Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/12/10

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/12/10

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:18 pm

UFGN wrote:Im deeply pissed off about this. ive lost a bet with a southern manc at work over this bastard match and ive got to pay up. Our team do not show up for big matches and it seems that no-one respects us or fears us anymore.

That statement is about 3 or 4 seasons old/too late.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:24 pm

UFGN wrote:Our team do not show up for big matches and it seems that no-one respects us or fears us anymore.

Sad to say, yes, even Spurs are becoming optomistic against us. Utd and Chelsea don't fear us, thats plain as day in how they handle us every game they play against us. Not even trying to be negative, but right now we just look like a team that nicks points from all the midtable and crap teams, gets a draw or win against the fourth spot teams, and then contiually loses against direct title challengers. That's why when people get their rosesy tinted arsenal glasses on and say bring on Barca, Real, i'm over here like wtf, we can't even beat utd or chelsea??!!
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 pm

UFGN wrote:Im deeply pissed off about this. ive lost a bet with a southern manc at work over this bastard match and ive got to pay up. Our team do not show up for big matches and it seems that no-one respects us or fears us anymore.

More fool you for betting on us against Man U, the odds are heavily in their favour

Also that's rubbish, they showed a lot of repsect to us last night by parking the bus and playing hoofball - Fungus knows this is the only way to play against us and it works very well. We were just very poor on the night, I have no doubt that had we shown up with a performance that we would have gotten something out of this game.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:24 pm

Well we all woke up to that same old feeling after a big game, at least it was only 1-0 this time. I am still cracking up at that Rooney penalty, £250,000 a week, lol.

I am worried about Wenger, he has always been famed for his tactical ability and intelligence but he has been lacking in those departments recently, especially this season. If he wants to win the CL before he retires he needs to up his game.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I have no doubt that had we shown up with a performance that we would have gotten something out of this game.

Glad to hear the positive post Cyn. I just have to say, doesn't it always seem like we say that each year after a Utd or Chelsea game. "Oh if we had Cesc, RvP or ______ fit we would have atleast gotten a draw" or "If we didn't have a fluke goal and we actually came to play we would've won this one". I just see another loss to Utd/Chelsea everytime, but this year, we have been losing in a much more encouraging way if that is possible.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Myrmedus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:

More fool you for betting on us against Man U, the odds are heavily in their favour

Also that's rubbish, they showed a lot of repsect to us last night by parking the bus and playing hoofball - Fungus knows this is the only way to play against us and it works very well. We were just very poor on the night, I have no doubt that had we shown up with a performance that we would have gotten something out of this game.

United always show us respect in the games, something which I often feel we don't reciprocate. They change their entire style of play to accomodate us.

And that excuse from Wenger is absolutely pathetic. As long as he keeps shelving blame onto other things this will never change. To change you first need to accept fault, and he seems to be incapable of doing so.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm

True. They change everything for just two games in the season, Arsenal home and away.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Myrmedus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Est83 wrote:True. They change everything for just two games in the season, Arsenal home and away.

Chelsea do aswell.

Like I said in an early post, these games are like chess matches nowadays...Wenger doesn't seem to have caught on to that fact :(
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby mg86 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Est83 wrote:True. They change everything for just two games in the season, Arsenal home and away.

Chelsea do aswell.

Like I said in an early post, these games are like chess matches nowadays...Wenger doesn't seem to have caught on to that fact :(

I saw different play against Chelsea away, much more aggressive defensivly, everyone throwing takles. Plan B isn't the solution to everything, lots of times a plan b will just leave you worse off since the players are doing something unnatural that is contrary to their usual chemistry in plan a. Djourou + Fabianski + Cesc= a draw atleast in my opinion in a game like United or Chelsea, plus those two were AWAY games, remember that. Rosicky and Nasri still can't pass like Cesc, he's absolutely unique in the world in his ability there.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Myrmedus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm still angry that RvP wasn't played from the off. Every game he's played in vs. a big team we've had a significantly better points haul because he's a livewire.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:08 pm

mg86 wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:

Chelsea do aswell.

I saw different play against Chelsea away, much more aggressive defensivly, everyone throwing takles. Plan B isn't the solution to everything, lots of times a plan b will just leave you worse off since the players are doing something unnatural that is contrary to their usual chemistry in plan a. Djourou + Fabianski + Cesc= a draw atleast in my opinion in a game like United or Chelsea, plus those two were AWAY games, remember that. Rosicky and Nasri still can't pass like Cesc, he's absolutely unique in the world in his ability there.

What has that got to do with our tactics yesterday? The mancs were clearly playing a defensive game and so we should have attacked them. Instead our formation was very rigid, our attacking players looked like they were told to stay in their lanes and not interchange like they usually do, as such the mancs just swallowed up any attack with relative ease.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Fabs, the attacking players just seems lazy and disinterested to me. Just look at how many times yesterday they were caught flat-footed and slow to react to a rebound or deflection... how many times they started to let up because it looked like a defender was going to cut out the pass, but then didn't and they were "caught sleeping". (Chamakh's rebound is the PERFECT example)

That's my takeaway anyhow. :dontknow:

And to me, that's the most disappointing thing about it.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:18 pm

Oh and just to be clear. When I say we should have attacked them I mean we should have attacked but patiently if that makes sense. We were trying one twos that kept getting cut out, or trying to thread a ball between 4 defenders. They were getting men behind the ball so it would have been a PERFECT time for us to play our passing and probing type of game. We needed to draw them out but instead we tried to run through a wall of players every time, and almost every time it failed.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ProudGooner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm

chelsea do the same, even barca did against us. We are the only f***ing arrogant team in the world that refuses to change its style of play whether it is playing accrington stanley at home or barca away,it is the same style.

There was a post by me expressing my outrage when this very fact was confirmed by fabregas during the summer.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mg86 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:14 pm

Leody wrote:Fabs, the attacking players just seems lazy and disinterested to me. Just look at how many times yesterday they were caught flat-footed and slow to react to a rebound or deflection... how many times they started to let up because it looked like a defender was going to cut out the pass, but then didn't and they were "caught sleeping". (Chamakh's rebound is the PERFECT example)

That's my takeaway anyhow. :dontknow:

And to me, that's the most disappointing thing about it.

Chamakh either is fantastic or not in the game whatsoever. Very stark difference. Why in the world does Wenger change player's games? I think he did it to both Arshavin and Chamakh. Just let him play and stop thinking you know everything. They both came and played awesome upon arrival, but slowly and steadidly they are less and less the player we saw last week.

Song is allowed to do what he wants, starts becoming an essien like threat offensivly and defensivly. Then however, his new freedoms just expose how the rest of the midfield doesn't defend at all and we all blame it on Song. Hilarious but this comes down to Wenger buying to many damn CAM's and not enough box to box and pure cms. This spending phobia is evident in the defense as well with Wingbacks gallore and rookie cbs, but its just avoiding the real problem of a tall powerful cb and a back that can defend.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11