Newcastle United vs Arsenal | Premiership 5/2/11

Re: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | Premiership 5/2/11

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:00 pm

The more time goes by the more angry I feel with Diaby.

Honestly, what a weekend it would have been for us if he hadnt f***ked it up.

Sorry but what he did is just so hard to forgive.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks for the stats starman... kinda puts that argument to rest doesn't it?

Next!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Est83 wrote:F**king hell mate!!!

Do you suffer from depression... you're not sat there with a gun in your mouth right now are you?

You'd be amazed at how often I ask myself that question about some of the posters on here. I'm 100% serious.
Some peoples take on events leaves me genuinely wondering if they suffer from clinical depression. Especially people like IMF.
If people look at life the way they look at Arsenal results they must either be on medication or some kind of long suffering alcoholic.

The very reason why I hardly bother looking at most posts after any setback regardless of how big or small it might be. I can predict from the poster name what will be said, which people are slitting their wrists over a blade of grass not being covered by a player.

Honestly, some folk really need to get a grip on life. For crying out loud, we've made ground this weekend, but obviously that ain't good enough for those who demand multiple goal wins every game of the season, and a minimum of four trophies each season. Hello, wake up and smell the salts!

People slate us older supporters, but we went for the sake of a laugh and it being Arsenal. The result was an added bonus.

Try not going into every game expecting to hide the opposition to nothing, try going into each season not expecting to clean up the silverware, because whichever way you slice it, and whatever drug you are taking to think it might happen, it just isn't going to! Even the invincible season we screwed up to 12 draws.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:58 pm

SE13 wrote:Even in the invincible season we screwed up to 12 draws.

Good point.
And besides, Manure and Chelscum LOST ffs so mathematically we actually progressed this weekend. That wipes out 90% of the shock of this result for me.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
SE13 wrote:Even in the invincible season we screwed up to 12 draws.

Good point.
And besides, Manure and Chelscum LOST ffs so mathematically we actually progressed this weekend. That wipes out 90% of the shock of this result for me.

It does really, you're right. Of course it's a bitch that you lost 2 points but at the start of the day you would of probably guessed that you would win and an United would win, meaning you didn't close the gap at all. All that has happened is that City are still just about in the hunt but come later in the season I think we will fall away from you both.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:12 pm

I hope not Yorky. My prediction was Arsenal first and City second! Don't dissapoint me :naughty:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:14 pm

See, this is where football went wrong. We went to football for the craik, we didn't resort to virtual suicide on an internet forum, we said our bit on the terraces, and by hell we were vocal about it.

We "talked" to like minded people (and lets be fair, most were) and argued the difference there. OK, we had Liverpoo, ManUre and Leeds, and to a lesser degree QPR, Luton and Watford for sheer disgust value of our "discussions"

I've said it time and again, you either support THE Arsenal or you don't. Whichever way you support them matters not, you support them. Cut me open (and believe me, it's happened) and I'll bleed Arsenal, but there really are bigger things in life to worry about than dropping an away point.

You went didn't you? You watched didn't you? Why? You support Arsenal? Whoever said they were embarrassed to be an Arsenal fan wants to give their bollocks a good kick and ask themselves why they are on this forum let alone an Arsenal fan. Another thing I've said time and again on here is that those of my age supported the club through thin, thin and more thin, and because we did, you have a club to support now. It's a f***ing insult to see the prawns shoving us lot out and slating it all. Take your heads out of your arses, get behind the team, and most of all make the most of Arsenal being a passion, because the moaning on here clearly suggests that it isn't.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby shamrock11 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 pm

SE13 wrote:See, this is where football went wrong. We went to football for the craik, we didn't resort to virtual suicide on an internet forum, we said our bit on the terraces, and by hell we were vocal about it.

We "talked" to like minded people (and lets be fair, most were) and argued the difference there. OK, we had Liverpoo, ManUre and Leeds, and to a lesser degree QPR, Luton and Watford for sheer disgust value of our "discussions"

I've said it time and again, you either support THE Arsenal or you don't. Whichever way you support them matters not, you support them. Cut me open (and believe me, it's happened) and I'll bleed Arsenal, but there really are bigger things in life to worry about than dropping an away point.

You went didn't you? You watched didn't you? Why? You support Arsenal? Whoever said they were embarrassed to be an Arsenal fan wants to give their bollocks a good kick and ask themselves why they are on this forum let alone an Arsenal fan. Another thing I've said time and again on here is that those of my age supported the club through thin, thin and more thin, and because we did, you have a club to support now. It's a f***ing insult to see the prawns shoving us lot out and slating it all. Take your heads out of your arses, get behind the team, and most of all make the most of Arsenal being a passion, because the moaning on here clearly suggests that it isn't.

well said se13 really putting those twats that were saying we should be embarrassed to be gunners in their place,we're the third best team in the world imo,really if all you're here to do is send around negative vibes then f**k off somewhere else
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Actually shamrock, Arsenal are the best team in the world.

Proof: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13532
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Van The Man Persie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 pm

starmandb wrote:
Est83 wrote:Enter starman!!!

Does anyone know the secret call to summond starman???

I'm pretty sure it was the season before last that no-one in the Prem had scored more than us in the last ten minutes of a match. I haven't got the stats, but I'd bet my left testicle that we've come back more times in the last ten minutes than we've gone behind in the last ten minutes.

It's quite common for people suffering from fickle-itis to see things differently. We're nothing like the mentally weak team that just about secured 4th spot on the last day of the season.

08/09
dynamo kiev[a] 1-1
gallas[88]
sunderland[a] 1-1
sunderland86 cesc[90]
dynamo kyiv[h] 1-0
bendtner[87]
portsmouth[h] 1-0
gallas[82]
bolton[h] 1-0
bentner [84]
hull [a] 3-1
nasri[82]bentner[86]
everton[a]1-1
rvp[90]
roma [a]0-1
won 7-6 on penaltys
hull[h] fa cup 2-1
gallas [84]
dropped pts twice in the last 10 mins
spurs[h] villa[a] lost semi to chelsea. an anomoly is the liverpool [a] game because arshavin put us in front 90th min and we drew 4-4
09/10
standard liege[a] 3-2
eduardo[81] came back from 2 down
west ham[a] fa cup 2-1
eduardo[83]
everton[h]2-2
everton[81] rosicky[90]
stoke[a]3-1
cesc,vermaelen[90]
hull[a]2-1
bendtner[90]
barcelona[h] 2-2
fabregas[ 85]
wolves[h]1-0
bendtner[90]
dropped pts twice in the last 10mins west ham[a] wigan[a] and at alkmaar birmingham[a] is an anomoly as nasri put us in front[81] birmingham equalised [90]
10/11
liverpool[a]1-1
reinaog[90]
west ham[h]1-0
song[90]
leeds[h] 1-1
cesc[90]
huddersfiield[h] 2-1
cesc [90]
dropped pts 4times
sunderland[a],spurs[h]wigan[h] newcastle[a] and braga[a]

So we score late goals?

Doesnt change the fact we concede leads more often than our rivals cos we are mentally weak fucks who dont have a clue how to win big games
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 pm

:scratch:

Mentally weak teams don't fight til the last minute. The late goals illustrate that we fight to the last minute and are therefore not mentally weak.

We concede more than our rivals because we've had a shit defensive philosophy for God knows how long!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Van The Man Persie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:43 pm

And that shit defensive philosophy is down to Wenger.

Glad to see youre coming to my way of thinking finally
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Oh lord he's back.

:doh:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Van The Man Persie wrote:And that shit defensive philosophy is down to Wenger.

Glad to see youre coming to my way of thinking finally

I've already answered your point about being weak mentally several pages ago but you seem to have nothing to say about that.
I think you need to go back and read the last four pages of this thread (starting with this one) and then try and convince us that you still have an argument.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:47 pm

The high defensive line is justified. You want attacking play with playmakers controlling the ball on the edge of the area then you need the gap they leave behind them to be as small as possible. Some don't agree but it's perfectly reasonable.

The shitness comes from players not closing down when they're off the ball. And to be honest, we've improved ten-fold this season in that department.

But back to the point, we aint mentally weak mate ;)

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11