Arsenal vs Huddersfield Town | FA Cup 30/1/11

Re: Arsenal vs Huddersfield Town | FA Cup 30/1/11

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:There is no "terrace humour" at the emirates statto. For the most part its full of PHFC's and people who complain about some of our chants.

PMSL! Absolute b0110cks mate!

I've been an Arsenal supporter all of 24yrs now and granted I was never a "proper" member up until 3 seasons ago when I got my Red level but I've been to more games in that time than I ever have and I can tell you now your above assumption is absolute nonsense. - With all due respect, of course lol

Maybe you could enlighten me rather than just saying bollocks and nonsense.

I must be confused about many old time gooners complaining about the Emirates. Then again you have supported Arsenal for 24 years, you are obviously a bigger fan, I have only supported Arsenal 34 years..........

Don't start 'youngie's bs mate please? Supporting a team longer means absolutely nothing. You obviously have only done this due to being older than myself. - I said w/ all due respect.

I also like how you dig at my post but don't respond to Starman. My point being any game I've ever been too [including "small" CC games etc] there's ALWAYS "Terrace humour" and NEVER anybody [inc' old school] complaining.

You were the one who brought up 24 years, I was being sarcastic. So don't turn it on me cupcake.

I did respond to statto. As for having a dig at your post. You said I was talking bollocks then cry that I was having a dig, wtf are you smoking GES?
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:23 pm

Fabs, let me clear something up for you.

The Emirates is really not that bad.
The oldies like to have a moan on forums about it, calling it a lifeless bowl but they do get carried away sometimes.
It's not as atmospheric as Highbury I grant you, but then it's a lot bigger and there are more corporate seats there.
Having said that Highbury didn't get the nickname 'Highbury Library' for nothing.
Our fans just aren't as vocal as Newcastle/Liverpool etc.

As for booing, it happens from time to time but the VAST majority of fans wouldn't dream of it.
Some fans will shout abuse at players occasionally but they also get told to shut the f**k up by other fans.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm assuming you've had some bad Apple Pie or something.

I mentioned how long *I* Personally had supported the club, for the benefit of explaining I'd only just recently gone to as many games now, in that amount of time. - I didn't say I'd supported the club longer.

I also didn't say you were talking BS. I said the assumption is nonsense, I said it wasn't correct... It made me laugh to read it. I apologise if I offended you - AGAIN, I did say it was with respect; not a malicious pop.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Fair enough Inch. I haven't been to the Emirates so I really can't say one way or the other. I don't have Highbury goggles (I promise) but going from what I hear on telly, and yes it is just on telly, it seems fans at the Emirates are quicker to get on our players backs. Again its just perception, but it seems that way.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:I'm assuming you've had some bad Apple Pie or something.

I mentioned how long *I* Personally had supported the club, for the benefit of explaining I'd only just recently gone to as many games now, in that amount of time. - I didn't say I'd supported the club longer.

I also didn't say you were talking BS. I said the assumption is nonsense, I said it wasn't correct... It made me laugh to read it. I apologise if I offended you - AGAIN, I did say it was with respect; not a malicious pop.

Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Trina » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:36 pm

Alright drop it guys.

I do have a question though for those who go to the Emirates regular, because I agree with Fab on this season on the tv with the fans. Has the last season or 2 been the worst for slagging players off in the last 5 years?
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:39 pm

keep it cool guys or no more pics of nice girls for you.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Trina wrote:Alright drop it guys.

I do have a question though for those who go to the Emirates regular, because I agree with Fab on this season on the tv with the fans. Has the last season or 2 been the worst for slagging players off in the last 5 years?

No it hasn't and it even sounds worse "on TV" than it actually is in person; I've barely seen any of our players get ACTUAL Stick when I've been at The Emirates. Light hearted "Oh ffs Arshavin! What was that!?" or "FFS Bendy! I could have scored that!" - General sh!t most fans give their players... Nothing in it, whatsoever.

And I'd appreciate the dropping of 'guys' I light heartedly made a comment regarding what Fab sees on the TV being nonsense; three times I said it was 'with respect'. - And he got all moody about it /shrug.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:55 pm

Ok GES. I'm the big bad wolf.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Zedie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 pm

What the hell is going on around here today? Arsenal dont sign anyone and the whole forum goes into melt down.

I blame Almunia.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 pm

Zedie wrote:What the hell is going on around here today? Arsenal dont sign anyone and the whole forum goes into melt down.

I blame Almunia.

Cant blame him for the saves he made, top notch.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:17 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:There is no "terrace humour" at the emirates statto. For the most part its full of PHFC's and people who complain about some of our chants.

PMSL! Absolute b0110cks mate!

I've been an Arsenal supporter all of 24yrs now and granted I was never a "proper" member up until 3 seasons ago when I got my Red level but I've been to more games in that time than I ever have and I can tell you now your above assumption is absolute nonsense. - With all due respect, of course lol

Maybe you could enlighten me rather than just saying bollocks and nonsense.

I must be confused about many old time gooners complaining about the Emirates. Then again you have supported Arsenal for 24 years, you are obviously a bigger fan, I have only supported Arsenal 34 years..........

where did he say he was a bigger fan?
i will listen to anybody who talks with personal experience about what they come across on a matchday but what i will never accept is when someone watches a game on the telly and tells me chapter and verse what the atmosphere in the stadium is like.
it was not great sunday but early kick offs rarely are.
all you can do is your bit and i did mine.
but this broad brush of everyone that goes to the home games is unfair
i was a highbury fan,i used to be an away fan and now i am an emirates fan
to suggest all these people are seperate entitys is nonsense
we are all gooners weather we have been going for 100 years
or just caught a glimpse of cescs penalty and thought[ i quite like the cut of that teams jib]
or are you seriously suggesting that because it was at highbury 23,000 gunners walked out after a 0-0 draw with norwich
lacing daiseys into each others hair waxing lyrical about mark heeley
like we were about jack wilshere after the emirates cup?
its rose tinted nonsense
there are moaners and groaners at all football clubs
always have been always will be
to suggest any different is rose tinted nonsense
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:48 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Huddersfield did their part, but like the first CC game against Ipswich it looked as if we showed up expecting to win. I don't want to step on statto's toes, but the Gooners sarcastically cheering Arshavin if he had a shot off target pissed me off also.I am as much of a critic as anyone but his confidence is down, get behind him ffs.

Anyway onwards and upwards. But even when we had 11 and dominated play we had a hard time putting the ball in the net.

its called terrace humour and its been going on for years.
self deprication is a great trait to have and i hope we never lose it
the real cheers came from bendtners misskick which he made up for and how
i have strong toes ,you step away sleepy

There is no "terrace humour" at the emirates statto. For the most part its full of PHFC's and people who complain about some of our chants.

We can agree or not, but gooners get on Arshavin's back more and more every time he plays. I know you don't like anyone saying anything bad about Arsenal fans, but the evidence is there for all to hear.

ok,take the word of forums over somebody who has rarely missed a home game in 40 years
the moaning about players is far worse on blogs and forums than it ever is on a matchday and there is plenty of humour where i sit...i manage to go thru every game without a bout of narcolepsy as well.
you need to get off the net and into the ground

I have told you countless times, but for the last time, I have lived in good old America for 11 years. It's kind of difficult for me to go to games. Not sure if that will sink in. I can show you a map if you are still having trouble.

i know where america is
i have been lucky enough to visit it 4 times
i saw oasis in new york and my son had breakfast with minnie mouse in florida
i would not however sit and watch the new york nicks and complain about the empty seats or the lack of atmosphere at a miami dolphins game
or read the thoughts of a few people and adopt it as my viewpoint on how good there support is
if i was a fan of either of these sports which i am not
i would not moan about getting up at stupid o,clock to watch them
all the shit about how we would never fill the emirates has been exploded
and the churlish comments about announcing seats sold rather than people in the ground is fine amongst us but when it comes out from media sources[i,e how fantastic those liverpool/geordie/anyone but us] supporters are
i would like fans to bang the drum more about what fantastic support we have
just now tony cascarino was talking with incredulity about how the ground at anfield had slumped to 35,000 before xmas
oh the myth of the kop
we aint had such a low crowd in 15 years i think its worth mentioning... don,t you
also in another thread i am chatting with se 13 about a game at anfield in 1978 when we played them[the then european champions] when they had 38,000
we trophless for 7 years had 44,000 against ipswich
i think its worth banging the drum for the fantastic support this club had then and now... don,t you?
starmandb

Postby Dejan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 pm

:dizzy:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:04 am

Trina wrote:Alright drop it guys.

no
the general consensus amongst arsenal fans was our season was falling apart after losing the cc semi final to wigan in 05/06
when we lost 3-2 at home to west ham when campbell walked out and only rvp had a good game.
henry was rumoured to be leaving in the summer and we might as well not bother going to the bernabeu to play real madrid
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11