Ipswich Town vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 12/1/11

Re: Ipswich Town vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 12/1/11

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:55 pm

Forest wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:Don't read it then. That's sound. Not my cuppa tea to come on here after we win spoutin off how we're in contention to win the league, how we'll get the better of Barcelona this year, how Jay Emmanuel Thomas is some amazin prospect for the future. I'd rather talk about things that have happened as opposed to things that won't.

So why come on here and moan like fk when we lose? Your not bothered when we win but feel the need to have a good moan when the result doesnt go our way.

Starting to see SE and Libs points about our fans.

Because I'm talkin about the bigger picture. Not bothered when we win? Not quite, mate. I don't think when we beat Chelsea 3-1 that we're gonna win the league. Why? Because I don't think we've got the mentality or the personnel to do so. I'm not gonna come on here rejoicin in a win and going over the top, when I know deep down we haven't got what it takes. How many games have we lost this season? We're just over half way and I've lost count and believe you me, there's at least 5 more to come. I don't get the hump when I'm on a matchday thread after a win and a fair amount of folk are goin mental, talkin about winnin the league, doin over Barcelona, how we play the best football in Britian. People are entitled to believe what they want and express it. Good luck to em. I'm not askin you to look back on my posts, but even when I'm criticisin or bein negative about the team/individuals/manager, I don't do so in a way where I'm effin and blindin, slaggin off players/the manager. I just say what I see. There's players at Arsenal who's corners I'd argue for hours and hours, because I think they're great and I'm proud to have em in my team. But, there are players that I don't have a great deal of belief in and aint particularly fond of. There just my opinions. I'm sorry if it offends anybody who's taken a great deal of time on PhotoShop doin a signature of avatar.
I think any Arsenal fan has got a right to criticise after the past two performances. I'd be shocked if people didn't.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Forest » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 pm

lucifer82 wrote:
Forest wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:Don't read it then. That's sound. Not my cuppa tea to come on here after we win spoutin off how we're in contention to win the league, how we'll get the better of Barcelona this year, how Jay Emmanuel Thomas is some amazin prospect for the future. I'd rather talk about things that have happened as opposed to things that won't.

So why come on here and moan like fk when we lose? Your not bothered when we win but feel the need to have a good moan when the result doesnt go our way.

Starting to see SE and Libs points about our fans.

Because I'm talkin about the bigger picture. Not bothered when we win? Not quite, mate. I don't think when we beat Chelsea 3-1 that we're gonna win the league. Why? Because I don't think we've got the mentality or the personnel to do so. I'm not gonna come on here rejoicin in a win and going over the top, when I know deep down we haven't got what it takes. How many games have we lost this season? We're just over half way and I've lost count and believe you me, there's at least 5 more to come. I don't get the hump when I'm on a matchday thread after a win and a fair amount of folk are goin mental, talkin about winnin the league, doin over Barcelona, how we play the best football in Britian. People are entitled to believe what they want and express it. Good luck to em. I'm not askin you to look back on my posts, but even when I'm criticisin or bein negative about the team/individuals/manager, I don't do so in a way where I'm effin and blindin, slaggin off players/the manager. I just say what I see. There's players at Arsenal who's corners I'd argue for hours and hours, because I think they're great and I'm proud to have em in my team. But, there are players that I don't have a great deal of belief in and aint particularly fond of. There just my opinions. I'm sorry if it offends anybody who's taken a great deal of time on PhotoShop doin a signature of avatar.
I think any Arsenal fan has got a right to criticise after the past two performances. I'd be shocked if people didn't.

I agree your posts are constructive and not full of stupidness, player picking and swearing like PG2, but in same way im not asking you to say were going to destroy everyone after a win.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby IMF » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:16 pm

I was dying for a shit at half time and I held it in and now I'm constipated slightly. F*ck you "insert any players name here". You did this to me. I could've gone and happily taken a merry shit instead of watching that shit.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:21 pm

I just say what I see, that's all, mate. I don't expect anyone to agree, we're all entitled to our opinions. I think why I do post when I do and the way that I do is merely down to my frustration with the squad/club.
Yer know, I'm sick to the back teeth readin interview after interview from players who have done sod all in the game, tellin us, the fans how they're mature now, don't get bullied, want to win every competition etc etc. Seein these young professionals, all flash sods with big mouths. That's fine if they play like they actually believe what they're sayin, but when I watch us sometimes, I see far too many players who look petrified of makin a mistake and players who look lost. I've just read an Arsenal blog on NewsNow that I've never seen before and the author summed it up for me:

"The surprising thing about the result was that it wasn’t all that surprising. And, in keeping with the mood of the night, I can’t be arsed to analyse the Arsenal players’ performances, because the only question would be: what performances? After we beat Chelsea 3-1, which let’s remember was just over a fortnight ago, the Arseblog was titled “I hope this is the real Arsenal”. We all did. But it’s not looking good is it?"
"What’s particularly depressing is how easy it seems to play against us. How readily we give up results to teams that they’ll crow about it for weeks, months and even years to come. West Brom, Leeds (ugh) and – I can barely type it – Spurs. Nobody’s scared to play the Arsenal. And why would they be. Just sit deep, be organised, and flip straight balls over the top and wait for one to come off." Arse2mouse Blog

I think he's right. We don't scare teams anymore. I'm talkin about intimidatin, mentally beatin them before they walk on the pitch. Yeah, a few teams will be wary of us cos we're capable of some good play, but too many teams know first hand how to beat us and other teams are pickin up on it. I'm sorry, I get embarassed seein my club, of its size, standin, reputation and resources available play and look so painfully abject against lower level opposition twice in a week.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby IMF » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Show the spoiler
Wow you're clever enough to reveal this so therefore you're clever enough to know the truth... we're not really that good. We're lucky the rest of the league is so shit that we are still somehow 3rd.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler

AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby IMF » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 pm

I'll tell you all what the insulting thing is... their caretaker manager said that he knew 10 mins into the game that we would never score.

A caretaker manager of a championship team 6th from bottom could see it.

But... Wenga did not see it.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler

AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gooner90 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 pm

we're just lucky this is over 2 legs, we'll still be going to wembley for the final but we need to start creating more chances and take some, over 80mins of the game they had better chances than us and it should have been the other way round
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:30 am

I see IMF is having an absolute field day. Wenger bought your bum buddy Bendtner, you should worship him
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunflash » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:49 am

The team was reeking with arrogance and complaceny. They seemed to think that all they needed to do was turn up against a team which had shipped seven at the weekend. Such an attitude is pretty arrogant from our fans and it is positively criminal in the team. Wenger mixed the team up but I didn't see anything from Eboue (being turned inside out by a Championship winger!), Denilson or Bendtner to suggest that they deserve to dislodge Sagna, Song and Van Persie. The lack of a cutting edge from Arsenal was worrying. Without Fabregas, Nasri and Van Persie, our attack is depleted. OK, Fabregas did play but I thought he was poor and I put that down to the fact that there is no-one there who provides the options and the impetus that Nasri and RVP do. Arshavin was anonymous and he has really declined from his Euro 2008 performances when he turned Holland's defence inside-out. Our whole demeanour was unforgivable, especially when you consider that this is exactly the same sort of performance that doomed us to second in the ECL group and a last 16 tie with Barcelona (who will surely make mincemeat of Eboue and Koscielny) and cost us home league games against West Brom, Spurs and Newcastle. Worse still, nothing will change. At the Emirates, Arsenal should have too much for Ipswich and this first leg will be dismissed as a bad day at the office. Well we've had too many of these bad days at the office this season and lessons haven't been learned. There's none more blind than those that won't see.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:58 am

Popey wrote:remember the time we played with 11 youngsters in the CC?

wigan [h] 2008 average age of the side was 19 and 8 months
wilshere is still younger than that
we still had 8 players starting tonight 23 or under
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby UFGN » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:03 am

Who gives a shit, its only the carling cup. This club is usually above competing for it so i dont see what all the fuss is about.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:24 am

Popey wrote:when was the last time arshavin made a good corner?

at villa when nasri volleyed in
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:29 am

Always_a_gooner wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:Away goals don't count in CC, right?

I think they do

only after extra time
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:41 am

Myrmedus wrote:Well on Arshavin I personally think he needs to be moved on but not because I think he's lazy, because I don't...I simply don't believe he has the fitness required to play effectively in this league. When was the last time you saw him complete a game? He looks fatigued to me, permanently, and unless it's an issue he's got I simply can't see how it's going to get anything but worse as he gets older.

Bendy was terrible IMO, lazy and positionally-lost performance.

Fabregas just had one of those games, it happens - it's like the opposite of Midas' touch.

However on a more general note this just confirms to me that several of our players - most of them in the squad rather than starting XI admittedly - do not have that extra punch required. Playing pretty triangles on the half-way line doth not make a good player or performance, and when it really counts lots of our players lack the decision-making aptitude and conviction to win things...at the moment I feel we rely upon the choice few players who do have this because when they're absent from the team (or having a bad game) you see just how much of a wet noodle we are.

arshavin played 90mins against leeds
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 am

UFGN wrote:Who gives a shit, its only the carling cup. This club is usually above competing for it so i dont see what all the fuss is about.

i do.. i want to win the lot
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11