Birmingham Vs Arsenal 01/01/11

Re: Birmingham Vs Arsenal 01/01/11

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:51 am

starmandb wrote:
TRA Dial Square wrote:What a diabolical half, IMO.

I don't know what's gotten into RvP but even as a loyal Arsenal supporter he went down way too easily on the FK that stemmed the goal and he's bloody handballing in the area...

Not too disappointed but we should have been at least 2 up now if not 3.

f**k knows what the commentators were on about? he got a tug and went down
if you don,t want to concede free kicks keep your hands to yourself
he did get lucky with the handball though

If that handball had been given i would have been extremely angry. The reason being it came from a free kick that resulted in Djorou getting booked and conceding a foul which was never a foul in a million years.

Mcliesh being the hypocrite he is was moaning that these days players just go down. Just look at Jerome. He barges into Djorou who holds his ground and not only gets a free kick but also gets Djorou a booking.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Est83 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:19 am

Jerome was a complete piss taker. His stamp on Koscielny looked a litt naughty.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby mg86 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:36 am

Inchpractice wrote:
Zedie wrote:Just watched MOTD. Mark Lawrenson just made an excuse for the tackle on Cesc (potential leg breaker) stating that it was a strong challenge.

They went on to show the stamps by that absolute c^nt Bowyer. Thank F Song crunched him at one point, if i were Sagna, i would have done him as well...

Bowyer was a dirty fouling **** today and should've been sent off at least once. Not surprised the manager subbed him.
Total f***ing arsehole.
Goose wrote:I never want to see Denilson or Diaby start a match again and definitely not start together

Fabregas, Song and Wilshere is our best midfield

I'm not totally convinced of that.
The initial sparkle of Wilshere has worn off a bit now and he can go missing sometimes.
When Jack has an average game (as he has done many times lately) I feel sorry for Denilson because as soon as Jack is not on fire he's no better than Denilson imo.
Remember that he's playing in Denilson's position so he's doing exactly the same jobs. Obviously if Jack was played as an AM he'd be better than Denilson.
Jack is a better dribbler and he likes a fight but Denilson is physically stronger and gives the ball away less.

As for Diaby, he's much better than Jack but of course he needs a run of games to hit form and he rarely gets them because he's always f***ing injured.
If all three were fit I wouldn't start Jack if it were up to me.

I'd have Wilshere over Diaby or Denilson any day of the week. He's been outstanding for us this season and I think he would start over any Englishmen in the country in midfield. He has the creativity and skill of Diaby plus the calm and accuracy of Denilson in the passing. When he starts losing his form or doesn't show up, I'd rather have Rosicky over either of them anyway.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 am

mg86 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
Zedie wrote:Just watched MOTD. Mark Lawrenson just made an excuse for the tackle on Cesc (potential leg breaker) stating that it was a strong challenge.

They went on to show the stamps by that absolute c^nt Bowyer. Thank F Song crunched him at one point, if i were Sagna, i would have done him as well...

Bowyer was a dirty fouling **** today and should've been sent off at least once. Not surprised the manager subbed him.
Total f***ing arsehole.
Goose wrote:I never want to see Denilson or Diaby start a match again and definitely not start together

The initial sparkle of Wilshere has worn off a bit now and he can go missing sometimes.
When Jack has an average game (as he has done many times lately) I feel sorry for Denilson because as soon as Jack is not on fire he's no better than Denilson imo.
Remember that he's playing in Denilson's position so he's doing exactly the same jobs. Obviously if Jack was played as an AM he'd be better than Denilson.
Jack is a better dribbler and he likes a fight but Denilson is physically stronger and gives the ball away less.

As for Diaby, he's much better than Jack but of course he needs a run of games to hit form and he rarely gets them because he's always f***ing injured.

I'd have Wilshere over Diaby or Denilson any day of the week. He's been outstanding for us this season and I think he would start over any Englishmen in the country in midfield. He has the creativity and skill of Diaby plus the calm and accuracy of Denilson in the passing. When he starts losing his form or doesn't show up, I'd rather have Rosicky over either of them anyway.

The creativity and skill of Diaby...? I can't agree with you there.
Diaby is one of the best dribblers in the squad, Jack can dribble but he's not on Diaby's level in that department. Diaby also has strength and height over Jack (who doesn't?) not to mention experience.
Jack can be naive at times and sometimes runs around like a headless chicken.

As for the calm and accuracy of Denilson when passing, I haven't seen that yet. Occasionally Jack can thread through a perfect defence-splitting pass and when it comes off it's superb. He's definitely better at that than Denilson but he gives the ball away far more than Denilson imo.
Can't remember which game it was last year but Jack gave the ball away all game. Eventually he was subbed for Denilson and the whole midfield suddenly looked tighter.
Denilson and Diaby are also far more likely to score than Jack.

I think sometimes people can get carried away with what a revelation Jack has been. For his age he's been superb but when playing next to Song he doesn't bring that much to the game unless he manages to get himself in and around the box.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby castano » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:13 am

geez,its good to be back here again.i could hardly navigate this forum anymore due to changes here and there.its all good though.
Good game for us...Djourou was my MOTM.i'm a little scared Sagna may burn out,he's always fantastic and hardworking.
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:52 am

Inchpractice wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Total f***ing arsehole.

Diaby is one of the best dribblers in the squad, Jack can dribble but he's not on Diaby's level in that department. Diaby also has strength and height over Jack (who doesn't?) not to mention experience.

As for the calm and accuracy of Denilson when passing, I haven't seen that yet. Occasionally Jack can thread through a perfect defence-splitting pass and when it comes off it's superb. He's definitely better at that than Denilson but he gives the ball away far more than Denilson imo.
Can't remember which game it was last year but Jack gave the ball away all game. Eventually he was subbed for Denilson and the whole midfield suddenly looked tighter.

I think sometimes people can get carried away with what a revelation Jack has been. For his age he's been superb but when playing next to Song he doesn't bring that much to the game unless he manages to get himself in and around the box.

I'm trying to figure out if you are being sarcastic or not.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:27 am

He isn't being sarcastic.

Lets face facts PG, the only reason you like Jack is A) Because he is English and B) Because he is dirty.

No doubt he is a fantasticly talented young player and has easily been the best English mid this season but its precisely because he is English that his failings have been glossed over by both fans and especially by the media.

If he was French he would have been called out a few times over some of his performances and the fact he goes MIA.

He is still too raw, when he is flying high he is very VERY good, when he can't get into the game he goes missing, and he gets very rash with his tackles.

I still think fit and on form, Diaby, Song and Fabregas is our best midfield. Trouble is however, Diaby is always injured and its for exactly that reason that Wilshere has played as much as he has done.

Wilshere is a good passer of the ball, he likes to get stuck in, and he is up for a dog fight, Diaby is more skillful, a better dribbler and much more powerful in his runs, not to mention a much bigger goal threat.

If it were upto me however, and Ramsey hadn't had his horrific injury, he would be playing in that CM spot...

He is better than Wilshere, Diaby and Denilson IMO...
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Artillero » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 am

GunnGunn wrote:He is better than Wilshere, Diaby and Denilson IMO...

I didn't wanted to be the first one to say that, but yeah.

Not that I don't expect Jack to be a beast in just a couple seasons, tho.
Artillero
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby GunnGunn » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:12 am

I haven't been the first one to say it on here i don't think...

His performances last season prior to getting injured were sensational, i just hope he comes back stronger.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 am

Good performance.
Was it me or was the crowd exeptional?

Dont think I heard our fans this loud coming out of my TV this season
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:34 am

The midfield three of song, Rambo and wilshere is the future!
Last edited by Arsenal Tone on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:40 am

Also in defence of Jack he has just played pretty much 3 games in a week. I expect him to be rested on Wednesday. He is more physical than diaby and more composed that denilson. I'd have him ahead of both of those by quite a bit, plus he is only going to improve at this stage.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:55 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Bowyer faces a charge for his stamp on Sagna.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Total f***ing arsehole.

Wilshere is much more creative than Diaby. Diaby is a good dribbler and very skillful but he hardly makes any good creative passes. Same is the case for Denilson. That is why when we play those two we lack penetration.

And Wilshere for me gives us what Diaby doesnt, i.e. passion and fight. We lack that in our team wilshere gives it to us.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 pm

GunnGunn wrote:He isn't being sarcastic.

Lets face facts PG, the only reason you like Jack is A) Because he is English and B) Because he is dirty.

No doubt he is a fantasticly talented young player and has easily been the best English mid this season but its precisely because he is English that his failings have been glossed over by both fans and especially by the media.

If he was French he would have been called out a few times over some of his performances and the fact he goes MIA.

He is still too raw, when he is flying high he is very VERY good, when he can't get into the game he goes missing, and he gets very rash with his tackles.

I still think fit and on form, Diaby, Song and Fabregas is our best midfield. Trouble is however, Diaby is always injured and its for exactly that reason that Wilshere has played as much as he has done.

Wilshere is a good passer of the ball, he likes to get stuck in, and he is up for a dog fight, Diaby is more skillful, a better dribbler and much more powerful in his runs, not to mention a much bigger goal threat.

If it were upto me however, and Ramsey hadn't had his horrific injury, he would be playing in that CM spot...

He is better than Wilshere, Diaby and Denilson IMO...

I disagree. You are talking as if Diaby has been amazing. Diaby has had so many years to prove his worth and he is still inconsistent. His performances are terrible one day and then amazing the next.

Wilshere has been good. He has creativity, he can pick out a pass that others (apart from Cesc or Arshavin) cant see. His contribution has been immense. I have also highlighted some mistakes he has made and I agree because he is english there is a bias towards him which means he gets away with a lot more than he should.

But he has been pretty good and his contribution has been greater than Diaby has ever made. We have too many fancy players as it is what we need is some grit. Wilshere gives us some grit and bite in midfield.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11