Re: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/12/10

Postby Noomad » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:39 am

Hangover for me today
can't think and dont want to.
Noomad
Michael Thomas

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Both goals gifted to them, and the ref screwed up the 2 most important decisions in the game other than the straight red for Nzogbia, pen that shouldnt have been & a pen that SHOULD have been! Blatant handball in the box htf did he not see that? errr 5 mtres for a free kick? Shouldnt the linesman have seen it? that what they bloody there for! you lot saw it, i saw it, the pundits saw it & that was without the aid of vid replay! Stonewall. Ref have a lactics shirt on under his nice pink one?
Chances are the handball wasnt given cos a home player was sent off, bunch of corrupt f***ers the lot of them! They expect respect yet they dont get held accountable for their decisions!

The sooner Tommy V is back the better! If there was ever a shout for AW to buy it was last night, We need a world class centre back to partner Vermaelen, Kos will get better but i dont rate Squillaci & that has always been my view not just because of his unlucky OG tonight, you have to give room for human error from time to time but he is not good enough & tonight we were not good enough depsite the abismal officiating.
Should have stuck with the team we put out against the chavs.
I dont buy none of this crap about the team playing Monday, they are proffessional footballers on damn good wages not bloody china dolls, prior to the chavs they had a whole 14 days off due to snow disruptions, Tired? my arse,
Wenger got this grossly wrong, EIGHT changes??? Eboue at LB? :naughty:

14hrs later & im still fuming at this result. Better damn well sort it out for the game at St Andrews, we have ground to make up if we are serious title contenders. :BangHead:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby northerngooner83 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:13 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:In his after match interview Wenger said it worried him that no one took responsibility to organise the team on set pieces. That is entirely his own fault. It's bordering on negligence

Don't think that's exactly what he meant. According to this football betting tips article the actual quote was: "Nobody looks from the outside to take charge on the organisation side. There is no voice when the focus drops a little bit. You don't feel that anybody takes charge on alertness and we need to communicate much better than that. The way we conceded this corner is of course very disappointing but you have to give credit to Wigan."

So it seems it's not about set pieces, just general motivation etc. That's the captain's job.
northerngooner83
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Noomad » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:22 pm

northerngooner83 wrote:So it seems it's not about set pieces, just general motivation etc. That's the captain's job.

And sometimes and more often than some, Fabiansky got it all wrong :

- tottenham
- chelsea
-and yesterday :

Any goalkeeper in the world knows that - on a long ball you stay in the middle. What was he doing and thinking by following the ball ?

I agree that changing 8 players and putting Eboue as a LB is a big mistake but come on the basics are always forgotten...

I blame Arshavin too : he's absent 89 mn and plays only one minute when it suits him. he should be able to kill the game when its time. He should protect his wing too - why do you think he switched with bendtner ?
Because it was too hard for eboue to play with his right foot on the left wing with Mister Not concerned...
So if we resume : he plays one minute out of 90 - forces hes team mates to suffer (eboue, bendtner & sagna) and the luxury of missing a goal at 10 meters...

- Chamakh never agreed on this one. Its Bendtner bis.

- Squillaci has nothing to do in Arsenal.

Sorry I still cant accept yesterday's game.
Noomad
Michael Thomas

Postby Dejan » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Wenger should be slaughtered alive for not starting djourou and not making substitutes, for f**k sake.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/12/10

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

One good thing to come out of the game is Diaby's injury!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:30 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:The sooner Tommy V is back the better! If there was ever a shout for AW to buy it was last night, We need a world class centre back to partner Vermaelen, Kos will get better but i dont rate Squillaci & that has always been my view not just because of his unlucky OG tonight

Djourou?
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:Ya, the win against the chavs will be for naught if we don't follow it up with beating Wigan.

just like our 3-0 win [h] to liverpool in 90/91 meant nothing after a 1-1 draw at luton or our 3-2 win [h] to man utd meant nothing after a 2-0 defeat at sheffield wednesday? its a point taken on the road to a title tilt every point is vital
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Rockin' Robin wrote:
She_Gunner_Wales wrote:The sooner Tommy V is back the better! If there was ever a shout for AW to buy it was last night, We need a world class centre back to partner Vermaelen, Kos will get better but i dont rate Squillaci & that has always been my view not just because of his unlucky OG tonight

Djourou?

Djourou has played well recently and deserves to be ahead of Squillaci and possibly Koscielny in the pecking order, but I still wouldn't have him as a permanent figure in our starting XI.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:40 pm

starmandb wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:Ya, the win against the chavs will be for naught if we don't follow it up with beating Wigan.

just like our 3-0 win [h] to liverpool in 90/91 meant nothing after a 1-1 draw at luton or our 3-2 win [h] to man utd meant nothing after a 2-0 defeat at sheffield wednesday? its a point taken on the road to a title tilt every point is vital

How did I know you'd bring something up. The mancs dropped points the other day and it was our chance to make up ground. They are still ahead of us with a game in hand and they are unbeaten. So yes it does take the shine off beating the chavs, especially since we were winning and they were down to 10 men. Its not as if we should count ourselves lucky. :rolleyes:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:01 pm

IMF wrote:Even though half the team selected are a bunch of morons (obviously Wenger trying to be arrogant in trying to prove that we have a big squad); I blame Wenger mainly for one thing:

Not making a f*cking change until Wigan equalised. A blind man and his dog could see that we were being absolutely f*cking dire in the second half...

oh well... lets see if we can win at Brum for the first time since 1934.

1936/37 brum 1 us 3 37/38 brum 1 us 2
38/39 brum 1 us2
did,nt play there for 10 years between 39/49
63/64 brum 1 us 4
64/65 brum 2 us 3
did,nt play them for 8 years in the league 64/72
81/82 brum 0 us 1
85/86 brum 0 us 1
did,nt play them in the league 16 years 86/2002
02/03 brum 0 us 4
03/04 brum 0 us 3
05/06 brum 0 us 2
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:One good thing to come out of the game is Diaby's injury!

yes fantastic wishing injurys on our players
well done
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:12 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
starmandb wrote:

How did I know you'd bring something up. The mancs dropped points the other day and it was our chance to make up ground. They are still ahead of us with a game in hand and they are unbeaten. So yes it does take the shine off beating the chavs, especially since we were winning and they were down to 10 men. Its not as if we should count ourselves lucky. :rolleyes:

it does,nt mean nothing though it means all 3 points are equal weather you take em off a top or bottom team
starmandb

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:35 pm

Cba to go on a rant about this, there has been enough of it in this thread...

What i will say though is the defence was shocking, there was no reason to change it, yet he did, playing a RW at LB, just amazing...

I think its quite clear that those two french idiots cannot play together in the centre of defence, its either one or the other, or none at all please...

Midfield - meh...

Attack, well, Bendy played wel, Arshavin had a little spell, scored and created in 5 minutes and was then anonymous...

The team did not need to be changed that much, we were let down by several bad decisions but we should not have to rely on decisions to go our way in order to beat relegation fodder like Wigan.

Semi rant over.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Massa » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:45 pm

A couple of games ago Squillaci was our best defender this season, now he's a lumbering fool, can't help but think people are going a little overboard
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11