Ipswich Town vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 12/1/11

Re: Ipswich Town vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 12/1/11

Postby ProudGooner » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 am

Forest wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:
Forest wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:Don't read it then. That's sound. Not my cuppa tea to come on here after we win spoutin off how we're in contention to win the league, how we'll get the better of Barcelona this year, how Jay Emmanuel Thomas is some amazin prospect for the future. I'd rather talk about things that have happened as opposed to things that won't.

So why come on here and moan like fk when we lose? Your not bothered when we win but feel the need to have a good moan when the result doesnt go our way.

Starting to see SE and Libs points about our fans.

Because I'm talkin about the bigger picture. Not bothered when we win? Not quite, mate. I don't think when we beat Chelsea 3-1 that we're gonna win the league. Why? Because I don't think we've got the mentality or the personnel to do so. I'm not gonna come on here rejoicin in a win and going over the top, when I know deep down we haven't got what it takes. How many games have we lost this season? We're just over half way and I've lost count and believe you me, there's at least 5 more to come. I don't get the hump when I'm on a matchday thread after a win and a fair amount of folk are goin mental, talkin about winnin the league, doin over Barcelona, how we play the best football in Britian. People are entitled to believe what they want and express it. Good luck to em. I'm not askin you to look back on my posts, but even when I'm criticisin or bein negative about the team/individuals/manager, I don't do so in a way where I'm effin and blindin, slaggin off players/the manager. I just say what I see. There's players at Arsenal who's corners I'd argue for hours and hours, because I think they're great and I'm proud to have em in my team. But, there are players that I don't have a great deal of belief in and aint particularly fond of. There just my opinions. I'm sorry if it offends anybody who's taken a great deal of time on PhotoShop doin a signature of avatar.
I think any Arsenal fan has got a right to criticise after the past two performances. I'd be shocked if people didn't.

I agree your posts are constructive and not full of stupidness, player picking and swearing like PG2, but in same way im not asking you to say were going to destroy everyone after a win.

Stop acting like a prick.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Trequartista » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:42 am

The main reason im pissed of toninght is that my Ipswich fan mates will never let me live this down. terible performance especialy from players who are attemting to stake a claim in the starting XI, Arshavin yet again and Bendter did nothing constructive.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:32 am

Bendtner was poor but as a CF he relies on service.

Without service, the Drogba's, Rooney's, Chamakhs and all other players of that ilk would be NOTHING.

Bendtner had no service tonight, ONE pass from Walcott who has such a lack of footballers brain he didn't realise that nobody in the squad can keep up with him and played a pass into no mans land.

He annoyed the f**k out of me but there were several players worse, a lot worse, he didn't do much right, but he didn't do anything wrong, he was isolated up front because Walcott and Arshavin decided to play deep and Fabregas decided to take passing lessons from Diaby.

We need to switch back to a 4-4-2, we don't even play a proper 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, we play a glorified 4-5-1, the striker is ALWAYS isolated and then they get berated for trying to get involved in the game when the other players finally decide to wake up...

Get Wilshere on the bench, get Nasri on the left, get Walcott on the right, get Song and Fabregas in midfield and play RvP and Bendy/Chamakh up top.

Right now Wilshere is a luxury player in midfield, someone there to keep it ticking over, we need to be more direct.

And seriously, someone needs to tell some of these players to shoot, why are Fabregas, Wilshere etc so afraid? You see them wanting to do it and then suddenly something pulls them back like a little Wenger in their head going "NO, NO, youz muzt pass and ze pass to err to err create ze perfecto goal"

No, we need to develop some sort of lethal streak to our game, its becoming beyong a joke now.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby JackMan86 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:01 am

We were shit last night, utterly frustrating to watch most of the time.

Why the f**k are we always trying to walk the ball through the defence? It clearly doesn't work when Ipswich were defending heavily? All that happens then is that we lose the ball inside the 18 yard box and then get caught on the break, just like we did.

Little tip Wenger......tell them to SHOOT!!!!
KROENKE OUT GAZIDIS OUT HILL-WOOD OUT

USMANOV IN
JackMan86
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby JackMan86 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:10 am

UFGN wrote:Who gives a shit, its only the carling cup. This club is usually above competing for it so i dont see what all the fuss is about.

Errr because we've won f**k all for 5 years now and need to win a trophy, beggars can't be choosers!

What is it with people always dismissing the Carling Cup? A trophy is a trophy at the end of the day and judging by the last two Arsenal performances it is probably the only piece of silverware we have any hope of winning this season! Champions League? Forget it, Barcelona will destroy us. FA Cup? Unless they pull their heads out of their arses Leeds will beat us. Premiership? I'd love to say we will win it, especially with how badly other teams are playing but unless Arsenal find some consistency we will finish 3rd....again.

Sorry for being negative, just one frustrated Gooner here!!
KROENKE OUT GAZIDIS OUT HILL-WOOD OUT

USMANOV IN
JackMan86
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby GoonerGetYA » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:24 am

Ha ha ha ha am i the only one that found last night hilarious?

We lose, to a side that hasn't won is weeks, is right down there in the championship, got spanked by Chelsea and just sacked their manager! and they BEAT us ha ha ha ha ha Sorry i found it f**king hilarious.

And we can't hide behind the, it was the kids we had a bloody strong line-up.

Once again proving, when it matters.... They Bottle it!

Never mind, maybe we'll just manage to beat them in 2 weeks time!
If Ipswich go through, we'll be a laughing stock!
A new hope
GoonerGetYA
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:07 am

Feels like I've said this many times before but if Cesc is the heartbeat of your team and he's off form then you don't have a prayer.
He must've given away 60% of all his passes last night. Wenger should've subbed him.
Not that it's all his fault, Theo's crossing was awful, Chamakh, Arshavin and Bendtner created nothing and ultimately Ipswich wanted it more.
They were desperate to impress the new boss and didn't let us have one second on the ball. Incredible team spirit and congrats to them because their work rate was unbelievable.

I'm sure we'll spank them at home anyway....
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 am

We lose to a side that has won in donkey years, that got smashed 7-0 by Chelsea and are supposed to be low on confidence. To make matters worse this was almost their B Side as they had injures and suspensions.

What a disgrace. They are bottom of the Championship and I was thinking we will beat Leeds away. I am beginning to doubt that very much now.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby maslo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 am

GoonerGetYA wrote:Ha ha ha ha am i the only one that found last night hilarious?

We lose, to a side that hasn't won is weeks, is right down there in the championship, got spanked by Chelsea and just sacked their manager! and they BEAT us ha ha ha ha ha Sorry i found it f**king hilarious.

And we can't hide behind the, it was the kids we had a bloody strong line-up.

Once again proving, when it matters.... They Bottle it!

Never mind, maybe we'll just manage to beat them in 2 weeks time!
If Ipswich go through, we'll be a laughing stock!

nah i found it funny too eventually but only cos im so sure we will knock a few past em at home. I wont be laughing if we dont get the win in a couple of weeks.

disagree with you saying we bottled it when it mattered wait till the outcome of the return leg before you make a decision on that.

Just the usual arsenal complacency. theyappeared to go out there with the belief that everyone had, that it was gonna be a walk.
and yet again a lowly team show spirit and a good team performance.
I never expected them to score tho the amount of times priskin was through, our defence was laughable! we have the concentration of a three year old. the amount of times djourou had to get kossy out of the shit.
but low and behold they get one and we can't even reply!

how do away goals work in the carling cup? i have a feelings its something strange like they count in normal time then they dont mean anything if it goes all the way.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Van The Man Persie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:17 pm

A shocking game from us. Not only losing to a team that are fighting relegation in a lower league and that had just lost 7-0 to our London rivals but to be outplayed is just humiliation.

Not one player from our side can hold up their head high after that.

It was embarrassing and i have real doubts whether we can turn it around in the 2nd leg. Truly pathetic.
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Van The Man Persie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Away goals count only after extra time
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby maslo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:40 pm

ah i see cheers.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Van The Man Persie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Its a rather ridiculous rule.

We get 90 minutes to score an away goal. Ipswich will potentially get 120 mins
Van The Man Persie
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:32 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Bendtner was poor but as a CF he relies on service.

Without service, the Drogba's, Rooney's, Chamakhs and all other players of that ilk would be NOTHING

Bendtner had no service tonight, ONE pass from Walcott who has such a lack of footballers brain he didn't realise that nobody in the squad can keep up with him and played a pass into no mans land.

He annoyed the f**k out of me but there were several players worse, a lot worse, he didn't do much right, but he didn't do anything wrong, he was isolated up front because Walcott and Arshavin decided to play deep and Fabregas decided to take passing lessons from Diaby.

We need to switch back to a 4-4-2, we don't even play a proper 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, we play a glorified 4-5-1, the striker is ALWAYS isolated and then they get berated for trying to get involved in the game when the other players finally decide to wake up...

Get Wilshere on the bench, get Nasri on the left, get Walcott on the right, get Song and Fabregas in midfield and play RvP and Bendy/Chamakh up top.

Right now Wilshere is a luxury player in midfield, someone there to keep it ticking over, we need to be more direct.

And seriously, someone needs to tell some of these players to shoot, why are Fabregas, Wilshere etc so afraid? You see them wanting to do it and then suddenly something pulls them back like a little Wenger in their head going "NO, NO, youz muzt pass and ze pass to err to err create ze perfecto goal"

No, we need to develop some sort of lethal streak to our game, its becoming beyong a joke now.

Don't agree with that first statement there.
Most great centre forwards can fashion some sort of chance out for themselves and if they can, just make a general nusiance of thmeslves all night... Bendtner didnt do that. he was more intrested in coming short and laying it, and at one point i actually noticed him out on the wing giving the ball to walcott!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby IMF » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:14 pm

FOUR FOUR TWO
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR