for us in the future, but after Cesc, it should go to Clichy or Vermaelen IMO.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:12 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Paddy was a great captain, but he was, as you said a hard midfielder, who was all over the pitch, he had his fingers in all pies so to speak so he could lead in midfield.

I actually think Wilshere could be a great captain for us in the future, but after Cesc, it should go to Clichy or Vermaelen IMO.

Yep, I'd go with Verm first.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:10 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Paddy was a great captain, but he was, as you said a hard midfielder, who was all over the pitch, he had his fingers in all pies so to speak so he could lead in midfield.

wouldn't go with Clichy, he seems to crumbe defensively when the pressure is on
Wilshere would be a great captain, he really seems to care
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:40 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
Libertine wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Libertine wrote:As i said, and it's only my opinion, people who are so sensitive about such things need to grow up.
"Oh my god did you see that? He ruffled his hair!" :rofll:

You are being quite childish - I think it's you that needs to grow up mate.

As i said, people need to grow a pair of bollocks.
Unsporting behaviour? In football? The absolute paragon of virtue? What a shock! :lol:

How about you stop digging at people personally, telling them they need to grow a pair, etc etc?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion & some people happen to think it was disgusting that Barry Ferguson did what he did, you may not but that's by the by.

And all i'm pointing out is the riduculousness of mock outrage.

An Arsenal player will commit an "offence" of far greater magnitude in the near future and everyone will just let it pass over without comment.

Imagine if a Birmingham player had spat at Koscielny, rather than ruffled his hair?
And yet a couple of posts above are mentioning Vieira as a great captain and no-one is pulling them up.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby shamrock11 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:50 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:

wouldn't go with Clichy, he seems to crumbe defensively when the pressure is on
Wilshere would be a great captain, he really seems to care

i think either wilsher or song should get the armband when cesc leaves
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:49 pm

Libertine wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Libertine wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Libertine wrote:As i said, and it's only my opinion, people who are so sensitive about such things need to grow up.
"Oh my god did you see that? He ruffled his hair!" :rofll:

You are being quite childish - I think it's you that needs to grow up mate.

As i said, people need to grow a pair of bollocks.
Unsporting behaviour? In football? The absolute paragon of virtue? What a shock! :lol:

How about you stop digging at people personally, telling them they need to grow a pair, etc etc?

Everyone's entitled to their opinion & some people happen to think it was disgusting that Barry Ferguson did what he did, you may not but that's by the by.

And all i'm pointing out is the riduculousness of mock outrage.

An Arsenal player will commit an "offence" of far greater magnitude in the near future and everyone will just let it pass over without comment.

Imagine if a Birmingham player had spat at Koscielny, rather than ruffled his hair?
And yet a couple of posts above are mentioning Vieira as a great captain and no-one is pulling them up.

are you Phil Brown in disguise?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Libertine wrote:And all i'm pointing out is the riduculousness of mock outrage.

You don't speak for everybody and you have no way of knowing what "everybody" will think or do...

Case in point, I think anybody acting like that should be dealt with accordingly depending on the action, whether it's a "Slapped wrist", a booking, sending off, a fine or being banned. I don't give a flying f**k if it's a Manc/Chav Scumbag or one of our own.

You may be of the school of "It happens, deal with it" - But it doesn't stop people being pissed off about it whether you brush it off or not and as I said; people are entitled to their opinions. There is no "ridiculousness" in it. People react to things, in different ways.

You do your thing and let others do theirs, but please stop presuming your say is more important than others and that your way of thinking is "the" way and anyone else who thinks different is "an idiot who needs to grow a pair of bollocks".
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:23 am

Verms would get my vote as captain. A captain should always be a goalie/CB/CM. The only time it should be given to a forward is when their a footballing genius a la Thierry.

They need to be able to see who is f***ing up where and tell them about it.

btw - defo were'nt feeling the Ferguson smack on Kos. I would have understood a bit more if there had been a battle during the game between the two, but for Ferguson to do was purely for dickish reasons.

How classy would it be if people started taunting own goal scorers? Not very and theres no room for those moves in any sport whatsoever.

I would hate it if one of ours did that.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:28 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:
Libertine wrote:And all i'm pointing out is the riduculousness of mock outrage.

You don't speak for everybody and you have no way of knowing what "everybody" will think or do...

Case in point, I think anybody acting like that should be dealt with accordingly depending on the action, whether it's a "Slapped wrist", a booking, sending off, a fine or being banned. I don't give a flying f**k if it's a Manc/Chav Scumbag or one of our own.

You may be of the school of "It happens, deal with it" - But it doesn't stop people being pissed off about it whether you brush it off or not and as I said; people are entitled to their opinions. There is no "ridiculousness" in it. People react to things, in different ways.

You do your thing and let others do theirs, but please stop presuming your say is more important than others and that your way of thinking is "the" way and anyone else who thinks different is "an idiot who needs to grow a pair of bollocks".

+ 1.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:34 am

Zedie wrote:Verms would get my vote as captain. A captain should always be a goalie/CB/CM. The only time it should be given to a forward is when their a footballing genius a la Thierry.

btw - defo were'nt feeling the Ferguson smack on Kos. I would have understood a bit more if there had been a battle during the game between the two, but for Ferguson to do was purely for dickish reasons.

How classy would it be if people started taunting own goal scorers? Not very and theres no room for those moves in any sport whatsoever.

I would hate it if one of ours did that.

As much as a genius as Henry was, he was an awful captain, and the only reason he was given the captaincy, was to delay the inevitable.

Same with Cesc IMO...

The captaincy should not necessarily go to your best player...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Libertine » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 am

Inchpractice wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:You do your thing and let others do theirs, but please stop presuming your say is more important than others and that your way of thinking is "the" way and anyone else who thinks different is "an idiot who needs to grow a pair of bollocks".

+ 1.

I don't think my say is more important than others.
I posted my opinion and others have posted theirs.
But my opinion is still my opinion and i will continue to post it.

And i'm sure there's an ignore feature on here somewhere if the pair of you don't want to read my childish opinions.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gunner Down Under » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 am

Zedie wrote:Verms would get my vote as captain. A captain should always be a goalie/CB/CM. The only time it should be given to a forward is when their a footballing genius a la Thierry.

Good teams are built on good captaincy. I totally agree with what Zedie said, those positions are vital for captains as they can see exactly what's going on- preferably for me I would want a CB as my captain, but he has to know how the game ebbs and flows and what's going on up front, but also marshalling the defense. I don't have a problem with a CM /GK as a captain, they would also see what's going on but not with how well a CB could. And definitely not to a winger or a striker. They've got fairly narrow play and might screw up the defense totally.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby AFC111158 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:18 am

Iagree Miquel looks good,he's played the two games against Orient more or less solid,not too sure i'd put him up against a Rooney,Carroll or a Premier striker just yet though.
AFC111158
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am

Libertine wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:You do your thing and let others do theirs, but please stop presuming your say is more important than others and that your way of thinking is "the" way and anyone else who thinks different is "an idiot who needs to grow a pair of bollocks".

+ 1.

I don't think my say is more important than others.
I posted my opinion and others have posted theirs.
But my opinion is still my opinion and i will continue to post it.

And i'm sure there's an ignore feature on here somewhere if the pair of you don't want to read my childish opinions.

I think the point TRA is trying to make is that you can make your opinions without insulting people who disagree with you.
Your opinions are welcome but not if they come with an insult to everyone else.

You could've said that people in this thread were 'overreacting' or that they have 'short memories' but coming into a thread full of disgusted fans after a very disappointing game and telling them to 'grow a pair' was unnecessary and was always going to wind them up.
Predictable really.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 am

AFC111158 wrote:Iagree Miquel looks good,he's played the two games against Orient more or less solid,not too sure i'd put him up against a Rooney,Carroll or a Premier striker just yet though.

should do alright against Newcastle or Everton then ;)
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11