Arsenal vs Manchester City | Premiership 5/1/11

Re: Arsenal vs Manchester City | Premiership 5/1/11

Postby Artillero » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

notreallyhere wrote:Forgot to mention; how come the Arsenal fans booed City at the end? Strikes me as a tad odd. Yes, we came there playing for the draw. We were negative. We had two of our best players out. I mean, were they expecting us to stick an own goal in the net for them? Quietly roll over? At the end of the day your team still have to put the ball in the net, which didn't happen. Our gameplan, like it or not, worked. (I didn't but maybe that's why I'm not a manager and never will be!)

Well, you have probably the most expensive team in the World. You should try playing football with it, frankly.
Artillero
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Est83 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Inchpractice wrote:
Est83 wrote:Looks like the only Prem game we're gonna miss him for is Wet Spam then.

I don't want to jinx it but I think we could beat them with Pat Rice playing at RB.

:rofll:

notreallyhere, you're a big team, you shouldn't be playing for a draw. Relying on your defense and playing the counter game is fine, we face the same thing with ManUre. But Citeh offered nothing today. We're not in Serie A. Show me one Man City fan that enjoyed that performance today and I'll show you one boring c**t.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:21 am

Pleased with today. Had defeat written all over it all week and we somehow managed to drag our way through with a draw. Arsenal started excellent but was missing that last bit.

Glad that the comments on here about Sagna. Had a feeling there would be red tinted specs.

If City played different today we would of lost. Not sure how people can go on at that? End of the day you didn't score. we have kept clean sheets in 50% of games this season I hear. It's what we're about.

Was on about it to my Arsenal friends in the pub. I'm so happy we're up here. We have enough points to stay up so now let's look at Europe! If we're up here in March then let's look for the CL. Knock us all you want but our Italian style is working!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 am

What does make it worse for City is that they were the least attacking team we have seen here all season yet we have lost 3 times including against teams with half the attacking power of City. They know we can be hurt yet they played for the 0-0 draw.

To be fair to them though it is a good result for them and as much as we may think Mancini is a bit cautious he is a great manager imo.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:23 am

notreallyhere wrote:Forgot to mention; how come the Arsenal fans booed City at the end? Strikes me as a tad odd. Yes, we came there playing for the draw. We were negative. We had two of our best players out. I mean, were they expecting us to stick an own goal in the net for them? Quietly roll over? At the end of the day your team still have to put the ball in the net, which didn't happen. Our gameplan, like it or not, worked. (I didn't but maybe that's why I'm not a manager and never will be!)

Only read the first 20 pages until the game was up so missed this. Pretty similar to what I was saying about the game plan.

Another City fan here obviously, my sister runs this site so I'm a resident City fan here!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 am

The way I see it (PERSONALLY and my opinion is not that of the whole forum) is that I feel they were booed simply because City didn't "play football".

Now you can look at it whichever way you see fit, but I'd be absolutely livid w/ Arsenal if they went anywhere with what seemed to be the mindset of "fu(k it, can't be asked to play but we're here so let's just sit back and let the 90 minutes roll by and hope for a 0-0 scoreline at the full-time whistle." (Remember I said SEEMED to be).

They had absolutely no intention of playing the game, none whatsoever and it was evident because we ALL know, City could have taken it to us - I clocked it after the first ten minutes considering the way we were pretty much all over you (n/o Yorky & Notreallyhere).

And on a personal level it reminded me of when I played Sunday league and a team moaned about playing but were forced to by the authorities in charge of the division - And their manager actually turned to ours and said "Well we're not playing. We'll just stand here and make sure you don't go away with the win".

That's kind of what I don't understand about you both "praising" Mancini's tactics (some of the Arsenal boys here too). They didn't even attempt to score first then park the bus. The reversal beeps and cylinders shutting off could be heard before the K.O whistle was even blown.

Again, MY OWN OPINION and not meaning ANY offence to you MCFC supporters.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:52 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Glad that the comments on here about Sagna. Had a feeling there would be red tinted specs.

To see that any differently Yorky, the glasses would have been so tinted that you couldn't even seen through them... :lol:

Sagna is a complete mug for that. Needless and just ridiculous to do that. As I said earlier, when you put your forehead in like that, you're just asking for a red. Zabaleta could have removed all doubt by flailing around on the ground, but hats off for not doing that. But I've seen reds for less "violent" actions.

This is the second time Sagna has gotten himself a stupid red. Just last month he got himself sent off in the 85th min of the last group match of the CL... so he's out against Barca. Douche Bag...

And I honestly feel that Zabaleta should have stayed on. Said it right after it happened too.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:57 am

Leody wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Glad that the comments on here about Sagna. Had a feeling there would be red tinted specs.

To see that any differently Yorky, the glasses would have been so tinted that you couldn't even seen through them... :lol:

Sagna is a complete mug for that. Needless and just ridiculous to do that. As I said earlier, when you put your forehead in like that, you're just asking for a red. Zabaleta could have removed all doubt by flailing around on the ground, but hats off for not doing that. But I've seen reds for less "violent" actions.

This is the second time Sagna has gotten himself a stupid red. Just last month he got himself sent off in the 85th min of the last group match of the CL... so he's out against Barca. Douche Bag...

And I honestly feel that Zabaleta should have stayed on. Said it right after it happened too.

To be honest I'd of gave Sagna a yellow and let Zabs off. Cos of the reds though I feel we should be appealing now whilst Sagna should keep it.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:01 am

Yeah I'd agree with that, and probably have done the same if it were my decision to make.

But even after appeal I'd be surprised if either of them were overturned, and I honestly don't think Arsenal should waste the time.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:21 am

Yorkyblue wrote:Knock us all you want but our Italian style is working!

'Style' is not really the appropriate word in this situation. You can have 'method' at best.

And I totally appreciate that your fans must be ecstatic to be this high up the table but I still say that you could be a lot higher if you didn't play 3 DMs in every game.
You would've won a lot of the games that you drew/lost this season by being a bit more offensive imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:21 am

largely agree with you
it should have been aimed at the ref
4 minutes?
the sending off was 2 mins alone
me ?
i was too busy clapping off the arsenal to worry about booing you
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:25 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:What does make it worse for City is that they were the least attacking team we have seen here all season yet we have lost 3 times including against teams with half the attacking power of City. They know we can be hurt yet they played for the 0-0 draw.

To be fair to them though it is a good result for them and as much as we may think Mancini is a bit cautious he is a great manager imo.

i would say it was odder last year
they had a good chance of getting in the champs league and blew it with an insipid performance
starmandb

Postby Massa » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 am

I heard we hit the bar 4 times :dizzy:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 am

According to SSN - The EXACT timing that *should have been* added at the end of the game, counting substitution(s) the red card(s) etc. Was EIGHT MINUTES, FIVE SECONDS.

Go figure.
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Massa wrote:I heard we hit the bar 4 times :dizzy:

Yep 4 wide shots but you can't count them when they are offside as well! ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11