West Ham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/01/11

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 15/01/11

Postby Dejan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
Dejan wrote:
Goose wrote:
Dejan wrote:goodgame.! djourou was poor tho

Djourou had to defend the whole of the right by himself, Eboue went missing for most of the match

Eboue was OK imo. And Djourou was just poor, sleeping and sloppy backpasses. Against a better striker we would have conceded 2 goals

Have to disagree. Eboue was great going forward, shit in defence. That doesn't excuse Djourou though. He was muck today.

I agree with that, but tbh he wasnt much in defense since we were pretty much in control, so not really to defend alot.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:28 pm

Djorou needs to get his head straight. Dunno how many times now I have seen him trying to shield the ball and then get robbed or get us under pressure.

If in doubt hoof it out!
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:31 pm

It was one bad game out of the last 12 PG2, we didn't get punished and Djourou has been flat out lately, playing in nearly every game the last few weeks.

Even you can afford him some breathing space surely? Given how magnificent he has been.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:32 pm

What a great match for my first away one. Enjoyed it thoroughly, even though the view was f***ing awful.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:34 pm

IMF wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Chamakh still can't get a run? WTF did he do to piss Wenger off?

Had an orgy w/ 3 Swedish meatballs.... I mean Blondes.

Yeah his head isn't in it recently.

If it was then she could join up with sticky vicky in benidorm! ;)

Great game today & just what we needed after the last 2 games, have to agree that Djourou went to sleep again today but at least we kept a clean sheet, good to see the Pers starting to find his form again.

Also in agreement with fabs, (doing this waaay too often when i come on here now!) hope the *** scum beat the mancs, but part of me wants us to do it even if it is towards the end of the season, that is providing they aint won it by then, do to them what they did to us....and end their unbeaten run, before they can match our old invincibles.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Est83 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Djourou was called in to action far too often when Eboué got lost going forward, other than that, position wise he was on teh ball as he has been all season. My only beef with Djourou today was how calm he was, and how many have said, he tried to shield the ball or pass it out of trouble at times when he should have just popped the ball with a toe punt!

It nearly got him in trouble a few times today, so hopefully he'll have learnt from it.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:43 pm

GunnGunn wrote:It was one bad game out of the last 12 PG2, we didn't get punished and Djourou has been flat out lately, playing in nearly every game the last few weeks.

Even you can afford him some breathing space surely? Given how magnificent he has been.

I said earlier he has been solid apart from the last 2 games.

Its not like I am saying chuck him out of the team. Just saying he needs to get his head straight.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Est83 wrote:Djourou was called in to action far too often when Eboué got lost going forward, other than that, position wise he was on teh ball as he has been all season. My only beef with Djourou today was how calm he was, and how many have said, he tried to shield the ball or pass it out of trouble at times when he should have just popped the ball with a toe punt!

It nearly got him in trouble a few times today, so hopefully he'll have learnt from it.

For me this clearly shows how important Sagna is to us. He is out for 3 games and we look defensively so dodgy. Today I have no idea how we managed to keep a clean sheet.

Eboue was really good offensively today which to me clearly shows he is not a RB. He never was, he was always a RW and it showed in the three games. Defensively he was shite. Thank God Sagna is back.

Btw how awesome was Wilshere? I realised today that Wilshere and Cesc in midfield just make us so f***ing fluid. Wilshere has made a huge difference. He has for sure improved us, he has vision, I like the way he glides and makes direct runs and he is a gret passer. The only thing missing is his finishing. It will come. If we are able to keep Cesc and Wilshere for a few years I really think we will dominate for some time.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:10 am

ProudGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:It was one bad game out of the last 12 PG2, we didn't get punished and Djourou has been flat out lately, playing in nearly every game the last few weeks.

I said earlier he has been solid apart from the last 2 games.

Its not like I am saying chuck him out of the team. Just saying he needs to get his head straight.

SGW Likes PG's post. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Est83 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:10 am

I'm not too sure about your assessment of Eboué.

He was our right back the season we got to the CL final and he was amazing that year. The only reason he turned shit, and the only reason people turned against him was because he was moved to the right wing by Wenger and it didn't work for him. For a while now he's been between the two positions.

Today, position wise, I'd just just put it down to him not having played for a long time. He makes it on the pitch every now and then, but usually as a winger. This season he's only covered Sagna's injuries or made 10 minute appearances at the end of games. If we had to rely on him long term, I have no doubt that he would eventually come good after a handful of games.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:13 am

Definitely agree with what you said about Wilshere though. He has that vision that no other English player has at the moment, you can see his future lies on the edge of the box, behind the strikers pulling the strings.

There really isn't that much difference between Wilshere now and Cesc at that age. Wilshere's obviously is a bit more robust, and more willing to run with the ball than Cesc was at that age, but the vision and touch, ability to create space... born to be a playmaker!!!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:36 am

Est83 wrote:I'm not too sure about your assessment of Eboué.

He was our right back the season we got to the CL final and he was amazing that year. The only reason he turned shit, and the only reason people turned against him was because he was moved to the right wing by Wenger and it didn't work for him. For a while now he's been between the two positions.

Today, position wise, I'd just just put it down to him not having played for a long time. He makes it on the pitch every now and then, but usually as a winger. This season he's only covered Sagna's injuries or made 10 minute appearances at the end of games. If we had to rely on him long term, I have no doubt that he would eventually come good after a handful of games.

I agree.

As for Wilshere, he was much better today than he has been for ages, although to be fair that could just be because Wet Spam were so shite.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though.

;)
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:46 am

Est83 wrote:I'm not too sure about your assessment of Eboué.

I dunno, he played vs Leeds, Ipswich and now West Ham. Its not like they are top sides. Even if he isnt match fit and is at 70% he should not be making the kind of repeated mistakes he made in these games. Anyway, cant wait for Sagna to be back, he has been very very good this season.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:49 am

Est83 wrote:Definitely agree with what you said about Wilshere though. He has that vision that no other English player has at the moment, you can see his future lies on the edge of the box, behind the strikers pulling the strings.

There really isn't that much difference between Wilshere now and Cesc at that age. Wilshere's obviously is a bit more robust, and more willing to run with the ball than Cesc was at that age, but the vision and touch, ability to create space... born to be a playmaker!!!

Yup, and I am suprised he isnt in the england team. He is exactly what England have been missing but I have to say one thing though, I doubt he will look good in an england team surrounded by players that are technically weak and unable to pass. I just think Arsenal's style suits him and the players around him suit him.

When he goes and plays for England who only make backwards and sideways passes I am not so sure he will fit in.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:13 am

Well Sagnas suspension is over

How good was Clichy's clearances towards the end?

One of them went all the way to Rob Green!
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11