Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premiership 27/12/2010

Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea | Premiership 27/12/2010

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:17 am

ProudGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Est83 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Est83 wrote:Just took a look at the ratings thread, was Walcott really that good? Sounds like he got man of the match?

He played well after a shaky start. DJ was MOTM for me though. I swear Drogba seemed to be saying well done to him after the game

Have we finally got ourselves a defender that can put a stop to that African beast?

looks like it mate aint scored against him in 204 minutes
06/07
1-1 at stamford bridge djourou had a good game,eboue had a very good game
07/08
on loan at birmingham drogba came on for the last 26 mins opening day of the season and drew a blank

wow, seriously where do you get these stats from and how long it takes you to get them. Also i would like to know if looking at stats is like an obsession or a hobby to you ? just like some like collecting stamps others like to collect coins do you like to collect stats?

I really would like to know more.

not really
i just like things that put the arsenal in a good light
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:20 am

Rockin' Robin wrote:There was a bloke I used to sit next to at the Emirates who recorded the team and statistics (goal scorers, times, cards etc) of every game he went to on a sheet he'd obviously copied loads of times, although he seemed a lot older than I think starman is.

too busy shouting my head off and having a crack for such things
the internet and a fairly good memory is a very handy resource
starmandb

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:22 am

Jay22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Est83 wrote:Just took a look at the ratings thread, was Walcott really that good? Sounds like he got man of the match?

He played well after a shaky start. DJ was MOTM for me though. I swear Drogba seemed to be saying well done to him after the game

Have we finally got ourselves a defender that can put a stop to that African beast?

I f***ing hope so. DJ does look like a no nonsense, PG type defender. He was f***ing awesome yesterday, probably the best game he had in an Arsenal shirt.

Yeah, it probably was

Want to see him play every game vs Stoke, Blackburn, Chelsea, Birmingham, Wolves, Sunderland, Newcastle & Bolton
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

I f***ing hope so. DJ does look like a no nonsense, PG type defender. He was f***ing awesome yesterday, probably the best game he had in an Arsenal shirt.

Yeah, it probably was

Want to see him play every game vs Stoke, Blackburn, Chelsea, Birmingham, Wolves, Sunderland, Newcastle & Bolton

Second that, i feel far more assured with him at the back than Kos and Squilly at the mo. The guy has really stepped up.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:06 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Rockin' Robin wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:Anyone seen TheSun's ratings? look at DJ and Lampy ratings:

Lukasz Fabianski - 7
Bacary Sagna - 7
Gael Clichy - 6
Laurent Koscielny - 7
Johan Djourou - 6 (Bit harsh)
Alex Song - 8
Cesc Fabregas - 8 DREAM TEAM STAR MAN
Jack Wilshere - 7
Samir Nasri - 7
Theo Walcott - 8
Robin van Persie - 7

Petr Cech - 6
Ashley Cole - 6
Paulo Ferreira - 5
John Terry - 5
Branislav Ivanovic - 7
Mikel - 4
Frank Lampard - 6 - (really?!)
Michael Essien - 3
Salomon Kalou - 3
Didier Drogba - 6
Florent Malouda - 4

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... tings.html

They got Djourou's rating upside down... :doh:

ProudGooner, I thought Clichy was alright, I didn't notice many mistakes, although I don't concentrate on him as much as you do because I think he's a good player. I probably notice it more when Diaby gives the ball away to be honest.

Just goes to show that sometimes, people can be blinded by hatred. You could concentrate on the mistakes he made or you could look at all of the interceptions, tracking back, MASSIVE tackles, thankless runs he made to make space for others!

We could all bitch about Cesc and how he gave away some really simple 2 yard passes but we dont, because we prefer to focus on what he did do right.

Yes he made one mistake and yes, it was frustrating because he wasnt really under any pressure but so what, that one mistake didnt lead to their goal, Kos not keeping the defensive line and also putting in some token challenge in on Ivanovic did.

Its not blind hatred. Its the same mistake repeated over and over again. It is a fact. Just think if it had resulted in a goal what would you be saying right now? So because he got lucky and got away with it why do you have to talk differently about his mistake?

Is this the logic that your mistakes will be judged on the result of the game? I dont follow this logic.

By your logic, we could all look at the amount of misplaced passes Cesc was spraying about yesterday and say he's shit/thinking of Barca/cant hack it anymore. I see your point, i got just as frustrated when he dalyed and lost possession, but it was one mistake in a performance that was overall very competent. Clichy played very well yesterday and deserves credit for it.

I Have been one of Clichy's biggest critics this season (other seasons I was all praise) he effed up one time but recovered nicely to stop a cross coming in. He's still not at his best but I would be happy if he played like that every game.

Good analysis.

I bollocked Clichy for being far too casual on the ball, its one of the few things that annoys me about him, i don't want him to look like he has a chili up his arse but a bit more panic would be good.

I thought Koscielny played him into danger as well, when he passed that ball to Clichy when there were other options Essien just came steaming down on him.

In all though, i thought he had a great game, i didn't see any more attacks coming down the left side than the right and if they were it was because A) Cole wasn't attacking for fear of being hit on the counter by Walcott B) When Bosingwa came on he was more adventurous and C) Lampard always drifts over to that side to cross.

I thought Nasri and Clichy both pretty much nullified that side defensively and Clichy got stuck in.

He is a long way away from being back to his best but bar a few moments he is getting more confident, i don't think it helps the fact that he gets absolutely zero cover from any of our right footed defenders so when/If Vermy comes back that should impve things also.

The weakest link in the defence are those two French clowns AW paid nearly £15m for.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 pm

vid of Djourou's contribution

Loved the way he completely man handled Drogba twice in the first half, after which he seemed to give up his usual backing-in tactic
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Git » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:35 pm

What an absolute machine.

Someone needs to show Wenger that video if he doesn't put him in for the next million games.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Forest » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Didnt realise it would include nearly all his passes too lol had a great game though.
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:52 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Zedie wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:
Zedie wrote:
Rockin' Robin wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:Anyone seen TheSun's ratings? look at DJ and Lampy ratings:

Lukasz Fabianski - 7
Bacary Sagna - 7
Gael Clichy - 6
Laurent Koscielny - 7
Johan Djourou - 6 (Bit harsh)
Alex Song - 8
Cesc Fabregas - 8 DREAM TEAM STAR MAN
Jack Wilshere - 7
Samir Nasri - 7
Theo Walcott - 8
Robin van Persie - 7

Petr Cech - 6
Ashley Cole - 6
Paulo Ferreira - 5
John Terry - 5
Branislav Ivanovic - 7
Mikel - 4
Frank Lampard - 6 - (really?!)
Michael Essien - 3
Salomon Kalou - 3
Didier Drogba - 6
Florent Malouda - 4

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... tings.html

They got Djourou's rating upside down... :doh:

ProudGooner, I thought Clichy was alright, I didn't notice many mistakes, although I don't concentrate on him as much as you do because I think he's a good player. I probably notice it more when Diaby gives the ball away to be honest.

Just goes to show that sometimes, people can be blinded by hatred. You could concentrate on the mistakes he made or you could look at all of the interceptions, tracking back, MASSIVE tackles, thankless runs he made to make space for others!

We could all bitch about Cesc and how he gave away some really simple 2 yard passes but we dont, because we prefer to focus on what he did do right.

Yes he made one mistake and yes, it was frustrating because he wasnt really under any pressure but so what, that one mistake didnt lead to their goal, Kos not keeping the defensive line and also putting in some token challenge in on Ivanovic did.

Its not blind hatred. Its the same mistake repeated over and over again. It is a fact. Just think if it had resulted in a goal what would you be saying right now? So because he got lucky and got away with it why do you have to talk differently about his mistake?

Is this the logic that your mistakes will be judged on the result of the game? I dont follow this logic.

By your logic, we could all look at the amount of misplaced passes Cesc was spraying about yesterday and say he's shit/thinking of Barca/cant hack it anymore. I see your point, i got just as frustrated when he dalyed and lost possession, but it was one mistake in a performance that was overall very competent. Clichy played very well yesterday and deserves credit for it.

I Have been one of Clichy's biggest critics this season (other seasons I was all praise) he effed up one time but recovered nicely to stop a cross coming in. He's still not at his best but I would be happy if he played like that every game.

Good analysis.

I bollocked Clichy for being far too casual on the ball, its one of the few things that annoys me about him, i don't want him to look like he has a chili up his arse but a bit more panic would be good.

I thought Koscielny played him into danger as well, when he passed that ball to Clichy when there were other options Essien just came steaming down on him.

In all though, i thought he had a great game, i didn't see any more attacks coming down the left side than the right and if they were it was because A) Cole wasn't attacking for fear of being hit on the counter by Walcott B) When Bosingwa came on he was more adventurous and C) Lampard always drifts over to that side to cross.

I thought Nasri and Clichy both pretty much nullified that side defensively and Clichy got stuck in.

He is a long way away from being back to his best but bar a few moments he is getting more confident, i don't think it helps the fact that he gets absolutely zero cover from any of our right footed defenders so when/If Vermy comes back that should impve things also.

The weakest link in the defence are those two French clowns AW paid nearly £15m for.

Yeah in the first half A Hole was attacking but after he fell asleep and got punished for it that was the end of his adventuring. He did seem frightened by Walcotts pace, which is something as he's still pretty fast.
I still prefer Kos to Squelchy but I agree neither of them are great. Still nice to have some depth at the back for once though.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11