Kos was excellent today.

..and what a pass from him that was

........ 1 - nil to The Arsenal
mel4
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Leeds United vs Arsenal | FA Cup Replay 19/1/11

Postby starmandb » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:38 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:Load of people having a dig @ Arsh on Twitter... Saying how 'sh!t' he is b/c of that miss.
if twitter can make stephen fry dull then it gives little hope for the rest.
let them stay in cyberland while the rest of us just enjoy watching the game
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Gunflash » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 pm

It was an excellent performance. It was good to see us being professional against lower league opposition. Nasri's stock continues to rise and that was a wonderful strike by Sagna. He seems to have recovered the form he showed in his first season. The difference when Fabregas and RVP came on was obvious. Even though we were already playing well, they improved us going forward and there were no major ricks at the back. Djourou is our best CB at the moment. ITV's commentary and punditry was a disgrace. They were salivating at the prospect of us getting turned over/bottling it etc. The deflation from Drury and Townsend when our goals went in was obvious and hilarious.

:arsenal3:
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Zedie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Gunflash wrote:It was an excellent performance. It was good to see us being professional against lower league opposition. Nasri's stock continues to rise and that was a wonderful strike by Sagna. He seems to have recovered the form he showed in his first season. The difference when Fabregas and RVP came on was obvious. Even though we were already playing well, they improved us going forward and there were no major ricks at the back. Djourou is our best CB at the moment. ITV's commentary and punditry was a disgrace. They were salivating at the prospect of us getting turned over/bottling it etc. The deflation from Drury and Townsend when our goals went in was obvious and hilarious.
:arsenal3:

and even more satisfying. The scream that came out of Drury when the Leeds belter went in nearly broke my tv. Dicks.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Excellent game and pleased with the outcome, credit to Leeds for having a go, makes a change to the ten men behind the ball strategy.

Opinions on Watt? think he will be sold to Leeds come end of season imo.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Sims » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 pm

I thought Arsh did alright, he ran his bollocks off whenever I saw him, same with Bendtner. Good performance overall, a great team performance.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Trina » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Forest wrote:Excellent game and pleased with the outcome, credit to Leeds for having a go, makes a change to the ten men behind the ball strategy.

If he is, Leeds will have a very good player. I've seen him play much better than he did tonight.

I agree about Leeds too, was an excellent game to watch and I wish more games were like this one! (In some ways). They never stopped throughout the game. Kasper as I said months ago is an excellent gk.

To be honest, I hope Leeds do get promoted to the Prem. They deserve it and I do like to watch them play. If they don't though, imo a lot of their best players will leave and I think then they will struggle.

Anyway, I noticed someone mentioned Kos and I agree with that too, really good game he had. Cesc and RVP had an instant impact on the game! Sagna's goal was just brilliant. Nasri was great especially the first half. There are so many positives to be taken out of the game, totally chuffed at the minute, except when I think of the scoreline......all week have been thinking 3-1 and was debating on putting a bet on, I didnt, silly cow I am :P
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 am

Good game that.
Again it shows the depth of our squad and proves that the club has a strong desire to compete in all four comps.
Let's wrap Nasri and Song in cotton wool for the rest of the season.

:pray:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gooner90 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:57 am

another solid performance and another 3 goals away from home
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby JordanTheGunner » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:50 am

Well played boys now lets get these three points (:
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Great performance from the team overall, they definitely seem to have got their swing back. Hopefully it was the result of it being their 3/4th game together in recent weeks rather than the fact that Song and Nasri started with them. This second team really have to kick on and find some fluidity in their play (like they had last night) if they're to prove to be a good cup team.

Oh, and I won £50 on this result! Ker-CHING!!! ;)

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby starmandb » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:00 am

leeds fans were getting an awful lot of bumming up on itv last night but there was no mention of our away boys
or there [we can see you sneaking out song] which they sang to those amazingly loyal northern fans who suddenly remembered they had important appointments elsewhere at about 9-30
starmandb

Postby Gunner Down Under » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:01 am

Trina wrote:
Forest wrote:Excellent game and pleased with the outcome, credit to Leeds for having a go, makes a change to the ten men behind the ball strategy.

If he is, Leeds will have a very good player. I've seen him play much better than he did tonight.

I agree about Leeds too, was an excellent game to watch and I wish more games were like this one! (In some ways). They never stopped throughout the game. Kasper as I said months ago is an excellent gk.

To be honest, I hope Leeds do get promoted to the Prem. They deserve it and I do like to watch them play. If they don't though, imo a lot of their best players will leave and I think then they will struggle.

Would be a fantastic turn-around for Leeds, I only watched a few minutes of the tail end of the game but they look good.

They would be capable of pulling off some good wins in the PL, if they did make it up there I don't think they would get relegated.......... but yet again look at Derby and WBA, decent in the Championship but failed in the Premier League. (I'm referring to the seasons where Derby came 3rd and finished with 11 pts the season after, and with WBA when they topped the Championship but finished last in 08-09)

But there are quality teams in the Championship though, I don't think they'll be in the top 2 but could get through in the play-offs.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:47 am

starmandb wrote:leeds fans were getting an awful lot of bumming up on itv last night but there was no mention of our away boys
or there [we can see you sneaking out song] which they sang to those amazingly loyal northern fans who suddenly remembered they had important appointments elsewhere at about 9-30

Yeah I heard us singing that as well.

:grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11