Newcastle United vs Arsenal | Premiership 5/2/11

Re: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | Premiership 5/2/11

Postby Forest » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:18 pm

Est83 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-might-recall-some-loan-players

What he actually said:

I can [recall Kyle Bartley] but he has not played at all in the Premier League," said Wenger.

Not quite saying he won't, but suggesting it is unlikely.

Wenger's always giving youngsters a chance. If it wasn't for Frimpong's injury I reckon he would have at least 10 appearances under his belt.

I think from the quote we can see that he would at least consider it, all depends on injuries I suppose.

Was looking forward to seeing him and was gutted when he got injuried.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Van The Man Persie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Nothing fickle about it.

You might have your head in the sand but our weak mentality is a problem and Wenger refuses to or cant solve it.

Either way, its not good for this club
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:23 pm

No, fickle is comparing us to Tottenham and calling our beloved team the laughing stock of the Premiership... and no doubt you'll be singing the team's praise when we beat Wolves and ManUre draw with City. :rolleyes:

Again, I'll have to wait for starman, he's the one with the stats. We have come back in the last ten minutes far more times than we've gone behind.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Forest wrote:
Est83 wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-might-recall-some-loan-players

What he actually said:

I can [recall Kyle Bartley] but he has not played at all in the Premier League," said Wenger.

Wenger's always giving youngsters a chance. If it wasn't for Frimpong's injury I reckon he would have at least 10 appearances under his belt.

I think from the quote we can see that he would at least consider it, all depends on injuries I suppose.

Me too! He was some way off of Song, but you could see he was a Song mk2 in the making. Would love to see him make an appearance in one of the final games of the season.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Forest » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Est83 wrote:
Forest wrote:
Est83 wrote:

What he actually said:

Me too! He was some way off of Song, but you could see he was a Song mk2 in the making. Would love to see him make an appearance in one of the final games of the season.

Not sure when he dues back? he looked balanced in pre season so maybe next season foe him.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby shamrock11 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:41 pm

Est83 wrote:
Van The Man Persie wrote:Embarrassing and humiliating.

Thank you Wenger.

Our once great club is a laughing stock.

We truly are the new Tottenham of the premiership

F**king hell mate!!!

Do you suffer from depression... you're not sat there with a gun in your mouth right now are you?

Wenger's fault? Did you watch the game?
Our club a laughing stock? We're second and trailing by only 4 points... ManUre just lost to Wolves!
New Tottenham of the Premiership? That's just blasphemy... we're nothing like those scummy c**s!

Seriously, you're making me depressed. Don't be so fickle.

VTMP Mate calm down we were robbed by that fat piece of shit phil dowd,like come on no comparing us to our biggest rivals thats just sick :naughty:
OOH OOH OOH TO BE OOH TO BE A GOONER!
shamrock11
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Newcastle United vs Arsenal | Premiership 5/2/11

Postby Git » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Forest wrote:
Est83 wrote:
Forest wrote:
Est83 wrote:

What he actually said:

Not sure when he dues back? he looked balanced in pre season so maybe next season foe him.

Think it was May.

f***ked his cruciate ligaments, so no time soon.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Est83 wrote:Enter starman!!!

Does anyone know the secret call to summond starman???

I'm pretty sure it was the season before last that no-one in the Prem had scored more than us in the last ten minutes of a match. I haven't got the stats, but I'd bet my left testicle that we've come back more times in the last ten minutes than we've gone behind in the last ten minutes.

It's quite common for people suffering from fickle-itis to see things differently. We're nothing like the mentally weak team that just about secured 4th spot on the last day of the season.

08/09
dynamo kiev[a] 1-1
gallas[88]
sunderland[a] 1-1
sunderland86 cesc[90]
dynamo kyiv[h] 1-0
bendtner[87]
portsmouth[h] 1-0
gallas[82]
bolton[h] 1-0
bentner [84]
hull [a] 3-1
nasri[82]bentner[86]
everton[a]1-1
rvp[90]
roma [a]0-1
won 7-6 on penaltys
hull[h] fa cup 2-1
gallas [84]
dropped pts twice in the last 10 mins
spurs[h] villa[a] lost semi to chelsea. an anomoly is the liverpool [a] game because arshavin put us in front 90th min and we drew 4-4
09/10
standard liege[a] 3-2
eduardo[81] came back from 2 down
west ham[a] fa cup 2-1
eduardo[83]
everton[h]2-2
everton[81] rosicky[90]
stoke[a]3-1
cesc,vermaelen[90]
hull[a]2-1
bendtner[90]
barcelona[h] 2-2
fabregas[ 85]
wolves[h]1-0
bendtner[90]
dropped pts twice in the last 10mins west ham[a] wigan[a] and at alkmaar birmingham[a] is an anomoly as nasri put us in front[81] birmingham equalised [90]
10/11
liverpool[a]1-1
reinaog[90]
west ham[h]1-0
song[90]
leeds[h] 1-1
cesc[90]
huddersfiield[h] 2-1
cesc [90]
dropped pts 4times
sunderland[a],spurs[h]wigan[h] newcastle[a] and braga[a]
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby mg86 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:00 pm

After making some sense now of what happened this game I have come to the conclusion that we simply STILL lack the ability to get over some stupid sense of compassion for the opponent when we are up. If your able to score 4 in the first 25 minutes, how in the hell can you not score 1 more in the rest of the 65 minutes of the game, especially with a demoralized opponent. This is the only thing to explain how we lost even if you place ALOT of the blame on the ref.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:23 pm

wenger needs to wake up or else stop trying to protect the players. in every interview he ALWAYS mentions the opposition players and will always come up with someone to blame except for his own players. i realise it would be stupid of him to be attacking them regularly but not once does he ever criticise them when it is their fault
im gettin sick and tired of what happened being a possibility
Last edited by ivan itchybum on Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:25 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:wenger needs to wake up or else stop trying to protect the players. in every interview he ALWAYS mentions the opposition players and will always come up with someone to blame except for his own players. i realise it would be stupid of him to be attacking them regularly but not once does he ever criticise them when it is their fault

wenger does his talking in the dressing room
thats how it should be
starmandb

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:34 pm

starmandb wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:wenger needs to wake up or else stop trying to protect the players. in every interview he ALWAYS mentions the opposition players and will always come up with someone to blame except for his own players. i realise it would be stupid of him to be attacking them regularly but not once does he ever criticise them when it is their fault

thats how it should be

have you been in the dressing room ? :think:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:36 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:
starmandb wrote:

thats how it should be

have you been in the dressing room ? :think:

no mate.
i don,t want our manager washing our dirty linen in public
starmandb

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Thank you Wenger.

Speaking of embarrassed you should be embarrassed about that post, it's pathetic.
How can we be the laughing stock of anything when we're second in the league by 4 points and the only English team that's still in all four comps?
You want to blame Wenger for a result that was entirely down to the ref and Diaby?
Get some perspective man, and don't EVER compare us to that mob of W****rs down the road.
Losing to Wolves could be seen as embarrassing maybe but not drawing a game because the ref was paid off.

And as for mental strength, I'd say a team that has just seen one of their players legs broken (for the second time in two seasons) and then go on to win the game is pretty strong mentally.

Est83 wrote:F**king hell mate!!!

Do you suffer from depression... you're not sat there with a gun in your mouth right now are you?

You'd be amazed at how often I ask myself that question about some of the posters on here. I'm 100% serious.
Some peoples take on events leaves me genuinely wondering if they suffer from clinical depression. Especially people like IMF.
If people look at life the way they look at Arsenal results they must either be on medication or some kind of long suffering alcoholic.

Forest wrote:Not sure when he dues back? he looked balanced in pre season so maybe next season foe him

I think the original prognosis for Frimpong was at least six months. Obviously we've had some of that time now so there's maybe another 2-3 months left.....? :dontknow:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TRA Dial Square » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Thank you Wenger.

Go take your anti-wenger b0110cks elsewhere, cheers.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11