Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/12/10

Re: Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal | Premiership 29/12/10

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 pm

murphy1118 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:I give up.

Even me, Wengers biggest critic is sticking up for him.

Hear that? He's given up. Bout f***ing time.

Ah, you want me to criticise Arsenal as you don't like me defending them?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:cesc4official Cesc Fàbregas Soler:
Whats the diference between this handball & my 1 vs spurs? Referees dont want us to complain abt them but they make life dificult 4 themself

cesc4official Cesc Fàbregas Soler:
Im not complaining at all, im just saying why on the same thing some refs say its a pen and some not. Is it a rule or just what they feel?

WELL SAID MR FABREGAS

I don't think it's a case of one ref saying it's a pen and another saying it isn't. I think it's more of what he saw and the linesmen helping him out.

If the ref didnt see that then he is not fit to officiate a professional game at any level. Honestly how can you not f***ing see that? He saw it and bottled it.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 pm

ProudGooner wrote:Ok, Team selection was a bit strange but you can understand it. We have a lot of games in a short period of time so we need to rotate. I will accept that.

But when it is 70 minutes and it is 2-1 and Wigan are getting back into the game why is Wenger not doing anything? We beat wolves and I complained about this and I have complained about this so many times. Wenger just sits there more in hope rather than trying to change the game.

Then it is 2-2 and in panic he throws everyone on. As a manager these are the situations where you need to do something and Wenger just sits on his ass and does nothing.

Apart from that I have to say the ref was shocking. The Nzogbia dive was the worse I have seen, he gives a penalty for that. Then we dont get a penalty for that blatant handball how the f**k can you miss that? To be honest we are our worse enemies. One thing that I did not understand is why when Nzogbia dived so blatantly our players just accepted it as if they had done something wrong? Look at the penalty we got vs bham and the bham players all moaned about it after the game during the game and while the incident took place. Our players just showed no anger or passion.

Then when the wigan player so blatantly handled the ball why didnt all our players appeal for it more vigorously?? Compare to the way we reacted to the way Spurs players reacted at the emirates. We are not applying enough pressure on the ref to do something. That was a blatant penalty.

And what do I need to say about Squlli. But that is Wenger's fault he bought him. I remember when I questioned this signing because of the type of defender he was people criticised me. I said at the time we needed someone who will be good in the air and dominate aerial balls and who is physically strong. I looked at Squilli and you can see physically he is not what we needed. People then said its not about height but how high you can jump. Well the answer to that lies in a stat, before this game 45% of our goals have been conceded via set piece. I dont know what is f***ing wrong with Wenger why can he not see this??? Why does he not address this problem how hard is it to fix this????

I think we missed Clichy LOL
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:You can't deny that was a pretty insipid line-up, mate.

We rested Kolarov, Boateng, Barry, Milner and Tevez.

This is why clubs need depth. Blame Wenger for that, not for the team he put out which should of won.

Yours was a home game. Would he have done that away from home vs Wigan?
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:Ok, Team selection was a bit strange but you can understand it. We have a lot of games in a short period of time so we need to rotate. I will accept that.

But when it is 70 minutes and it is 2-1 and Wigan are getting back into the game why is Wenger not doing anything? We beat wolves and I complained about this and I have complained about this so many times. Wenger just sits there more in hope rather than trying to change the game.

Then it is 2-2 and in panic he throws everyone on. As a manager these are the situations where you need to do something and Wenger just sits on his ass and does nothing.

Apart from that I have to say the ref was shocking. The Nzogbia dive was the worse I have seen, he gives a penalty for that. Then we dont get a penalty for that blatant handball how the f**k can you miss that? To be honest we are our worse enemies. One thing that I did not understand is why when Nzogbia dived so blatantly our players just accepted it as if they had done something wrong? Look at the penalty we got vs bham and the bham players all moaned about it after the game during the game and while the incident took place. Our players just showed no anger or passion.

Then when the wigan player so blatantly handled the ball why didnt all our players appeal for it more vigorously?? Compare to the way we reacted to the way Spurs players reacted at the emirates. We are not applying enough pressure on the ref to do something. That was a blatant penalty.

And what do I need to say about Squlli. But that is Wenger's fault he bought him. I remember when I questioned this signing because of the type of defender he was people criticised me. I said at the time we needed someone who will be good in the air and dominate aerial balls and who is physically strong. I looked at Squilli and you can see physically he is not what we needed. People then said its not about height but how high you can jump. Well the answer to that lies in a stat, before this game 45% of our goals have been conceded via set piece. I dont know what is f***ing wrong with Wenger why can he not see this??? Why does he not address this problem how hard is it to fix this????

I think we missed Clichy LOL

You know what? We actually did. That is not because Clichy is amazing but Clichy is much better than Eboue at LB. Eboue is not a LB.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby murphy1118 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
murphy1118 wrote:

You are a Citeh fan on an Arsenal forum. What did you expect? Do your own not love you? Meh, whatever.
murphy1118
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:05 pm

Moan and criticise Wenger all you like. But at the end of the day, man for man those 11 Arsenal players should have been good enough to see off the likes of Wigan. No disrespect to Wigan there in any way, but any team challenging for the title should be able to see off relegation battlers!

I'm more angry that the likes of Bendtner and co. Who moan when not in the first team, played like they were in Sunday league for large parts of the game! Wenger has to address this!

In my opinion, the only thing Wenger got wrong was the timing of the substitutes. To little to late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:06 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

This is why clubs need depth. Blame Wenger for that, not for the team he put out which should of won.

Depends, Wigan is a bad example as it's one of our biggest games in a strange way lol. To use them as an example of what we would of done though with it being a big game to us. We would of probably not gone all out in the previous game with the squad selection and try balance it better across the 3 games.

I know you had Chelsea but I think you could of saved a couple of players still to use today. I reckon Fabregas would of played both if he hadn't been booked so that can't of helped in the middle. I'd of left Walcott or RVP out and played Cham, then replace Walcott or RVP with the other later in the game.

I think your subs were wasted except Diaby coming on as that was tactical. Fabregas got booked on 65 mins I think? HE may as well play the rest of the game as he isn't playing Wednesday. Should of taken Nasri off shortly after for Rosicky, not make a pointless 90th min sub bringing him on for nothing. That 20-25 mins could of been enough to keep Nasri fit for today.

Anyway, I'm rambling now lol. Hope you understand my point though.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

Depends, Wigan is a bad example as it's one of our biggest games in a strange way lol. To use them as an example of what we would of done though with it being a big game to us. We would of probably not gone all out in the previous game with the squad selection and try balance it better across the 3 games.

I know you had Chelsea but I think you could of saved a couple of players still to use today. I reckon Fabregas would of played both if he hadn't been booked so that can't of helped in the middle. I'd of left Walcott or RVP out and played Cham, then replace Walcott or RVP with the other later in the game.

I think your subs were wasted except Diaby coming on as that was tactical. Fabregas got booked on 65 mins I think? HE may as well play the rest of the game as he isn't playing Wednesday. Should of taken Nasri off shortly after for Rosicky, not make a pointless 90th min sub bringing him on for nothing. That 20-25 mins could of been enough to keep Nasri fit for today.

We can argue about the team selection but that is not my biggest gripe. My biggest gripe are the timing of the subs. Why did he wait until it was 2-2 and 80 minutes to bring on the subs? They should have been on after 60 minutes or at the latest 70.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Cheese wrote:Moan and criticise Wenger all you like. But at the end of the day, man for man those 11 Arsenal players should have been good enough to see off the likes of Wigan. No disrespect to Wigan there in any way, but any team challenging for the title should be able to see off relegation battlers!

I'm more angry that the likes of Bendtner and co. Who moan when not in the first team, played like they were in Sunday league for large parts of the game! Wenger has to address this!

In my opinion, the only thing Wenger got wrong was the timing of the substitutes. To little to late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I said earlier. We were beating Wogan and totally on top, then the PLAYERS took their foot off the gas. Wenger made the subs too late as we were badly in need of a change before then.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:12 pm

murphy1118 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
murphy1118 wrote:

You are a Citeh fan on an Arsenal forum. What did you expect? Do your own not love you? Meh, whatever.

Yes, get off our damned forum Yorky. :hiding:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:14 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:

We can argue about the team selection but that is not my biggest gripe. My biggest gripe are the timing of the subs. Why did he wait until it was 2-2 and 80 minutes to bring on the subs? They should have been on after 60 minutes or at the latest 70.

I can agree with that. He should of gone wiser in the Chelsea game as well though like I was saying with an eye on today's game with how bad Chelsea were.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:30 pm

PLAYER RATINGS UP

Sorry for the late show but I am not at home.

I was very disappointed to see them equalise after their main danger man was sent off. We can't keep depending on United to have bad away days.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:41 am

In his after match interview Wenger said it worried him that no one took responsibility to organise the team on set pieces. That is entirely his own fault. It's bordering on negligence
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Artillero » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:29 am

I can't believe he said that. Is he losing it more than usual or what?
Artillero
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11