Postby Trina » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:20 pm

LOL
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/11/10

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:38 pm

I genuinely thought Clichy had a good game today.
At least two vital blocks on shots that were definitely goal bound, and the way he brought down that pitch-long ball from Koscielny was superb.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:46 pm

ProudGooner wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:
ProudGooner wrote:Every single Aston Villa attack came from the right (our left).

And?

Thats because there is a massive space in front of Clichy for them to run down.

Does the Perfect Clichy ever make any mistakes that can be blamed on him?

Everything seems to be someone else's fault.

Clichy isn't perfect, but he isn't shit, he is a top LB.

End. Of. Story.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:54 pm

You both wrong

Clichy aint shit but he aint a top left back either. Fence sitting ftw
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 am

CynicalGooner wrote:You both wrong

:lol:

PG2... The thing is mate, you're singling out Clichy on a decision that he arguable got wrong without even giving and mention of the fact that the reason he was tasked with that decision was because both centerbacks were "marking ghosts" as you put it. The whole thing arose from them making errors, and you over look that to take the chance to attack Clichy. It isn't fair in my opinion, and apparently the opinion of most others as well.

Koscielny also stood off Clark for no reason, but you don't say anything about that. Koscielny and Squillaci both were standing on the six ball watching. If either of them would have attacked the ball after if deflected to Clark we wouldn't be having this discussion, but they didn't. So why is it Clichy's fault alone? He should have been left to mark Young with both Koscielny and Squillaci closing down on Clark since Carew was just standing behind them in an offside position.
Last edited by Leody on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby mg86 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 am

Thank you Cynical.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Leody wrote:

:lol:

PG2... The thing is mate, you're singling out Clichy on a decision that he arguable got wrong without even giving and mention of the fact that the reason he was tasked with that decision was because both centerbacks were "marking ghosts" as you put it. The whole thing arose from them making errors, and you over look that to take the chance to attack Clichy. It isn't fair in my opinion, and apparently the opinion of most others as well.

Koscielny also stood off Clark for no reason, but you don't say anything about that. Koscielny and Squillaci both were standing on the six ball watching. If either of them would have attacked the ball after if deflected to Clark we wouldn't be having this discussion, but they didn't. So why is it Clichy's fault alone? He should have been left to mark Young with both Koscielny and Squillaci closing down on Clark since Carew was just standing behind them in an offside position.

I dont think there was any blame with the CB's. The ball was hoofed/crossed into our box someone headed it out (not sure who it was) and it ended up to clark. Kosc and squilli were both going back because they were occupied with Carew. I think they then stood there watching expecting Clichy to close clark down.

When they saw him backing off they both went to block the shot but they were too far to start with and it was too late by then anyway. I dont agree they were marking 'Ghosts' because they were probably both occupied by Carew. Both were probably with him to ensure he doesnt get a free header from the ball that was crossed by Villa aimed at him. So I really cannot see what the CB's did wrong in that situation.

If anyone else was to blame then it was the absence of a DM around that area where Clark found himself all alone. There was absolutely no one there. So should I blame Wilshere? Should I blame Song?? No, I dont blame them because the blame doesnt lie with them the blame lies with our style of game. Song and Wilshere or Denilson dont play purely as a DM. They are not static DM's that sit infront of the defense trying to help them out. Arsene Wenger and our style of play encourages them to go really high up so you are going to get times when we have situations like this. That is the fault of Arsene Wenger because he is the one that chooses this style.

But I dont think any manager in the world would tell Clichy in that situation to leave the guy that is about to take a shot on goal from 20 odd yards and go worry about the guy you are suppose to mark incase he slips it in to him. That is why I am blaming Clichy. He made the biggest mistake in that sitauation. What makes it worse is that he clearly demonstrated in that situation he really doesnt have a brain at all. I dont feel secure with a guy like that at LB. Where you know he will do something that is inexplicable. Not even a pub standard LB faced with the situation Clichy was faced with would have done what Clichy did. 99.9% of defenders would have gone to close to clark.

Secondly, you guys mistakenly get the impression that I only pick on Clichy. That is absolute rubbish. I criticise players where I see them making mistakes. The difference is that when I criticise Clichy someone in here starts an argument over it instead of accepting Clichy made a mistake. Almost all of you accept he made a mistake but most of you also think he wasnt the only one to blame which is fine by me. But if you look back at this thread the whole Clichy argument started because someone tried to lift all blame from Clichy and spread it onto others. Maybe they didnt mean to do that but that is how it came across to me and thats why we are still talking about it.

On the other hand when i criticise other players for obvious mistakes people dont argue with me over it apart from maybe one other occassion when I blamed Fabianski for the mistake against Newcastle and the same person had a problem with that too.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:08 pm

*popcorn*
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Leody » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:11 pm

It doesn't take two men to mark a man (Carew) lying on the ground with injury. Kos was 100% ball watching. And Carew was like 4 yards off the endline and would have bee easily played offside. There is no way you're getting me to believe he needed two CBs to defend him.

And why is it excusable for them both to be marking somebody else, the same man, but not Clichy then? :dontknow:

That's my whole point mate, you're blaming Clichy for something that was a team breakdown.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 pm

Myrmedus wrote:*popcorn*

:popcorn:
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/11/10

Postby Git » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:29 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:*popcorn*

MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:32 pm

I prefer Nachos
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Dammit I didn't realise there was a smiley for it!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Probably seen it but I had to post this, that crazy little midget makes me laugh!

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,16429_6526901,00.html

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Forest » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 pm

what? thats a AW press conference? hes no midget?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2010-11