Arsenal vs Leeds United | FA Cup 8/1/11

Re: Arsenal vs Leeds United | FA Cup 8/1/11

Postby starmandb » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:47 pm

AvA wrote:denilson always seems to give away penalties.

2nd he has given away in 140 games for us the only other 1 was boltons 2nd at the emirates last season
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:59 pm

starmandb wrote:
AvA wrote:denilson always seems to give away penalties.

2nd he has given away in 140 games for us the only other 1 was boltons 2nd at the emirates last season

Hand ball vs Partizan Belgrade in September
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ProudGooner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Today was pure bad luck and bad finishing.

We had soo many chances. Leeds got gifted a penalty.

Cesc was harsh but absolutely right. At this level a professional footballer should not be giving a penalty like that.

Denilson was actually pretty good offensively just went to sleep defensively a few times.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:34 pm

GET IN
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Est83 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:30 am

GunnGunn wrote:He lacks technique that defines the Arsenal way from any other way, but his skill on the ball is excellent (As he demonstrated a few times today)

He doesn't look like a conventional Arsenal player of today, but i think thats a good thing, because it "Works".

Bendtner reminds me of the types of striker Arsenal used to have, ones that could play superb football but had the intelligence and power of more conventional CF's.

He is never going to be RvP or Eduardo, but thats not a bad thing.

Arsenal rely far too much on this arty farty, sideways passing malarky, Bendtner mixes the best of both worlds.

Good points. I agree 100% that in this team, he appears very un-Arsenal. But like you that's the thing I appreciate the most, the fact that he offers something different.

I know the first touch and the finishing will improve with age (although I have my doubts over how natural his finishing ability is), so that's not too much of a concern for me. Like I said, I'm patient and I respect the fact that he's still only 22. And I don't expect him to drop deep and create like RvP.

However, on the ball (imo) he looks awkward, uncomfortable and almost amature at times. I know that in his natural role he's not expected to link up play that often, he's supposed to be on the end of throughballs and crosses. But this is still an area of his game that needs improving should he be successful at Arsenal, especially if he's palying as a lone striker.

This is probably a flaw that would be less obvious if he was the more advanced of two strikers.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 am

Swan wrote:we are in scramble mode we never score when we are like this

never?
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 am

Arshavinfan wrote:We're still in the Carling Cup I suppose.

and the fa cup with 14 minutes to go
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:24 am

Dejan wrote:walcott, you're shit.

thank f**k you,re on a keyboard and not at the ground with your non booing booing and frankly totally wrong observations
starmandb

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:30 am

ProudGooner wrote:Today was pure bad luck and bad finishing.

Cesc was harsh but absolutely right. At this level a professional footballer should not be giving a penalty like that.

Denilson was actually pretty good offensively just went to sleep defensively a few times.

Cesc wasn't harsh enough IMO. To start with I thought he was but not after listening to Walcott's interview. He's a disgrace and I can see the whole of English football getting on his back to be honest.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:34 am

Yorkyblue wrote:

Cesc wasn't harsh enough IMO. To start with I thought he was but not after listening to Walcott's interview. He's a disgrace and I can see the whole of English football getting on his back to be honest.

Here we go again just like the whole of Italy got on Mario's back. :rolleyes:
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Forest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:39 am

Just seen the peno and was poor to give away, think hes gone in the summer as Jack has got his place.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:46 am

Walcott apologises over penalty incident

Theo Walcott has apologised to Arsène Wenger and Simon Grayson for diving in the final stages of Arsenal’s draw with Leeds on Saturday.

The winger was hauled down for the last-minute spot-kick that levelled the FA Cup Third Round tie. But, just before that, the home side had also claimed a penalty when the England international appeared to be felled by Alex Bruce. However, speaking afterwards, Walcott admitted he had not been clipped.

“I want to apologise to the managers because I actually dived,” said the 21-year-old. “I was trying to win the penalty.

“I said to one of their players ‘would you have done it?’ and he said he probably would have.

“I am not the sort of player to do it but I own up to it and apologise. It is something I don’t want to see in my game.

“I have heard some players say if there is a slight touch go down and it can work both ways. It was one of those things. I am not happy with myself for doing that but I am happy that we got the draw.

"I had a little joke with the referee afterwards saying ‘that was my first dive, can you tell?’

“I don’t have to own up to it and I can’t speak for other players but I have just expressed how I feel. I hope people respect that.”

Walcott did win a legitimate penalty a couple of minutes later and Arsenal nearly forced a dramatic winner in injury time when Denilson’s drive was turned aside.

“Yes, Kasper [Schmeichel] made some great saves and reminds me so much of his Dad,” said Walcott. “It was not really our day today but we could have won it at the end.”

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... y-incident

he's talking about the first pen claim

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:48 am

Forest wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

What has Italy getting on Mario's back because he's black got to do with Walcott admitting he dived to get a penalty? The cheek to laugh at it with the ref after the game as well whilst making the confession...
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:50 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
Forest wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

What has Italy getting on Mario's back because he's black got to do with Walcott admitting he dived to get a penalty? The cheek to laugh at it with the ref after the game as well whilst making the confession...

So the whole of England is getting on Theo's back because of one dive. wow we are impatient.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:50 am

Popey wrote:
he's talking about the first pen claim

Oh so it's fine then cos he dived and didn't get a penalty?

Remember the incident with Eduardo? He got banned with their being no clear proof, even though it got revoked. There is 100% proof on this one for the first ever time.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11