Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/12/10

Re: Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/12/10

Postby Fabrestuta » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Leody wrote:Fabs, the attacking players just seems lazy and disinterested to me. Just look at how many times yesterday they were caught flat-footed and slow to react to a rebound or deflection... how many times they started to let up because it looked like a defender was going to cut out the pass, but then didn't and they were "caught sleeping". (Chamakh's rebound is the PERFECT example)

That's my takeaway anyhow. :dontknow:

And to me, that's the most disappointing thing about it.

It did seem that way and thats exactly why I think we should have played the tippy tap shit that usually drives gooners mad. There was absolutely no space to run into or thread a pass and after a while they seemed to stop trying. If we'd passed the ball about and kept possession the mancs would eventually have to come out and challenge us. At least that might have given us a few openings rather than running into a wall of defence all the time.

We should at least have tried something different rather than doing the same thing for 90 minutes.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby AvA » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Dejan wrote:This game was bollocks.

We lacked believe, tactics and sharpness. The amount of balls we gave away in the first half was
laughable, especially by Wilshere and Song. The boys looked very nervous and rusty. We had problems keeping posession and we didnt created a chance at all. Defense looked nervous aswell in the first half, which almost costed a goal from Nani.

Tactics were bollocks. HOW the f**k are we able to break trough the best defense in the league with ONLY chamahk up front?! its impossible. Chamahk is not a player that can create chances himself, he needs player around him and that was not the case in the first half. Nasri and Shava were playing behind the ball and Chamahk was lonely up front. We should of started with Van Persie and Chamahk together upfront. Only Chamahk is just not good enough against the best defense in the league.

Our big players didnt step up yesterday. Nasri was totally invincible the first half, and had an average 2nd half. Arshavin...What can I say, I hope he gets sold in january and we buy a winger. I would prefer Michel bastos. That lazy little midget doesnt deserve our shirt when he plays like this. Rosicky had a decent game, he worked his ass off.

This team would of beat United:

Chamahk RVP
Nasri Cesc Rosicky
Song
Clichy Djourou Squilacci Sagna
Fabianski

Awful game. And another game lost against a top team :doh:
Sczesny had a good game, looked a bit nervous with his kicks but he made some good saves.
Overall a good performance from him.

Keep up the faith lads :arsenal3:

thats the team we should have played and should play when everyone is avaliable. maybe whack theo upfront if chamakh is having a crapper.
AvA
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 pm

Wilshere deserves to start, I'd have him instead of Rosicky in that formation.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Wilshere deserves to start, I'd have him instead of Rosicky in that formation.

No offense to wilshere, but Rosicky is doing better at the moment. Wilshere is not fully ready yet to start week in week out imo.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 am

I dont understand the people who are having a go at Chamakh and Arshavin.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby AvA » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Chamakh and arshavin are useless more than half the time. Chamakh doesnt seem to have any sort of ability when playing quick football along the ground. atleast with arshavin I sort of knew that he is the sort of player to do nothing for 90 minutes and then win you the game. he does still pop up with moments of brilliace from time to time but I cant see how putting theo in for shavs and RVP in for chams wouldnt make us stronger. we would be so much more dangerous with those two starting.
Fabs

Sagna---Djourou---Vermy---Clichy

Song

Rosicky---Cesc---Nasri

VanP
---Theo

IMO this is our strongest squad when everyone is fit. Although I do think maybe Arshavin could play behind robin if robin was CF
AvA
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby StLGooner » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:03 pm

Chamakh has been good most of the season so far, a few bad games doesn't make him useless. Arshavin on the other hand is useless 98% of the time.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:04 pm

AvA you are talking nonsense. Chamakh is useless? WTF! He and Nasri have scored the most goals for us. This is his first season.

Arshavin has always been like this i.e. lazy. That is the way he plays but he is a genius and he is the kind of guy who can win you a game singlehandedly. Apart from that his record in providing assists and scoring goals is not bad either.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ProudGooner » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Arshavin stats: 20 games 5 goals 10 assist.

Doesnt sound very useless to me.

Before you label Arshavin useless there are many ahead in the queue to him such as Diaby, Denilson, Clichy, Squillaci, Almunia, Rosicky, Vela, Bendtner, RVP e.t.c.

Chamakh 10 goals 3 assists. Doesnt sound useless to me either.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Chamakh 62847564576139871623495871329869354526824 shots 10 goals
Chamakh 56340769325763128794568975691732569872356928734567982456928736587613258952682156 goalscoring positions 10 goals
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Man Utd Vs Arsenal | Premiership 13/12/10

Postby Cheese » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:28 pm

ProudGooner wrote:Arshavin stats: 20 games 5 goals 10 assist.

Before you label Arshavin useless there are many ahead in the queue to him such as Diaby, Denilson, Clichy, Squillaci, Almunia, Rosicky, Vela, Bendtner, RVP e.t.c.

Rosicky? Thought he'd showed better form than Arshavin of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:15 am

Cheese wrote:

How many goals and assists does Rosicky have compared to Arshavin?

See this is the thing, even when Arshavin banged in those 4 goals vs Liverpool I knew one day people will criticise him. Form can go up and down. If you are lazy or someone that doesnt run around like a headless chicken then people will moan about you when your form is not amazing. If your form is good then people ignore your laziness. Arshavin was always lazy but no one complained. He is slightly out of form then everyone complains although recently I have seen signs of improvement in his form lately.

However if you are Clichy, who is loved by the fans, but you keep producing shit performances its ok, no one notices because you run around like a headless chicken every game.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby StLGooner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:33 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
Cheese wrote:

How many goals and assists does Rosicky have compared to Arshavin?

See this is the thing, even when Arshavin banged in those 4 goals vs Liverpool I knew one day people will criticise him. Form can go up and down. If you are lazy or someone that doesnt run around like a headless chicken then people will moan about you when your form is not amazing. If your form is good then people ignore your laziness. Arshavin was always lazy but no one complained. He is slightly out of form then everyone complains although recently I have seen signs of improvement in his form lately.

However if you are Clichy, who is loved by the fans, but you keep producing shit performances its ok, no one notices because you run around like a headless chicken every game.

You can't compare everything with stats, they only show you so much. There are so many other intangibles that go into comparisons that stats can't show, something like pride and actually wanting to play is something that you have to consider. I'd rather have Rosicky any day over Arsh, cause he gives a f**k and brings more to the overall team play than the lazy Russian.

And you're wrong about people complaining when he's out of form, there were questions about his laziness before he even came here, when it was just a rumor still. And I'd rather have a guy on my team that gives 100% but isn't as good, then a guy who could care less about playing and is great.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:17 pm

sorry wrong thread
Last edited by CynicalGooner on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Wrong thread Cyn.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext