Arsenal vs Stoke City | Premiership 23/2/11

Re: Arsenal vs Stoke City | Premiership 23/2/11

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:48 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Just got in and glad to see the result but gutted to see 2 of our stars potentially out of the Barca game.

How did we play? and how was the Stoke philosophy, was it to tackle fair or tackle with intent?

The Theo tackle was a foul but nothing more. His ankle rolled though and he got fell on. It was just one of those things but because it was Stoke it's going to get more attention. That's not to say they weren't up to their usual shennanigans.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Zedie wrote:Ok, didnt really see how it happened, had a really shabby stream. We need everyone for the final. I want a full on humiliation of any anti football team that we play, the fact that we did these twats with a header from a setpiece while shutting them out makes this win even sweeter (not taking the injuries into account).

Hoping Ramsey gets a goal scoring 80min sub cameo.

:lol: definitely!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:55 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Just got in and glad to see the result but gutted to see 2 of our stars potentially out of the Barca game.

How did we play? and how was the Stoke philosophy, was it to tackle fair or tackle with intent?

The tackle on theo blatant foul where someone just ran over him.

But it was accidental and whitehead doesnt have a bad bone in his body.

He was also distraught and was shattered and in bits and crying when theo was stretchered off.

His mum had to pick him up after the game. He called theo on his mobile but theo didnt pick up (doh! he was injured), also because he hung up quickly after 1 ring. But he sent him a text message wishing him a speedy recovery.

The ref didnt deem it as a foul. He spoke to Delap about it and Delap said whitehead is an honest lad, so the ref assumed it must have been a fair tackle.

blah blah blah .....

You know the usual stuff.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:58 pm

:lol: Same old then. I will love it when they get relegated.

I can only hope that Fabs and Walcott are at least on the bench for Barca.

Player ratings up
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Come on PG mini. I must have been watching a different game to some of you because that sort of foul happens all the time and never gets this sort of aggro. Theo was unlucky and rolled his ankle and Whitehead landed on him. Nothing more.

By tomorrow I am expecting the stories to blow up to where he put bets on ending Theo's career before the game and was seen carrying a sledgehammer onto the pitch.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:07 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Come on PG mini. I must have been watching a different game to some of you because that sort of foul happens all the time and never gets this sort of aggro. Theo was unlucky and rolled his ankle and Whitehead landed on him. Nothing more.

By tomorrow I am expecting the stories to blow up to where he put bets on ending Theo's career before the game and was seen carrying a sledgehammer onto the pitch.

Im not saying it was deliberate and calculated but when is it ever???

It was over physical. Theo was past him and whithead was behind him. First whitehead fouled him which caused theo to fall in the first place. Then he fell on top of theo to make it even worse.

Tell me, was whitehead anywhere near the ball?? It was again a reckless and clumsy challenge. Again it was a challenge where stoke player wasnt going to get the ball so wanted to make sure he got the man. Did you also see the tackle by wilson on chamakh? I dont want to complain about stoke but it cannot be a co-incidence that every time we play them we end the game with injured players. Ramsey last year, Adebayor (shawcross tackled him from behind when the ball had gone out of play) the year before now cesc and theo.Not sure if cesc was caused by them but theo was definately caused by that tackle.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:11 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Come on PG mini. I must have been watching a different game to some of you because that sort of foul happens all the time and never gets this sort of aggro. Theo was unlucky and rolled his ankle and Whitehead landed on him. Nothing more.

It was over physical. Theo was past him and whithead was behind him. First whitehead fouled him which caused theo to fall in the first place. Then he fell on top of theo to make it even worse.

Tell me, was whitehead anywhere near the ball?? It was again a reckless and clumsy challenge. Again it was a challenge where stoke player wasnt going to get the ball so wanted to make sure he got the man. Did you also see the tackle by wilson on chamakh? I dont want to complain about stoke but it cannot be a co-incidence that every time we play them we end the game with injured players. Ramsey last year, Adebayor (shawcross tackled him from behind when the ball had gone out of play) the year before now cesc and theo.Not sure if cesc was caused by them but theo was definately caused by that tackle.

I know it was a foul, but thats all it was. Come on man there is worse fouls than that in a game that don't result in injury. Whitehead wasn't getting to the ball and probably figured its best to foul Theo and maybe pick up a yellow rather than give him a scoring chance. I have seen our players do the exact same. It was just unfortunate about the result.

I think too much is being made of it, thats all.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:14 pm

and lets stop complaining about stoke. We know what they are. We dont get anything from hating them. They are a long ball team that park the bus. Today we showed we can grind a result when we were tired and we had injuries.

I would rather expend my energy praising our team than to vent my anger on stoke.

ProudGooner wrote:

Well that didn't last long. :lol:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 pm

:grin:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:26 pm

Just saw the challenge, looked like two men fighting for the ball. Nothing to see here, move on. :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:30 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
and lets stop complaining about stoke. We know what they are. We dont get anything from hating them. They are a long ball team that park the bus. Today we showed we can grind a result when we were tired and we had injuries.

I would rather expend my energy praising our team than to vent my anger on stoke.

ProudGooner wrote:

Well that didn't last long. :lol:

I was provoked.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:31 pm

Happens to the best of us. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby VCC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:32 pm

thanks for info on Cesc and Theo IS THERE NO F***ING GOD FOR CHRIST SAKE GIVE US A F***ING BREAK f***ing stoke a postpoment would of been nice groundsmen could have flooded the pitch but NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this has to happen befor a final and a CL match.the big guy will never win me over with these type of ACTS OF GOD F*** him and all his saints to.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Not really provoked PG junior (we are not allowed to call you PG). I was just pointing out what I saw. It was a foul yes, dirty? far from it.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Well I was hoping we'd totally humiliate the donkey-footed hoof-merchants but I'll settle for the three points in the end, even if they were a bit costly.

I got the impression that Cesc's wasn't that bad and with a bit of luck Theo might be back for Barca, you never know.....?
In theory we should be able to beat Brum without those two but it'll be a lot harder without Cesc's penetrative through-balls.
Not sure why we brought Denilson on when Theo went off, should've been Rosicky surely? Maybe AW was just trying to defend the lead...?
Looked a bit silly with three DMs on the pitch at once though (if you include Jack). More sideways movement than a nightclub full of crabs!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11