Arsenal vs Huddersfield Town | FA Cup 30/1/11

Re: Arsenal vs Huddersfield Town | FA Cup 30/1/11

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I'm with Fab, just because others do it don't mean its right if we do. We are suppose to have better class than that. Lets just play football and win the right way, not hope for dodgy decisions.

are you saying the invincibles lacked better class?

Do you remember the OT fracas? Wouldnt you love to see the team show same kind of togetherness? We scared the shit out of manure that day. I knew that day we would win the league.

And to be honest if i have to choose between class and winning trophies i know what Iwould choose.

Lastly, I am not saying argue with him over every single thing and surround him all the time. But for f**k sake fight your corner when you are not wrong. We dont even do that. Look at the wigan penalty ( i know I am repeating) but where was the outrage? Why didnt we argue with the ref? To me it showed as if they dont care. Thats why i love fab he cares and you can see it. Fighting for decisions also shows that you have a winning mentality and you are desperate to win. When I see one of our players just turning around and showing no anger or emotion over a wrong decision I question their motivation to win.

What on Earth do the invincibles have to do with anything? Brow beating a ref for 10 minutes does not win you anything.
It doesn't matter who does what to what ref, I don't think it helps in the slightest. In fact I think it hurts you. Our captain is a diving **** who complains to the ref all the time, but it will be a long time before he gets a 50 50 decision again.

Rubbish, absolute utter rubbish. In Italy, spain and other countries its an art/science i.e. how to manipulate the ref. Obviously it wont work on all refs and different refs will require slightly different ways to be manipulated.

But to say it makes no difference is just utter nonsense. What has it got to do with the invincibles? Read my posts please. They were experts in this "art". They use to work on the referee constantly.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:33 pm

Jay22 wrote:IMO, these decisions balance out themselves. If you get some 50/50 decisions your way, sooner than later you will have these decisions in the other teams favour, so I don't complain about it. Over a long period of time, they balance themselves out (unless you are Utd :lol:).

I would agree with you but then if you are correct then Manure will not get another decision in their favour for another 10 years. That is what it will take to even their decisions out. So imo this theory is really a myth.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:35 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I'm with Fab, just because others do it don't mean its right if we do. We are suppose to have better class than that. Lets just play football and win the right way, not hope for dodgy decisions.

Do you remember the OT fracas? Wouldnt you love to see the team show same kind of togetherness? We scared the shit out of manure that day. I knew that day we would win the league.

And to be honest if i have to choose between class and winning trophies i know what Iwould choose.

Lastly, I am not saying argue with him over every single thing and surround him all the time. But for f**k sake fight your corner when you are not wrong. We dont even do that. Look at the wigan penalty ( i know I am repeating) but where was the outrage? Why didnt we argue with the ref? To me it showed as if they dont care. Thats why i love fab he cares and you can see it. Fighting for decisions also shows that you have a winning mentality and you are desperate to win. When I see one of our players just turning around and showing no anger or emotion over a wrong decision I question their motivation to win.

What on Earth do the invincibles have to do with anything? Brow beating a ref for 10 minutes does not win you anything.
It doesn't matter who does what to what ref, I don't think it helps in the slightest. In fact I think it hurts you. Our captain is a diving **** who complains to the ref all the time, but it will be a long time before he gets a 50 50 decision again.

Its the manner you present yourself in. If Cesc were to walk up to him and have a conversation about it, without all the antics and throwing the hands in the air and yelling and whining like a little kid, then it would be ok and acceptable. It should be done in a professional manner, nothing wrong with arguing a call, but just do it with respect and don't make yourself look like a ****, or Wayne Rooney.

Lol, thats like saying the fans in the terraces should be polite and make their point eloquently rather than shouting and swearing and yelling like wild animals.

Its a jungle out there, its utter chaos. There are 10 million battles going on and you want the guy to go and have a word with the ref as if he is having a professional client meeting.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:37 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:

Its the manner you present yourself in. If Cesc were to walk up to him and have a conversation about it, without all the antics and throwing the hands in the air and yelling and whining like a little kid, then it would be ok and acceptable. It should be done in a professional manner, nothing wrong with arguing a call, but just do it with respect and don't make yourself look like a ****, or Wayne Rooney.

Exactly. Refs are grown men who can be talked to. I know in the heat of battle emotions run high but act like a grown up and maybe you can get your point across, and also help for future decisions.

Really? You have a split second before you can apply your pressure to manipulate the ref. You guys are talking like cesc has the opportunity to book a meeting room have a 1 hour meeting with the ref with some coffee, tea and biscuits and convince him that he should make a decision that cesc believes is the right decision.

Honestly, I wonder sometimes, after reading some of the ludicrous posts on here have some of you ever played football? Or a competitive sport.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:38 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:

Lol, thats like saying the fans in the terraces should be polite and make their point eloquently rather than shouting and swearing and yelling like wild animals.

Its a jungle out there, its utter chaos. There are 10 million battles going on and you want the guy to go and have a word with the ref as if he is having a professional client meeting.

Agree to disagree my friend.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Huddersfield did their part, but like the first CC game against Ipswich it looked as if we showed up expecting to win. I don't want to step on statto's toes, but the Gooners sarcastically cheering Arshavin if he had a shot off target pissed me off also.I am as much of a critic as anyone but his confidence is down, get behind him ffs.

Anyway onwards and upwards. But even when we had 11 and dominated play we had a hard time putting the ball in the net.

its called terrace humour and its been going on for years.
self deprication is a great trait to have and i hope we never lose it
the real cheers came from bendtners misskick which he made up for and how
i have strong toes ,you step away sleepy
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:43 pm

starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Huddersfield did their part, but like the first CC game against Ipswich it looked as if we showed up expecting to win. I don't want to step on statto's toes, but the Gooners sarcastically cheering Arshavin if he had a shot off target pissed me off also.I am as much of a critic as anyone but his confidence is down, get behind him ffs.

Anyway onwards and upwards. But even when we had 11 and dominated play we had a hard time putting the ball in the net.

There is no "terrace humour" at the emirates statto. For the most part its full of PHFC's and people who complain about some of our chants.

We can agree or not, but gooners get on Arshavin's back more and more every time he plays. I know you don't like anyone saying anything bad about Arsenal fans, but the evidence is there for all to hear.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:True that. We won and thats all that is important. I was away all day though so I recorded it and watched it at 2am. Wish we'd have scored a few more to make staying up till all hours worthwhile. (lady Fab thinks I am nuts)

don,t worry mate
some will never understand the power of gooning
went down to 4th division hereford once for a league cup 2nd round 1st leg in 1985[0-0]
would i do it again tomorrow?
of coarse
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

ProudGooner wrote:I actually want our players to surround the ref and fight for decisions. I want them to be smart about it and wind the ref up and constantly be in his ear. When we had the invincibles we had players like lauren, vieira, bergy, cole, lehmann, sol who would constantly argue for decisions and try to intimidate the referee. As a result we use to get some dodgy decisions.

Since then Ihave seen clearly we do not argue with the ref Cesc and RVP seem to be the only ones, Eboue argues too but he is hardly on the pitch and nasri does occassionally. As a result its too ez for a ref to give decisions against us. On the other hand you look at Manure and alltheir players surround the ref constantly. Fletcher, rio, vidic, rooney even that ambassador of the game Giggs is always at it constantly. They make it so difficult for the ref to go against them.

If you want to see a perfect example of what I am talking about look at the Wigan penalty incident against us. It was the most blatant dive ever. Yet if you saw the reaction of our players you would have thought yeah, must be a blatant dive. Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if that penalty was given against manure? Unfortunately, we are too f***ing nice, I only wish we had more players like cesc who would make life tough for the ref. To me it shows the guy cares and he is a winner. Think about it, according to everyone he is off to barca yet the guy fights for decisions even against huddersfield in an fa cup game. Most players wouldnt have given a damn. Most players who are going to leave end of the summer wouldnt give a shit about any game. Cesc does, thats all (as an arsenal fan) I give a f**k about. I dont care if he wont make a good diplomat or an ambassador.

cesc has every right to talk to the ref about a decision he is the captain,but the captain should be the only player allowed to talk to the referee and everything should go thru him
i don,t think anybody should wave a card though that should be an instant card in itself
i don,t believe that it is a done deal that he iis off to barcelona
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:36 pm

ProudGooner wrote:

class and a winning mentality are not mutually exclusive
i saw mclintock get a referee to go the linesman and change a penalty decision in the fa cup v chelsea in 73
storey,kelly,ball and george were no shrinking violets but they left it to there captain and thats how it should be
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
starmandb wrote:

There is no "terrace humour" at the emirates statto. For the most part its full of PHFC's and people who complain about some of our chants.

We can agree or not, but gooners get on Arshavin's back more and more every time he plays. I know you don't like anyone saying anything bad about Arsenal fans, but the evidence is there for all to hear.

ok,take the word of forums over somebody who has rarely missed a home game in 40 years
the moaning about players is far worse on blogs and forums than it ever is on a matchday and there is plenty of humour where i sit...i manage to go thru every game without a bout of narcolepsy as well.
you need to get off the net and into the ground
starmandb

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:There is no "terrace humour" at the emirates statto. For the most part its full of PHFC's and people who complain about some of our chants.

PMSL! Absolute b0110cks mate!

I've been an Arsenal supporter all of 24yrs now and granted I was never a "proper" member up until 3 seasons ago when I got my Red level but I've been to more games in that time than I ever have and I can tell you now your above assumption is absolute nonsense. - With all due respect, of course lol
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:01 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:There is no "terrace humour" at the emirates statto. For the most part its full of PHFC's and people who complain about some of our chants.

I've been an Arsenal supporter all of 24yrs now and granted I was never a "proper" member up until 3 seasons ago when I got my Red level but I've been to more games in that time than I ever have and I can tell you now your above assumption is absolute nonsense. - With all due respect, of course lol

Maybe you could enlighten me rather than just saying bollocks and nonsense.

I must be confused about many old time gooners complaining about the Emirates. Then again you have supported Arsenal for 24 years, you are obviously a bigger fan, I have only supported Arsenal 34 years..........
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:03 pm

starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
starmandb wrote:

ok,take the word of forums over somebody who has rarely missed a home game in 40 years
the moaning about players is far worse on blogs and forums than it ever is on a matchday and there is plenty of humour where i sit...i manage to go thru every game without a bout of narcolepsy as well.
you need to get off the net and into the ground

I have told you countless times, but for the last time, I have lived in good old America for 11 years. It's kind of difficult for me to go to games. Not sure if that will sink in. I can show you a map if you are still having trouble.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby TRA Dial Square » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:06 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:

Maybe you could enlighten me rather than just saying bollocks and nonsense.

I must be confused about many old time gooners complaining about the Emirates. Then again you have supported Arsenal for 24 years, you are obviously a bigger fan, I have only supported Arsenal 34 years..........

Don't start 'youngie's bs mate please? Supporting a team longer means absolutely nothing. You obviously have only done this due to being older than myself. - I said w/ all due respect.

My point being any game I've ever been too [including "small" CC games etc] there's ALWAYS "Terrace humour" and NEVER anybody [inc' old school] complaining.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11