Arsenal vs Ipswich Town | Carling Cup 25/1/11

Re: Arsenal vs Ipswich Town | Carling Cup 25/1/11

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:41 am

You're just spinning your anti-wengerism again. It's bad for morale.

:hiding:
Last edited by TRA Dial Square on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby liam_cork » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:42 am

its nothing great i gave it some stick, but lookin now it could be a great shot in the arm for the team for the league
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby liam_cork » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:43 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:You're just spinning your anti-wengerism again. It's bad for morale.

you wouldn't mind but he was one of the better posters once
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:43 am

I just hate how it's being spun by some people that Wenger's doing a fu(king "U-Turn" cos he's desperate or w/e.

What ever fu**ing happened to PERHAPS he's bloody well learned finally? Nothing obviously cos those that hate AW will never change their views.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TRA Dial Square » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 am

liam_cork wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:You're just spinning your anti-wengerism again. It's bad for morale.

you wouldn't mind but he was one of the better posters once

Oh nah I've seen some of his other posts and I've rated some highly. I don't dislike/disrespect the guy - This Anti-Wenger stuff is just too much sometimes...
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby liam_cork » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 am

couple years back he was great poster
arsene knows
liam_cork
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:56 am

UFGN wrote:
Youngie wrote:UFGN surely we need to walk before we can run. Granted its not the most glorious of trophies but its a stepping stone to bigger and better things. To say the cc mean less than nothing is just idiotic. Sometimes its the smallest of gestures, the little things that mean alot. I think your going to have to stop this anti Wenger sentiment. He and all of our players are going to bring your ill founded views crashing down to earth, and make you and your opinions look very silly indeed

don't take the word idiotic to personally but how can any achievement mean less than nothing. Have a little faith ffs, Isnt that what being a supporter is all about. :rolleyes:

It means less than nothing. The reason for that is this: its always been the least important of the trophies but pre wenger it was just that, a trophy but not a great one. Wenger took it a step further. He openly said for over a decade he effectively didnt give a toss about it. That he would use it for blooding new players and that was all. I have no argument with that, he was right, we had bigger fish to fry and it offered competitive football to young players. So Wenger, more than any other individual, is personally responsable for the CC becoming even more worthless then it orininally was. Then this season, realising he had to win a trophy and with the penny finally dropping that he was unlikely to win the league or the CL, he goes all out for the CC. Its a humiliating admission of failure. So unless it is backed up by the FA, CL or PL in the same season, it will mean less than nothing.

I agree with you on a few points, I do believe that Wenger is feeling the pressure so is trying his harderst to win this, but that doesn't mean it will mean nothing. It will mean loads for the players confidence, and could lead to bigger and better things for this still pretty young team. Yes its true that its the shittiest of the four possible trophies, but I'm still going to be happy to win it (even though I laughed at the yids when they celebrated like it was the CL). :redface: It may not mean as much as you want it to, but it still means alot.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 am

TRA Dial Square wrote:
Maxduke wrote:He didn't blame Cesc.

He said continental players have brought loads to the EPL but they've also brought diving.

He don't 'alf spew some sh!t.

I agree with him.

And TRA, I mean this in the friendliest way possible, but go back and read your post in this thread and I think you'd agree you sound like a whiney little overly biased bitch. ;) I probably sounded like that at home.....alone, which is why I try not to post during many games.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 am

This is an important point and im only offering consistancy. Re Wenger overall, I will be proved right or wrong, hopefully wrong, but i wont be a hypocrite. Ive always said the CC is a peace of junk, funnily enough so has Wenger, in actions rather than words. Its one of the few things i always agreed with him about.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:32 am

UFGN wrote:This is an important point and im only offering consistancy. Re Wenger overall, I will be proved right or wrong, hopefully wrong, but i wont be a hypocrite. Ive always said the CC is a peace of junk, funnily enough so has Wenger, in actions rather than words. Its one of the few things i always agreed with him about.

I know you're sticking to your beliefs and opinons about the club and mostly Wenger, and you're doing a good job of it, but just relax and crack a f***ing smile for once, you miserable f**k. :biggrin: ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby UFGN » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:49 am

My non wenger posts this evening have inluded a report on a rather successful dump that i was rather pleased with. Its not all doom and gloom. You cant buy class like that, youre born with it. Incidentally did anyone look up the name of the labrador in Dam Busters?......
That bloke in the other thread wanted help with labrador names :dontknow:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:09 am

UFGN wrote:My non wenger posts this evening have inluded a report on a rather successful dump that i was rather pleased with. Its not all doom and gloom. You cant buy class like that, youre born with it. Incidentally did anyone look up the name of the labrador in Dam Busters?......
That bloke in the other thread wanted help with labrador names :dontknow:

Thats more like it. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 am

UFGN wrote:
It means less than nothing. The reason for that is this: its always been the least important of the trophies but pre wenger it was just that, a trophy but not a great one. Wenger took it a step further. He openly said for over a decade he effectively didnt give a toss about it. That he would use it for blooding new players and that was all. I have no argument with that, he was right, we had bigger fish to fry and it offered competitive football to young players. So Wenger, more than any other individual, is personally responsable for the CC becoming even more worthless then it orininally was. Then this season, realising he had to win a trophy and with the penny finally dropping that he was unlikely to win the league or the CL, he goes all out for the CC. Its a humiliating admission of failure. So unless it is backed up by the FA, CL or PL in the same season, it will mean less than nothing.

The rest is more or less right but I don't agree with that bit.
Whatever his reasons are for playing first teamers in the CC this year it's got nothing to do with his belief in our ability to win the title.
As I said before I personally wish we'd carried on using the kids for this comp because I think we can win it even with the kids but if he's changed his mind then fine I'll go with it as long as it doesn't knacker the team out for other comps.

However he believes we can win the title this year and maybe the FA Cup as well and I think he's right.
We have a good chance of winning the title this year so he has no reason to 'resort' to trying to win the CC at all costs just to cover his arse.
I admit I don't know what his reasons are for going all out to try and win the CC but I know it aint that.

By the way, we've all laughed at this Mickey Mouse cup but one thing we should bear in mind is that even though it's the CC, if Manure had got to the semi-final or the final and they came up against us they'd put out a 100% full strength team and so would we.
The fact that we've played 'weaker' teams (like Spuds) devalues the cup a bit but that's just luck. We could've come up against strong Prem teams all the way through, in which case winning it would've been more like winning the FA Cup.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:21 am

ChVint22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:
Youngie wrote:UFGN surely we need to walk before we can run. Granted its not the most glorious of trophies but its a stepping stone to bigger and better things. To say the cc mean less than nothing is just idiotic. Sometimes its the smallest of gestures, the little things that mean alot. I think your going to have to stop this anti Wenger sentiment. He and all of our players are going to bring your ill founded views crashing down to earth, and make you and your opinions look very silly indeed

don't take the word idiotic to personally but how can any achievement mean less than nothing. Have a little faith ffs, Isnt that what being a supporter is all about. :rolleyes:

I agree with you on a few points, I do believe that Wenger is feeling the pressure so is trying his harderst to win this, but that doesn't mean it will mean nothing. It will mean loads for the players confidence, and could lead to bigger and better things for this still pretty young team. Yes its true that its the shittiest of the four possible trophies, but I'm still going to be happy to win it (even though I laughed at the yids when they celebrated like it was the CL). :redface: It may not mean as much as you want it to, but it still means alot.

I dont agree. Wenger is not doing this because he feels pressure. He will still be in a job for as long as he likes. Yes there is pressure from the fans but I dont see it as the reason.

There are two reasons why he is going for it this season one is what he has said himself i.e. we have a bigger squad so we are in a position to go for it. This is true, our squad this year is quality (apart from the keepers). We didnt play Chamakh, Nasri, Theo yesterday, eboue came on because of an injury.

But the main reason is that I think Wenger finally believes we are ready for it. He knows the team is close and have been close recently but have lacked belief when it has mattered. He knows going to a final in Wembley and winning something will do wonders for our belief. Look at Manure and Chelsea the first trophy their current crop of players won was the Carling Cup. After that they started winning a lot. Wenger is going for all of them this year because he feels we need to win something soon. Its on the back of the players mind as well that they constantly get told they have won nothing and this gets their morale down.

The reaction here is just baffling me. I would expect this reaction if Wenger had rested the entire first 11 for a EPL game so that they would be fresh for the CC Semi Final game. In the past when he played youngsters people would have a go at him for not taking it seriously. Now he is taking it seriously then they have a go at him too. It seems like he can never win, good thing he doesnt waste his time trying to make people happy because I dont think he would get anywhere with that.

Dont get me wrong, I hate some of the things Wenger does but I really think he doesnt deserve some of the shit he gets. My main criticism of Wenger is that he doesnt spend the money on players we need sometimes but honestly, that aside just look at the work he has done. No other manager in the world could have kept us in the top 4 with the money he has spent.

We honestly do not realise how great this man's work is. You get great managers who do wonders for their clubs and that is as far as their influence extends. You have even greater managers who do wonders for the league their club plays in and revolutionise things. And then you have Wenger, who has not only done wonders for his club, for the league his club plays in but wonders for world football. He has created a template that every young manager up and down the country and the world aspires to replicate. They look at Wengers way of getting young players, developing them and giving them a chance, coaching them in playing the game the right way and hence building a team that is capable of winning and competing with the best regardless of the money spent and they all look at this way as the way to follow.

Criticise him for not trying to win a trophy or not buying the right players to do so. But to criticise him for trying to win a trophy no matter how small or insignificant is lunacy.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
UFGN wrote:

I dont agree. Wenger is not doing this because he feels pressure. He will still be in a job for as long as he likes. Yes there is pressure from the fans but I dont see it as the reason.

There are two reasons why he is going for it this season one is what he has said himself i.e. we have a bigger squad so we are in a position to go for it. This is true, our squad this year is quality (apart from the keepers). We didnt play Chamakh, Nasri, Theo yesterday, eboue came on because of an injury.

But the main reason is that I think Wenger finally believes we are ready for it. He knows the team is close and have been close recently but have lacked belief when it has mattered. He knows going to a final in Wembley and winning something will do wonders for our belief. Look at Manure and Chelsea the first trophy their current crop of players won was the Carling Cup. After that they started winning a lot. Wenger is going for all of them this year because he feels we need to win something soon. Its on the back of the players mind as well that they constantly get told they have won nothing and this gets their morale down.

The reaction here is just baffling me. I would expect this reaction if Wenger had rested the entire first 11 for a EPL game so that they would be fresh for the CC Semi Final game. In the past when he played youngsters people would have a go at him for not taking it seriously. Now he is taking it seriously then they have a go at him too. It seems like he can never win, good thing he doesnt waste his time trying to make people happy because I dont think he would get anywhere with that.

Dont get me wrong, I hate some of the things Wenger does but I really think he doesnt deserve some of the shit he gets. My main criticism of Wenger is that he doesnt spend the money on players we need sometimes but honestly, that aside just look at the work he has done. No other manager in the world could have kept us in the top 4 with the money he has spent.

We honestly do not realise how great this man's work is. You get great managers who do wonders for their clubs and that is as far as their influence extends. You have even greater managers who do wonders for the league their club plays in and revolutionise things. And then you have Wenger, who has not only done wonders for his club, for the league his club plays in but wonders for world football. He has created a template that every young manager up and down the country and the world aspires to replicate. They look at Wengers way of getting young players, developing them and giving them a chance, coaching them in playing the game the right way and hence building a team that is capable of winning and competing with the best regardless of the money spent and they all look at this way as the way to follow.

Criticise him for not trying to win a trophy or not buying the right players to do so. But to criticise him for trying to win a trophy no matter how small or insignificant is lunacy.

I didn't mean pressure about losing his job, I meant from the fans, and pundits, and so called experts. And I doubt you know Wenger personally, so you don't know what he thinks or how he feels. And I'm not a Wenger hater, so you could've saved that for someone else.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11