Arsenal vs Manchester City | Premiership 5/1/11

Re: Arsenal vs Manchester City | Premiership 5/1/11

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Knock us all you want but our Italian style is working!

'Style' is not really the appropriate word in this situation. You can have 'method' at best.

And I totally appreciate that your fans must be ecstatic to be this high up the table but I still say that you could be a lot higher if you didn't play 3 DMs in every game.
You would've won a lot of the games that you drew/lost this season by being a bit more offensive imo.

This is my point from the other thread.

Everyone from other clubs telling us what we should be doing at this end of the table. Practicly calling us a big club. We don't class ourselves there but still get called arrogant.

I think we have won 5 drawn 1 and lost 1 of our last 7 prem games. A defensive performance in one game doesn't concern me!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:According to SSN - The EXACT timing that *should have been* added at the end of the game, counting substitution(s) the red card(s) etc. Was EIGHT MINUTES, FIVE SECONDS.

Go figure.

It's fine arguing this today but you need to look into this every game. Have a look how many times this happens when Arsenal are leading for example. I only ever know people complain about his when they didn#t get the result they wanted.

At the same time, I feel that if City scored after 7-8mins after the 4 mins were shown, people would of gone mental on here saying it's not fair.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:According to SSN - The EXACT timing that *should have been* added at the end of the game, counting substitution(s) the red card(s) etc. Was EIGHT MINUTES, FIVE SECONDS.

Go figure.

It's fine arguing this today but you need to look into this every game. Have a look how many times this happens when Arsenal are leading for example. I only ever know people complain about his when they didn#t get the result they wanted.

At the same time, I feel that if City scored after 7-8mins after the 4 mins were shown, people would of gone mental on here saying it's not fair.

Very true, and good points.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:I thought we played really well tonight, not much more we could have done.

I agree, I was happy with the performance, not the result of course, but I feel better about the team today than I did at this time yesterday. It was two points dropped no doubt, but thats football, it did ended up being "just one of those days" where the ball just didn't go in for us. Three post hit tells it all, we just weren't clinical enough, but bossed the game against a good team. Our confidence was flowing, and thats extremely important right now.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

'Style' is not really the appropriate word in this situation. You can have 'method' at best.

And I totally appreciate that your fans must be ecstatic to be this high up the table but I still say that you could be a lot higher if you didn't play 3 DMs in every game.
You would've won a lot of the games that you drew/lost this season by being a bit more offensive imo.

Everyone from other clubs telling us what we should be doing at this end of the table. Practicly calling us a big club. We don't class ourselves there but still get called arrogant.

Who calls you arrogant though? You keep saying this but I am yet to hear or read this anywhere, just making it up
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

I think we have won 5 drawn 1 and lost 1 of our last 7 prem games. A defensive performance in one game doesn't concern me!

Yea I think most here are being a bit rough on City. We pressured you really well like we did against Chelsea, and you just couldn't get a rhythm going on offense. I don't blame Mancini for his tactics, he got the result he was looking for, and with our defense being shaky sometimes you could've easily nicked a win off of us.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Yea I think most here are being a bit rough on City. We pressured you really well like we did against Chelsea, and you just couldn't get a rhythm going on offense. I don't blame Mancini for his tactics, he got the result he was looking for, and with our defense being shaky sometimes you could've easily nicked a win off of us.

It seems most people are annoyed we didn't play into Arsenal's game plan which would of ended up in defeat for us. They're just not realising that's the case at the minute.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:38 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Who calls you arrogant though? You keep saying this but I am yet to hear or read this anywhere, just making it up

Arrogant was probably the wrong word but we have been told we think we are better than we are and so on. I'll judge how good we are at the end of the season, as it is we're not a top 4 team. There are 'new' city fans and some are all right but a lot are knobs and only following us because of the money. They wouldn't of been here with us 12 years ago like the rest of us, they were probably supporting the rags.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Noomad » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Noomad wrote:I'm satisfied because for the first time before long we now have our eleven. Its the perfect team.

I don't think it's the perfect team, only because I think it can be better.

Imagine that line up with Vermaelen in the side.
Or what about taking off Jack for Rosicky? Or Jack for an on-form Arshavin...?

Totally agree for TV. Of course nothing to say about that.

But sorry Arshavin I've never been a fan mostly because of his way of not being concerned about the defensive part.

What I've seen yesterday, against Chelsea and Birmingham is a team that defends and attack ALL together. Movement is impressive and thats why I've said "perfect team".

With Arshavin, you will have a big hole on the left wing and Clichy obliged to do a two-men work.

What I say is that its interesting to see how the team behave with or without Arshavin. Im sorry for the fans of this guy but he's directly responsible of the unbalance that we had from the begining of this season.
Last edited by Noomad on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noomad
Michael Thomas

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 pm

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/Disciplinary ... eal-060111

City appeal red card. No shock really.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby TRA Dial Square » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:

Go figure.

I'm just repeating what was now revealed on SSN today. - I wasn't throwing a hissy fit about it?
TRA Dial Square
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:42 pm

TRA Dial Square wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Go figure.

I'm just repeating what was now revealed on SSN today. - I wasn't throwing a hissy fit about it?

I wasn't getting on at you mate, sorry if it came across that way. It's been mentioned a few times this last few weeks though on here. Seems strange why SSN picked this game to show that stat. I'm sure most games could end up that way,
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

It seems most people are annoyed we didn't play into Arsenal's game plan which would of ended up in defeat for us. They're just not realising that's the case at the minute.

No that is not a fair comment. We have lost 3 times at home this season including West Brom and Newcastle and we have struggled at other times like in the games against West Ham and Birmingham. We are very beatable at home.... FACT!

I am not that bothered about Mancini's tactics and it was a better result for you but you cannot brush over the fact that the Emirates is not a fortress. It was a kop out by Mancini and it is worthy of being a suprise talking point at the game. There is no way you can say you would have lost, you could very well have won but you were certainly the least ambitious team we have faced this season.

Some people may be getting too wound up by it but it isn't nothing, No top 7 team should be that let alone top 4. Even relegation teams are less timid than that. It is a suprise although it is not a disgrace like some suggest.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

No that is not a fair comment. We have lost 3 times at home this season including West Brom and Newcastle and we have struggled at other times like in the games against West Ham and Birmingham. We are very beatable at home.... FACT!

I am not that bothered about Mancini's tactics and it was a better result for you but you cannot brush over the fact that the Emirates is not a fortress. It was a kop out by Mancini and it is worthy of being a suprise talking point at the game. There is no way you can say you would have lost, you could very well have won but you were certainly the least ambitious team we have faced this season.

Some people may be getting too wound up by it but it isn't nothing, No top 7 team should be that let alone top 4. Even relegation teams are less timid than that. It is a suprise although it is not a disgrace like some suggest.

I think we have got a few things mixed up mate. In no way I was calling Emirates a fortress. Let's be honest though, if you played like that against West Ham, Birmingham, Newcastle and West Brom you would of scored about 6.

I noticed in the first 10 minutes that Mancini was looking frustrated at how we sat back and was urging our players forward, I don't think he intentionally did it to start with but Arsenal came out at us like something else. As the game went on I think we were just forced to do what we did as anything else could of turned out disastrous for us.

I think if you play like that against Barca you will beat them as I can't see them sitting back like City did and you will find the gaps.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:54 pm

I would 2nd that Rev. We have certainly seen more ambitious efforts from much lesser sides. At least when the small teams come in and park the bus they will try to hoof the ball or catch is on the counter, something City looked uninterested in doing.

And it has been said dozens of times already, but a side with title aspirations should be more positive even on the road. You don't see manure come in and play like that.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11