Ipswich Town vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 12/1/11

Re: Ipswich Town vs Arsenal | Carling Cup 12/1/11

Postby Myrmedus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:35 pm

To backup the post above me aswell: to get service as a CF you need to be in the f***ing box. Bendtner spends so little time in the one place he should be that whenever crosses come in he's away dancing with fairies. It's good to have a CF who isn't lazy and actually helps build-up play but like all things in life you need to balance it out and the top priority always remains getting into dangerous positions to SCORE.

Bendtner isn't an AMC so he needs to start playing like a CF.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:55 pm

The thing is, look at the squads that were played against the other out there, this really shouldn't have been a struggle. How many times have we said this though before? I'm convincined now that we do NOT need to implement the 4-2-3-1 anymore because we lack a CF strong enough to lead the line. Nor should we do a 4-4-2 in my opinion because we lack a fox in the box striker to pair with Robin. What we need to go to is the 4-3-3 again because we have plenty of wingers to dispose and take that pressure off of the central striker by drawing the defense outwards instead of moving up to the 4-3-3 from the 4-2-3-1.

Fabianski
Sagna Djourou Koschielny Clichy
Rosicky Song Cesc
Walcott RvP Nasri
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Est83 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:17 am

The 4-2-3-1 is a 4-3-3... it's just not the way it should be.

The way the Dutch used to play it is the way to go; 4-1-2-3. One holding the midfield, and two creative/attacking midielders. Pretty much what you said, I'm not disagreeing... just correcting. They're both versions of the 4-3-3.

The 1-2 midfield will get Song back to holding the midfield by himself, and it'll also free up a space next to Cesc... and we've got enough creative/attacking midfield players to fill up 10 of those positions, including Jack Wilshere who's been playing out of position all season!

Song
Rosicky/Wilshere Cesc

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:03 pm

GoonerGetYA wrote:Ha ha ha ha am i the only one that found last night hilarious?

We lose, to a side that hasn't won is weeks, is right down there in the championship, got spanked by Chelsea and just sacked their manager! and they BEAT us ha ha ha ha ha Sorry i found it f**king hilarious.

And we can't hide behind the, it was the kids we had a bloody strong line-up.

Once again proving, when it matters.... They Bottle it!

Never mind, maybe we'll just manage to beat them in 2 weeks time!
If Ipswich go through, we'll be a laughing stock!

In fairness, that is probably the worse time to come up against ANY side, those ipswich players were playing for their places with their in-coming manager in the stands as well.
Alot of people underestimate the championship, yes of course we should have beaten them with the quality we have when we decide to turn up, but with all due respect Ipswich gave us one hell of a game. Now im NOT making excuses by no means but Arsenal are used to playing on pristine pitches, and portman rd after all the rain teared up quite easily so did not suit our flowing passing game very well either, we need more long balls even if it means the odd boring boring game now & then, and fgs more shots from OUTSIDE the box rather than trying to walk the damn think in against a team who park 10 men in front of goal.

As for formations half the time it looked like we were playing 1-8-1 the amount of times we got caught out on te counter, and Priskin took the piss out of us & had the game of his life, which im so damn gutted about not only for us as Arsenal but my hometeam, the Swans were odds on to be signing him....cant see that happening now. :(

Anyway in the face of adversity where faith is tested, im doing my utmost to keep it!
We'll march on, we'll win the 2nd leg & i/we can start singing She Wore. Amen.

:arsenal3:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11